Online issues?

Legchomper

I got Tekken 7 today and every time I try to play ranked matches or player matches it says Connection to the opponent has been lost. I've managed to play one tournament but I can't get any other online stuff. Do I just need to give it time to install properly or something. I have the option to pick online so I thought that wasn't the issue. So anyone know why I'm getting this message? My connection is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I got Tekken 7 today and every time I try to play ranked matches or player matches it says Connection to the opponent has been lost. I've managed to play one tournament but I can't get any other online stuff. Do I just need to give it time to install properly or something. I have the option to pick online so I thought that wasn't the issue. So anyone know why I'm getting this message? My connection is pretty good. 

I have same issue .  I click on opponent and instantly give me error with connection lost .  I Hosted tournaments and i was even able to play with ppl from jp.   But on ranked and player match i get 9/10 tries instant connection lost (even with enemys with green connection ).

I hope it is something more ppl have and it gets fixed . Because my connection is a good one.

Be sure to drop your connection filter to 3+ or higher. And just... be patient. The game isn't doing too well with online at the moment, but for trophy sake at least, you only need 10 battles for all the online trophies. Namco is aware of the issue on PS4 and is working on it.

2 hours ago, Tearraven said:

Be sure to drop your connection filter to 3+ or higher. And just... be patient. The game isn't doing too well with online at the moment, but for trophy sake at least, you only need 10 battles for all the online trophies. Namco is aware of the issue on PS4 and is working on it.

I've tried both that and any connection, just can't seem to get a ranked match, player I was lucky to find one, tournament I can usually get as long as host has good signal. I've tried clicking people with good signal and those with some wins. 

1 hour ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I've tried both that and any connection, just can't seem to get a ranked match, player I was lucky to find one, tournament I can usually get as long as host has good signal. I've tried clicking people with good signal and those with some wins. 

4 hours ago, Tearraven said:

Im pretty sure it is not really connection issue between the players . Because i played in tournament mode against people with green and with red connection , it was always fine. When you click in ranked on player it instantly pops the "connection lost" message ... but so quickly it cant even connect and lose connection , there is more buffer for something like this. It must but be a Server issue, like "ranked" server or kinda like that .

I suffer from this too, it is not at all a problem related to player connections, as I can play Tournament and Player Match modes with great smoothness. The whole "connection has been lost" happening only on Ranked Matches and EVERY SINGLE TIME in them means it's a problem on their end.

This is not the first time and it won't be the last that a game has had matchmaking issues at launch. It will be fixed in due time ^_^ I have no platinum rush (I'll be playing A LOT of this) so I can wait no problem xD  

Yeah, tournament and from what I heard, created lobbies are the only stable online fights. I was able to get a casual match this morning, but I don't know if it's fixed or if I was lucky.

The only reliable way to get ranked matches right now is to wait until the opponent list is blank and the text at the bottom says something like "searching for sessions". When a pop up box comes up with an opponent hit yes and it will most likely go through. This was the only way I could get ranked matches this morning, and it's what Harada suggested until they fix this. I can't link it, but you can find his message on his twitter account.

56 minutes ago, MrADC said:

Yeah, tournament and from what I heard, created lobbies are the only stable online fights. I was able to get a casual match this morning, but I don't know if it's fixed or if I was lucky.

The only reliable way to get ranked matches right now is to wait until the opponent list is blank and the text at the bottom says something like "searching for sessions". When a pop up box comes up with an opponent hit yes and it will most likely go through. This was the only way I could get ranked matches this morning, and it's what Harada suggested until they fix this. I can't link it, but you can find his message on his twitter account.

I could not get either a rank match through the match list, instead what I did was go into warm up until I found someone that I could connect to. Since I'm done with the game. I won't be playing it until it's fixed properly. 

59 minutes ago, MrADC said:

This is what I am keeping on doing earlier but won't work. 

1 minute ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I could not get either a rank match through the match list, instead what I did was go into warm up until I found someone that I could connect to. Since I'm done with the game. I won't be playing it until it's fixed properly. 

first, grats to the plat. How about Player Matches, is it ok now? 

Namco should be ashamed of themselves. 

I have been trying for over 2 hours to get a decent online game and nothing. 

Working fine on PC/Steam though

Makes you wonder, all those years in development and still cannot get the basics right.

I even created sessions and not a single person joined for over 40 mins! 

Tekken was never great over online. 

Give up on offering online gaming, it's all hype and a f^&(*ing waste of time. 

2 hours ago, MrADC said:

Not sure if it was my luck, but after doing this method, I was able to get in 2 ranked matches back to back. Really hope they fix this issue soon.

6 hours ago, JaM said:

This is what I am keeping on doing earlier but won't work.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I was skeptical at first, but when it did work I hoped the success rate would be pretty high, but I guess it's not.

I wish developers would keep their staff at the ready on release day for big titles to tackle these online match making issues. It's been happening going all the way back to Street Fighter IV (and probably further) and games still have a bad online experience in the first few days.

On console anyway; seems PC Tekken 7 players aren't having as many issues as PS4/XB1 users are.

22 hours ago, MrADC said:

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I was skeptical at first, but when it did work I hoped the success rate would be pretty high, but I guess it's not.

I tried again today and it seems like lady luck is on my side today. I was finally able to get into a match 3 times now (luckily, I won once). It seems like it is also the best way now to earn the 10 match online for now. It takes some time though.

Bandai Namco has issued a statement, saying they're working on it. They are also going to make changes to Ranked Mode.

We have received inquiries from a number of customers regarding situations in which they appear to have trouble matching with other players in Ranked Match.

We are currently investigating the issue and plan to address the problem through an online update scheduled to modify the game spec and improve matching. Player and opponent character will no longer be displayed when searching for a match in Ranked Match.

More details regarding the update will be posted to the official Tekken site.

We apologize for any inconvenience which this may cause in the meantime.

The TEKKEN Team

http://eu.tekken.com/#!/en/news/regarding-tekken-7-online-matching-functionality

The servers are extremely annoying. I cannot connect to an online match at all. Literally the only thing preventing me from obtaining the platinum is getting the trophy for winning a ranked match and a player match. For some reason, I can connect to tournaments fine. Just keep on getting the same error match everybody else is getting when trying to get  ranked match.

I think I will leave the trophies for now, finish off the rest of the character endings and then play the walking dead season 3.

Just got done trying to get some of the online trophies. Pretty much had to resort to boosting, as I could not hold a stable connection whatsoever in the time I played before posting for help. The process came down to -- "Quick Tournament" --> "Unable to join" -- > "Quick Tournament" -- > "Host has disconnected" -- > "Quick Tournament" -- > "You have been removed from the lobby"... and this went on until I did manage to get a couple of games in, of which I lost them, and I wasn't too keen on searching high and low for yet another tournament at the risk of being put in Single Elimination and immediately exited from the tournament from a quick loss, or yet another kick and/or host disconnect. I think I tried for, like, 2 hours before kicking up a boosting session.

Even boosting wasn't a surefire way to get them. Player match is easy... invite/join/win/trade. Tournament can be easy if you have exactly four people in the group, which we initially didn't. After close to 30 minutes waiting for our lobby to fill, we had to grab 2 other people to help us. The last one I now need is ranked, but ranked matchmaking is so laughably busted that the method in the guide for "finding" players doesn't work (I kept getting the same dude over and over again, and the funny thing is, is that he had been sitting in the lobby for hours and yet had 0 wins), and finding randoms results in disconnects, anyway.

Not sure how others are getting the ranked trophy so quickly, but I would recommend others hold off on at least that mode until they get things sorted out. It's an absolute mess, and even that would be understating it.

Schermata_2017-06-06_alle_16.14.12.png

JUNE 5, 2017

REGARDING TEKKEN 7 ONLINE MATCHING FUNCTIONALITY

We have received inquiries from a number of customers regarding situations in which they appear to have trouble matching with other players in Ranked Match.

We are currently investigating the issue and plan to address the problem through an online update scheduled to modify the game spec and improve matching. Player and opponent character will no longer be displayed when searching for a match in Ranked Match.

More details regarding the update will be posted to the official Tekken site.

We apologize for any inconvenience which this may cause in the meantime.

The TEKKEN Team

Edited by Toma_Gabriel