Can Online Trophies be earned with cheats?

MustafaTR-07

31 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

I don't remember, but doesnt the character transfer from PS3 to PS4 autopop some trophies?

It used to, as of march 2017, you can no longer transfer from old gen to new gen. It did autopop whatever multiplayer trophies you already had when you transferred

The PS3-PS4 character transfer autopopped everything you had accomplished, you were only given one chance to do it when you accessed GTAO on any other platform than your previous one. The transfer would then split the account into two separate entities with separate progress. 

The service shut down 6th March, 2017.

There are people running hacked clients (or servers) on GTAO, using a mod menu that can gift money, RP, put a player in God Mode etc. If you get the RP trophies popped this way it's extremely likely a PSNP user flags you here for illegitimate trophies.

That's a really rubbish question. Of course, cheats disable trophies, it's like this since the last generation. Such rare games will allow you using cheat codes and earn trophies.

In online modes, there exists no cheats. Unless you mod and hack your console, but there you risk of being suspected of cheating and get banned from the game's online. The only exception would be of a dead online and there exist known exploits to unlock trophies quicker, nobody would care. Not only that you get banned, but you'd get flagged on PSNP if people get some suspicious on your trophies earned illegitimately.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

38 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

In online modes, there exists no cheats. Unless you mod and hack your console, but there you risk of being suspected of cheating and get banned from the game's online.

There have existed and still exist multiple exploits and glitches in GTAO you can abuse to get ahead, both on PS3 and PS4. By and large these are "cheating", but do not void trophies and are not considered "illegitimate" by PSNP standards. https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaglitches/

You could eg. freely use the car dupe exploit to create the money required for Live a Little (edit: AFAIK this is patched now across platforms). Hackers could also gift you money and while this might be questionable for PSNP leaderboard standards, there is little PSNP can do to detect it. R* does detect it, though, and have taken action before.

Neither do you need to mod and hack your console in order for a third party to inject RP on your account and pop the trophies as a direct result. All you need to do is join a lobby where such a player roams, accidentally or - sometimes - on purpose. This is likely to get flagged on PSNP, and on occasion has lead to R* taking action too.

Edited by ars

7 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

That's a really rubbish question. Of course, cheats disable trophies, it's like this since the last generation. Such rare games will allow you using cheat codes and earn trophies.

In online modes, there exists no cheats. Unless you mod and hack your console, but there you risk of being suspected of cheating and get banned from the game's online. The only exception would be of a dead online and there exist known exploits to unlock trophies quicker, nobody would care. Not only that you get banned, but you'd get flagged on PSNP if people get some suspicious on your trophies earned illegitimately.

Your reply is rubbish. Of course I know cheats disable trophies in SINGLEPLAYER. Just wanna know if cheats can help you for earning rank up trophies. Also, don't saying it's auto pop like transfering your files into another console. 

I earned mine legit, with time and effort. So i'm qualified to issue a standing pox upon those who artificially got or are trying to get theirs via a cheat. Far more satisfying earning this stuff legitimately rather than trying to flex the system because of an inability to put effort into something.

32 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I earned mine legit, with time and effort. So i'm qualified to issue a standing pox upon those who artificially got or are trying to get theirs via a cheat. Far more satisfying earning this stuff legitimately rather than trying to flex the system because of an inability to put effort into something.

You're not qualified to issue standing boxes upon anyone, when no one asked anyone's opinion on cheats. They asked if cheats are possible.

Although I'm mighty interested in seeing a video of that legit set of tennis you claim to have played in GTAO :)

10 minutes ago, ars said:

You're not qualified to issue standing boxes upon anyone, when no one asked anyone's opinion on cheats. They asked if cheats are possible.

Although I'm mighty interested in seeing a video of that legit set of tennis you claim to have played in GTAO :)

You are right, no one asked my opinion. No one asked yours either :) But we both still felt fit to give them. You should be careful or i'll institute the box you mentioned and the pox I mentioned.

Nice to see I hit a nerve though ;)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Just now, Crispy_Oglop said:

You are right, no one asked my opinion. No one asked yours either :) But we both still felt fit to give them. You should be careful or i'll institute the box you mentioned and the pox I mentioned.

I'm not stating any opinions on the topic, just facts. Well, I have to give you the tennis and my firm belief your GTAO run isn't quite as legit you claim it to be :)