Examen ruins my game experience...

Hi guys,

I'm actually pissed off because I discover that if you fail the exam, the game invite you to make a NG+ ! And surprise, you totally start from scratch...

I spend 25h this past few days enjoying the game as far as I can, and now that I have my 3 recommandations letter, I'm always failing at Exam.

I don't have the level requirement to accomplish it easily (Even on EASY). Any tricks to pass easily the exam and finally re-enjoying the game ?

I'm not actually prepare to start from scratch...

Edited by Novagraphix

Wow did you fail the exam? That is very strange because the exam is fairly easy, you can get point with questions, synthesis and battle. Atelier games in general always is better to have more than 1 save because they are games at some point with point of no return. With 25 hours you must have good alchemy and level of adventure. 

If you play on easy just the battle change, but the questions and synthesis I think is the same. You can clear the exam with 10-13 correct answer, and make a decent item, and of course win the battle. 

• Like 1

It's really easy to pass if you make a 999 quality distilled water before the exam. In case you didn't know, distilled water can be used as an ingredient in itself. Put some quality enhancing traits on a distilled water, and then use that to make another distilled water. Repeat this until the quality is 999. Then, you can use that distilled water to make yet another distilled water for the alchemy portion of the exam.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

It's really easy to pass if you make a 999 quality distilled water before the exam. In case you didn't know, distilled water can be used as an ingredient in itself. Put some quality enhancing traits on a distilled water, and then use that to make another distilled water. Repeat this until the quality is 999. Then, you can use that distilled water to make yet another distilled water for the alchemy portion of the exam.

yeah but for first time no is necessary do it. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the quick reply guys,

I'm not very familiar with Atelier series, I love the game mechanics but was pretty frustrated by this obtaining exam.

I know after that exam that the game really begins, so it's very ennoying to being blocked by this.

Hopefully, I kept a save at Reisenberg with 7 days left before the exam, Firis is actually lvl 2 (I spend to much time exploring world).

I will try the trick with the Distilled Water. ? I will keep you informed.

EDIT : I just found this guide http://gameplay.tips/guides/389-atelier-firis.html

Edited by Novagraphix

Following my previous message, I finally obtain exam with 57pts.

I lost my 1st fight and don't had the chance to fight against Sophie.

I will try in a next game this trophy for Platinum.

Thanks again for your kind support guys.

Have a good game !

4 hours ago, Novagraphix said:

Following my previous message, I finally obtain exam with 57pts.

I lost my 1st fight and don't had the chance to fight against Sophie.

I will try in a next game this trophy for Platinum.

Thanks again for your kind support guys.

Have a good game !

Congratulation! and yeah, is better first find better equipement and weapon and get all endings. When you start your second playthrough you can focus in  fight with Sophie and create  999 distilled water. Advice: Before do the exam be sure Firis be lvl 30/35, with the new equipement now you can lvl up more faster.

I love the open world in Atelier Firis and now you can explorer all you want!