Life is Strange: Before the Storm

http://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/161712261945/announcing-life-is-strange-before-the-storm

Announcing Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Dear Life is Strange fans,

Thank you for your incredible support over the last few years. We know you have been eagerly anticipating what is next for Life is Strange so we really hope you enjoyed the announcement trailer for Life is Strange: Before the Storm and are looking forward to the release of the first episode on 31stAugust 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

So yes, that means there are now TWO Life is Strange projects in development, with DONTNOD Entertainment having also recently announced that they are also working on a new game. You’ll be the first to hear when we have more news on their game but for now, let’s focus on the newly announced Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

Before the Storm is our reaction to so many of you asking for the chance to revisit Arcadia Bay. This is where Denver based Deck Nine Games  come in. Deck Nine Games are veteran game developers who, although being a new narrative games studio, have an extremely talented team from videogames, TV and film and a powerful set of proprietary tools called Storyforge. Please join us in giving them a very warm welcome to the Life is Strange family. You’ll get to meet the team and see their fantastic work during E3. Be sure to tune into the IGN livestream on Monday 12th June at 12:00 noon Pacific for the world’s first gameplay reveal.

You will also no doubt be excited to hear that Ashly Burch, Chloe’s original voice actor, makes a welcome return to the family this time on writing duties. Fans of Ashly will know she’s an Emmy nominated writer and it’s great to have her writing dialogue for a new younger, 16 year old Chloe, this time voiced by extremely talented actress Rhianna DeVries.

Ashly is writing alongside a passionate and talented team of writers at Deck Nine lead by Lead Writer Zak Garriss. The writing team have been working hard to create a compelling and rich three episode story that’s set before the events of the first game and focuses on when Chloe meets Rachel. Unlike Max, Chloe has no rewind power, so we highly recommend you think before you speak..! Chloe’s sharp tongue will require her to live with whatever she says and as before, every single action and choice will have a direct consequence in the short, mid and long term.

We know that many of you would love to see more from Max. Due to the way in which the first game ended, we didn’t want to canonize one group of players’ choices over the other – a sentiment echoed strongly by our community. That being said, we will still be giving you one final chance to play as Max through the self-contained bonus “Farewell” episode, which takes place long before the events of Before the Storm. This stand-alone bonus episode, will release after episode 3, and is only available as part of the Deluxe Edition of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Rest assured, anyone purchasing the complete season of Before the Storm will get the full story. Max’s ‘Farewell’ episode really is just a bonus episode for those who would like to play as her one final time.

Thank you once again, for all your dedication over recent years. We can’t wait to hear what you think about Life is Strange: Before the Storm. There will, of course, be many more details revealed during E3. Make sure you check out the below video, made by the team over at Deck Nine Games, as there are many new details in to dive into. There is also an FAQ here but as usual, do let us know if you have any other burning questions in the meantime!

Many thanks,

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ahoyimzoe said:

Unlike Max, Chloe has no rewind power, so we highly recommend you think before you speak..! Chloe’s sharp tongue will require her to live with whatever she says and as before, every single action and choice will have a direct consequence in the short, mid and long term.

And here is where some people are gonna check out, sadly. The rewind idea was novel, but I do love having to live with my actions so I'm pumped.

8 minutes ago, ahoyimzoe said:

We know that many of you would love to see more from Max. Due to the way in which the first game ended, we didn’t want to canonize one group of players’ choices over the other – a sentiment echoed strongly by our community. That being said, we will still be giving you one final chance to play as Max through the self-contained bonus “Farewell” episode, which takes place long before the events of Before the Storm. This stand-alone bonus episode, will release after episode 3, and is only available as part of the Deluxe Edition of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Rest assured, anyone purchasing the complete season of Before the Storm will get the full story. Max’s ‘Farewell’ episode really is just a bonus episode for those who would like to play as her one final time.

I'm really glad that neither ending is gonna be a factor, that was one of my biggest worries. It'll be nice to see Max though. I have absolutely no idea how her little episode will fit in though X)

• Like 1

Pre-Orders now up on the PSN Stores!

"Pre-order the game and receive:
- 'Classic Chloe' Outfit from the original game 
- An exclusive PS4™ dynamic theme

Episode 1 releasing 31/08. Other episodes can be downloaded in-game or from PlayStation®Store as and when available.

Deluxe Edition contains: 
- The main game (Episodes 1-3). 
- Bonus Episode: ‘Farewell’ - play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episode.
- Exclusive New Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game.
- Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits: Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

Play as Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons."

Edited by ahoyimzoe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ahoyimzoe said:

Pre-Orders now up on the PSN Stores!

"Pre-order the game and receive:
- 'Classic Chloe' Outfit from the original game 
- An exclusive PS4™ dynamic theme

Episode 1 releasing 31/08. Other episodes can be downloaded in-game or from PlayStation®Store as and when available.

Deluxe Edition contains: 
- The main game (Episodes 1-3). 
- Bonus Episode: ‘Farewell’ - play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episode.
- Exclusive New Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game.
- Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits: Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

Play as Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons."

Yup, gonna have to give this one a preorder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Will pre-order later this month, if I still can. Liked the trailer so much I googled the song, Numbers by Daughter.

As soon as I heard the track I stood up in my chair at work, saw the Oregon bowl and squealed a little bahaha. My favourite band and one of my favourite games in one? Yes pls.

• Like 1

im probably alone on this but i hated the first one. im probably getting old but the teenage 91210 drama really pissed me off, especially that cry baby blue hair girl.

it was an easy plat and there is far worse games, when it comes out free on psn plus i wil give it a try

one exclusive episode only you you buy the deluxe version? classy move

Edited by kusuriuriPT

On 3-6-2017 at 10:31 AM, Kaiwan said:

so prequel means no time power..?

On 3-6-2017 at 1:14 PM, Rose Amicitia said:

This was an element that captivated many people, is something "special" and gives a different magic to the game, however i suspect that if in a new game if this element is withdrawn many people will find that it's another game similar to many others .

Because of how the original game ends though, I very much doubt that the sequel will even make use of the time power.

On 2017-6-2 at 2:29 AM, ahmedelebiary said:

DONTNOD announced LiS 2 .. they gave LiS for free on PS plus.. and now LiS prequel ? is this heaven ? haha :giggle::lol:

When I first saw this in the MS E3 conference I thought it was the sequel to LiS that was announced last month. Good to know we will be getting a prequel as well as a sequel. :)

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Because of how the original game ends though, I very much doubt that the sequel will even make use of the time power.

It seems that this game will focus on chloe as the main character, so certain "extras" like time power of the first game will not exist in this one

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

It seems that this game will focus on chloe as the main character, so certain "extras" like time power of the first game will not exist in this one

... 'kay... Noooot realy sure why you're quoting me, though...

I mean, I already knew Chloe was the main character and that she won't gain a rewind power, because I've read this:

14 hours ago, ahoyimzoe said:

http://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/161712261945/announcing-life-is-strange-before-the-storm

Announcing Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Dear Life is Strange fans,

Thank you for your incredible support over the last few years. We know you have been eagerly anticipating what is next for Life is Strange so we really hope you enjoyed the announcement trailer for Life is Strange: Before the Storm and are looking forward to the release of the first episode on 31stAugust 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

So yes, that means there are now TWO Life is Strange projects in development, with DONTNOD Entertainment having also recently announced that they are also working on a new game. You’ll be the first to hear when we have more news on their game but for now, let’s focus on the newly announced Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

Before the Storm is our reaction to so many of you asking for the chance to revisit Arcadia Bay. This is where Denver based Deck Nine Games  come in. Deck Nine Games are veteran game developers who, although being a new narrative games studio, have an extremely talented team from videogames, TV and film and a powerful set of proprietary tools called Storyforge. Please join us in giving them a very warm welcome to the Life is Strange family. You’ll get to meet the team and see their fantastic work during E3. Be sure to tune into the IGN livestream on Monday 12th June at 12:00 noon Pacific for the world’s first gameplay reveal.

You will also no doubt be excited to hear that Ashly Burch, Chloe’s original voice actor, makes a welcome return to the family this time on writing duties. Fans of Ashly will know she’s an Emmy nominated writer and it’s great to have her writing dialogue for a new younger, 16 year old Chloe, this time voiced by extremely talented actress Rhianna DeVries.

Ashly is writing alongside a passionate and talented team of writers at Deck Nine lead by Lead Writer Zak Garriss. The writing team have been working hard to create a compelling and rich three episode story that’s set before the events of the first game and focuses on when Chloe meets Rachel. Unlike Max, Chloe has no rewind power, so we highly recommend you think before you speak..! Chloe’s sharp tongue will require her to live with whatever she says and as before, every single action and choice will have a direct consequence in the short, mid and long term.

Thank you once again, for all your dedication over recent years. We can’t wait to hear what you think about Life is Strange: Before the Storm. There will, of course, be many more details revealed during E3. Make sure you check out the below video, made by the team over at Deck Nine Games, as there are many new details in to dive into. There is also an FAQ here but as usual, do let us know if you have any other burning questions in the meantime!

Many thanks,

The two people I quoted were also talking about not having powers in the prequel, which is why I said that I doubt we'll use any powers in the sequel, because of how the first game ended.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

... 'kay... Noooot realy sure why you're quoting me, though...

I mean, I already knew Chloe was the main character and that she won't gain a rewind power, because I've read this:

The two people I quoted were also talking about not having powers in the prequel, which is why I said that I doubt we'll use any powers in the sequel, because of how the first game ended.

I also don't know why you answered me, I also knew all the new things about the game.... anyway so much drama ..

The bad news is that the game will come out at the end of my summer vacation, if they follow the format of the first game will be released an episode every 2 months (more or less) :P

Edit : I'm sure that although there is no "rewind time" the game won't disappoint anyone !I'm right, don't i @ahmedelebiary ? :D

Edited by Rose Amicitia

Wow, an announcement for a prequel and another one just around the corner for a sequel. Totally didn't expect that one week ago when I finished the first game. It was about so much emotion that I'm very hyped for another 2 games of LiS. For me at least, before the storm is the first game I have pre-ordered just after I saw the announcement trailer.

Somebody please call Max and tell her to fast forward all of us to 31st august...

Edited by Dragos_19

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

This idea seems dumb to me. I mean, the whole point was the rewind power. Sure - the game didn't utilize it well, but if you take away the rewind power, all you have is the story of two high school girls. Epic.

People are going to love it just because it's LiS...

For some unknown reason.

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I guess it's similar to how people are going to hate on the game just because it's LiS then. ;)

Well, of course :awesome: 

On more serious note, if you don't like the base, you can hardly expect something from prequel.

And in fact, if prequel is better, it would just show how the main game sucked =D