Break Soul trophy help

Lava_Yuki

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with activating the Rokurou and Velvet's third stage break soul for the Shattered soul trophy. I've gotten Elenor's, Eizens and Laphicet's easily, but for Velvet I find it hard to maintain it for 20 secs. Is there a trick or an easy way to to do it?

For Rokurou I seem to only be able to activate the first one, and nothing happens when I continue to hold or press R2 again. Is there a trick to this, as the game doesn't seem to explain it very well.

Any advice at all would be much appreciated. I just want to pull them off once just for the trophy. 

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
39 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm really confused. Do I have to see the finishing artes AND the mystic artes for the trophy? Or am I missing a break soul, and I don't know it.

You need the break soul arte finisher, the Mystic Artes are for another trophy.

You may be missing one of the counter spells from Magilou, since those depends on what kind of spell she breaks. Since I had the AI controlling her the whole game I wasn't missing any of hers.

If it's Rokurou you need, you just have to find an enemy that is easy to predict and do 3 in a row without too mich time in between.

Edited by AndresLionheart

Just now, AndresLionheart said:

You need the break soul arte finisher, the Mystic Artes are for another trophy.

You may be missing one of the counter spells from Magilou, since those depends on what kind of spell she breaks.

Since I had the AI controlling her the whole game I wasn't missing any of hers.

If it's Rokurou you need you just have to find an enemy that is easy to predict and do 3 in a row without too mich time in between.

I had the AI on most of my team as I was maining Velvet for the whole game. I even made sure to switch every so often. Maybe I haven't given her better equips to up the BG/SG count. Anyway, I'll check everyone's finishers to see who I have left.

28 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I had the AI on most of my team as I was maining Velvet for the whole game. I even made sure to switch every so often. Maybe I haven't given her better equips to up the BG/SG count. Anyway, I'll check everyone's finishers to see who I have left.

It's extremelly unlikely that the AI did Rokurou's third one, though. I'm pretty sure I got my trophy when I finally pulled off his (I wanted to see his Mystic Arte)

Edited by AndresLionheart

24 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

It's extremelly unlikely that the AI did Rokurou's third one, though. I'm pretty sure I got my trophy when I finally pulled off his (I wanted to see his Mystic Arte)

Let's just hope I'm missing a couple or a few. It took me an hour of trying to get Velvet's last finisher - the one before her 3rd Mystic Arte.

• 1 month later...

After finishing the Mystic Artes, i checked their Break Soul attacks and i was missing only Rokurou's 4th move.I've done it 3 times but i didn't get the Shattered Soul trophy.Any thoughts? I have 4 for Velvet and Rokurou, 1 for Magilou and 3 for the other 3 characters.

EDIT. Nevermind, i was missing Magilou's Tetra Detonator

Edited by sephiroth4424

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Equip leveled up gear, this will increase your initial / max Soul Gauge (among other benefits) if you have the proper Glacite. You're going to want at least 5 units in your SG before starting the process.

1.)You take the breaker soul stance just before getting hit. If you are hit while in the stance, he parries it with Vengeful Punishment (-1 SG).

2.)Avoid getting hit again and then when they are about to attack again, enter break soul stance. If you are hit while in the stance without taking damage in between, he parries it with Vengeful Scourge (-1 SG) instead.

3.)Once Vengeful Scourge starts, begin pressing R2 several times, this should trigger Vengeful Retribution as long as you still have 3 units of SG.

Good enemies to try it against are armored ones (like the golems or knights) as their attacks usually have a long wind up that is easy to time correctly.  Perhaps try it in the armored Admin Zone? That will give you plenty of time to fill your Soul Gauge to max before the battle is over.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

If i remember, i used the advice from @Redgrave 

Hi, i already completed all mystic arts except the dual ones this was, but i have no clue how to pull off the "Tetra Detonator" for that silver trophy.... that is what i need help with. i did all the breaking abilities, but trophy description is unclear if i need to pull off those other attact types like "Tetra Detonator" and such.

58 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Hi, i already completed all mystic arts except the dual ones this was, but i have no clue how to pull off the "Tetra Detonator" for that silver trophy.... that is what i need help with. i did all the breaking abilities, but trophy description is unclear if i need to pull off those other attact types like "Tetra Detonator" and such.

Find a group of enemies that have a lot of spellcasters. Maybe it's best to try a dangerous encounter (you know, 2 groups fight).Enemies mustn't die before you do it though, i think it won't register then. 

As for the other question, i'm not 100% sure. It's been some time since i did it. What i do remember when i couldn't get the trophy, it was that i checked the moves' list and Tetra Detonator had 0 uses. After doing it i got the trophy. Btw i didn't use Magilou throughout the game, i didn't control her. She was always in my team though and did every move as AI except Tetra.

But like i told you earlier, if you can't activate it, it's easier to do it with the Chaining system. I don't remember if i did TD that way but i'm certain i did others 

Edited by sephiroth4424

10 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Find a group of enemies that have a lot of spellcasters. Maybe it's best to try a dangerous encounter (you know, 2 groups fight).Enemies mustn't die before you do it though, i think it won't register then. 

As for the other question, i'm not 100% sure. It's been some time since i did it. What i do remember when i couldn't get the trophy, it was that i checked the moves' list and Tetra Detonator had 0 uses. After doing it i got the trophy. Btw i didn't use Magilou throughout the game, i didn't control her. She was always in my team though and did every move as AI except Tetra.

But like i told you earlier, if you can't activate it, it's easier to do it with the Chaining system. I don't remember if i did TD that way but i'm certain i did others 

hi again,

yes but what wxcactly trigget her to use TD? Does she need to have enemies cast all 4 types of element toward her or what?

14 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

hi again,

yes but what wxcactly trigget her to use TD? Does she need to have enemies cast all 4 types of element toward her or what?

I don't believe so, any spells she absorbs are fine. Here, check this video, it explains the mechanics. But seriously, just try it with chains if it's so hard to pull it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnApzafRnrY

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I don't believe so, any spells she absorbs are fine. Here, check this video, it's explains the mechanics. But seriously, just try it with chains if it's so hard to pull it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnApzafRnrY

So it seem like i only have to to the break skill "R2" many times in a row with high soul count and it will happen. will try when i get her back in NG+. Just started new round with all those goodies.

For anyone still in need

I used the final Admin Zone having highly upgraded equipment on everyone for the extra souls that you can have (+40 equipment level or higher should be adequate)

I controlled Rokorou, pressed R2 before being hit for the first break soul, just mashed the button really and eventually got his last break soul and 3rd mystic arte or you could just let the A.I control him and set it to only be able to use the 3rd mystic arte since it can only be used after the 3rd break soul is used

I highly recommend to let the A.I do velvet's third break soul for you by, again, setting it to only use the 3rd mystic arte

Have the maximum amount of Soul Bottles on you if you mess up for a quick refill if you're controlling either Rokorou or Magilou (can't say for certain but I think Tetra Detonator is just random if it get's used or not), also set your companions to only defend and heal if controlling either of said characters. If you want the A.I to do it for you, then you'll need them to attack to potentially do it while you just walk around the battlefield minding your own buisness, healing them with artes/items if necessary, hopefully this helps

• 7 months later...

Velvet Nightmare Claw is giving me nightmares, freaking obnoxious japanese bs, I've read that her oversoul box should glow red when she's ready, is it the sign that she's 20 seconds in oversoul? Because no matter how long I stay in oversoul, it doesn't happen.

Edit. Nevermind, turns out first I had to defeat a random boss in a random room in the final dungeon to be able to pull off the move, something not mentioned in the trophy description in the guide.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 11 months later...