Kishnabe

What...is this? Part 2

28 posts in this topic

In glory of this: 

 

Now we get the first game. Anyone's thoughts on this list and the game.

 

I am curious like the 2nd game but It might be too expensive for me to push the handle. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how not a single person has the Platinum for the "first" game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting to see we are getting this one, will only get this for lol's if its plattable and when it's cheap

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering when the first game was going to be released.  I really wanna try the second game (Gachduine), but it looks so bad...

 

On 6/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, Caesar Clown said:

Interesting how not a single person has the Platinum for the "first" game.

 

Yeah I'd like to know why.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still shocked this was on psn lol. Was sent a review copy years ago for the 2nd one, but ended up not reviewing it to avoid hurting the guys feelings... But now it's "legit."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NettoSaito said:

Still shocked this was on psn lol. Was sent a review copy years ago for the 2nd one, but ended up not reviewing it to avoid hurting the guys feelings... But now it's "legit."

 

You should have reviewed it.  I would have read it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50% launch discount for the first game, the sale is good through the end of the buy 100 get 15 back promotion if one is looking for something to get them the rest of the way. 2nd game that was already released also has a 15 day discount of 67%.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

 

You should have reviewed it.  I would have read it.

 

Lol, well at the time a part of me also thought it was a joke. I mean my blog is just a small thing me and friends do for fun, and here was this guy sending me this massive paragraph email explaining who he is, and what his "company" does. Then he went on to explain the game, and linked me directly to the website filled with screen shots and what not. Under all of that was a link to my free review copy... But it just wasn't worth actually reviewing. The whole thing seemed like a joke, but in the chance it wasn't a joke I didn't want to be mean. So I let it go, stuck it in the "do not review pile" along with all the other random indie and mobile games I get emailed to me I ignore, and thought I'd never see it again.... THEN THIS HAPPENS *points to PSN*

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the Platinum yesterday, had been going through this really slowly but I walked into the bottle shop & a 6-pack of Molson was only $14 so I knew what I had to do.

 

Went through impossible difficulty in just under 4 hours doing a few sidequests along the way. I was only about lvl 30 so the main story really isn't very demanding. Picked different options (against severin) and got a really bad ending compared to the first playthrough.

 

This was a digital import for me since it's not in my store and I can't help but feel I missed out not being able to use the cross buy function & play on vita. Ended up remote playing a lot of the game so it would have been nice to have it on there for real.

 

Anyway cool title, I've never played anything quite like that, will have to do the second game as well.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I got the Platinum yesterday, had been going through this really slowly but I walked into the bottle shop & a 6-pack of Molson was only $14 so I knew what I had to do.

 

Went through impossible difficulty in just under 4 hours doing a few sidequests along the way. I was only about lvl 30 so the main story really isn't very demanding. Picked different options (against severin) and got a really bad ending compared to the first playthrough.

 

This was a digital import for me since it's not in my store and I can't help but feel I missed out not being able to use the cross buy function & play on vita. Ended up remote playing a lot of the game so it would have been nice to have it on there for real.

 

Anyway cool title, I've never played anything quite like that, will have to do the second game as well.

 

Good job!  Good luck on the second game!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 1:55 AM, readytofuky said:

I got the Platinum yesterday, had been going through this really slowly but I walked into the bottle shop & a 6-pack of Molson was only $14 so I knew what I had to do.

 

Went through impossible difficulty in just under 4 hours doing a few sidequests along the way. I was only about lvl 30 so the main story really isn't very demanding. Picked different options (against severin) and got a really bad ending compared to the first playthrough.

 

This was a digital import for me since it's not in my store and I can't help but feel I missed out not being able to use the cross buy function & play on vita. Ended up remote playing a lot of the game so it would have been nice to have it on there for real.

 

Anyway cool title, I've never played anything quite like that, will have to do the second game as well.

 

I know this post is nearly a year old, but i've been wanting to play these games just because they seem... unique, if nothing else. It's hard to find people with plats though, so i was wondering what your thoughts were on the trophies? Are any of them missable or particularly hard?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah these games are certainty unique alright...

Anyway, as far as missable trophies go I can't say for sure if there are any with this game since I haven't played it.  I only played the second one and I know that one does have missable trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2018 at 0:22 AM, Dorroile said:

 

I know this post is nearly a year old, but i've been wanting to play these games just because they seem... unique, if nothing else. It's hard to find people with plats though, so i was wondering what your thoughts were on the trophies? Are any of them missable or particularly hard?

 

Sorry I missed this. I remembered a thing or two last night & wanted to adress the missable aspect of it. It's possible to complete the main story & miss battle, social & side quest stuff but as long as you've kept a save it should be ok. I would say it's a good idea to keep several saves at various points in the game.

 

Also make a note of where the side quests are, I remember for one of the games I couldn't remember where to go for the ultimate side quest & it took a while to jog my memory & wander into the right building. It had something to do with a previous side quest & was in the same area/building.

 

For the social stuff keep checking for the '!' next to the names of your party members. Check on this after completing missions. Make sure to keep up to date with it & head over to your in-game apartment when there is social stuff to do. I really loved this part of the game, it was hillarious sometimes. Haley has some great friends & knows how to party.

 

That thing I posted about in the gachduine sub forum about hoarding competancy points after reaching level 50 might help here but I don't remember the 'earning millions' trophy in this game taking as much effort/planning as the 'damage is just a number' trophy in gachduine. I wish I could remember more good & specific information. I played these just after getting 100 platinums & I was going to chill out on trophies (hasn't happened haha). I was planning on playing these games just for recreation & out of curiosity but once the first one clicked I decided to go after the trophies.

 

A lot of it is just getting used to the unique way these games do things, I promise the battle system makes perfect sense after a while & when it does I daresay there's fun to be had with it. Especially going in a bit underlevelled & using strategy to overcome tough situations. I'm sorry that I can't remember deadly specific info. These days I'm trying to document things a bit when I do a game that hasn't been done by too many people & has no guide. Last year, well that was pretty free & loose hehe.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

 

Sorry I missed this. I remembered a thing or two last night & wanted to adress the missable aspect of it. It's possible to complete the main story & miss battle, social & side quest stuff but as long as you've kept a save it should be ok. I would say it's a good idea to keep several saves at various points in the game.

 

Also make a note of where the side quests are, I remember for one of the games I couldn't remember where to go for the ultimate side quest & it took a while to jog my memory & wander into the right building. It had something to do with a previous side quest & was in the same area/building.

 

For the social stuff keep checking for the '!' next to the names of your party members. Check on this after completing missions. Make sure to keep up to date with it & head over to your in-game apartment when there is social stuff to do. I really loved this part of the game, it was hillarious sometimes. Haley has some great friends & knows how to party.

 

That thing I posted about in the gachduine sub forum about hoarding competancy points after reaching level 50 might help here but I don't remember the 'earning millions' trophy in this game taking as much effort/planning as the 'damage is just a number' trophy in gachduine. I wish I could remember more good & specific information. I played these just after getting 100 platinums & I was going to chill out on trophies (hasn't happened haha). I was planning on playing these games just for recreation & out of curiosity but once the first one clicked I decided to go after the trophies.

 

A lot of it is just getting used to the unique way these games do things, I promise the battle system makes perfect sense after a while & when it does I daresay there's fun to be had with it. Especially going in a bit underlevelled & using strategy to overcome tough situations. I'm sorry that I can't remember deadly specific info. These days I'm trying to document things a bit when I do a game that hasn't been done by too many people & has no guide. Last year, well that was pretty free & loose hehe.

 

Thank you for all the stellar advice, both on this forum and the tips you PMed me!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up writing a trophy guide for the game after i got the plat, and with a bit of luck it should be up on the site in a few days. Hopefully having a guide will convince a few more people to give the game the fair chance it deserves!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing the game now. Battle system is overly complicated. The dialogue and graphics is where this game's at though. The developer clearly intended for a lot of humor, so I wouldn't feel too bad about hurting his feelings. He should know what the game is like. Obviously looks like something done on PS1, and to be fair, it was developed for PC, and those versions is no longer accessible for purchase, so I suspect it was a while ago.

 

Back to the pros of this game, the dialogue, and all the meme references. Story is mildly put overly strange and complicated. Makes little sense, and I'm not sure if he really wants us to take it seriously or not. There's just so much personality and references with a twist, the person who made it must have known what they did and found it all very funny. If you're what people call a "SJW", well, this game isn't for you. It isn't mentioning anything like that by name, it's more like taking jabs with what various characters say and act.

 

Anyway, it's definitely intended to be fun, and it sort of it is a lot of the time. But battle system is overly complicated, to the point where it hurts, but I think with enough play, I'll adapt and learn how it plays. I wish I could run though.

 

Making first game my 275th plat, and second game my 300th. :) 

 

 

2019-09-22-19h11-52.png

 

 

https://www.twitch.tv/MMDE

 

If you wanna watch me play it live.

Edited by MMDE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Having played this for a good while, nearing the end soon. I really have to say there's so much "Fine Dialogue" (TM).

 

Gameplay just ends up being super exploitable, for the most part, and the trophies aren't that difficult to knock out. You should however make sure you read the reference stuff about how to level up each character. Don't spend a single point before you've done so. You will want to have a character that can take out most enemies before a fight has even started. Basically a rifle dude, who can shoot people from across the room, before fights even start. You may even have your main character invest in rocket launchers too. You probably want a good tank as well. My rifle dude has super avoid high evade as well, which made me able to solo the hardest bosses with him alone. Enough speed + evade + last alive, it's a chore, but you'll make it. Just level to 100 as soon as you can. It's a damn chore, but it makes the entire game much easier.

 

Anyway, the dialogue, can't stress it enough. It's all over the place. The topics, the language, the story, it's all strange. Like the main quest line is decently mature and serious, but everything else just isn't, at all. So much meme potential, and there's plenty of references to real world stuff.

 

Considering it only cost 2USD, I think most of you can afford it. It's only available in NA store though, but yeah, have fun, this is kvlt.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MMDE said:

 

Having played this for a good while, nearing the end soon. I really have to say there's so much "Fine Dialogue" (TM).

 

Gameplay just ends up being super exploitable, for the most part, and the trophies aren't that difficult to knock out. You should however make sure you read the reference stuff about how to level up each character. Don't spend a single point before you've done so. You will want to have a character that can take out most enemies before a fight has even started. Basically a rifle dude, who can shoot people from across the room, before fights even start. You may even have your main character invest in rocket launchers too. You probably want a good tank as well. My rifle dude has super avoid high evade as well, which made me able to solo the hardest bosses with him alone. Enough speed + evade + last alive, it's a chore, but you'll make it. Just level to 100 as soon as you can. It's a damn chore, but it makes the entire game much easier.

 

Anyway, the dialogue, can't stress it enough. It's all over the place. The topics, the language, the story, it's all strange. Like the main quest line is decently mature and serious, but everything else just isn't, at all. So much meme potential, and there's plenty of references to real world stuff.

 

Considering it only cost 2USD, I think most of you can afford it. It's only available in NA store though, but yeah, have fun, this is kvlt.

 

I have been wanting to pick this game up; however, my main gripe was the dialogue.  I was very lost with the story on the second game and the amount of curse words strung together was irritating.  I don't know if I would fully be able to enjoy this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

 

I have been wanting to pick this game up; however, my main gripe was the dialogue.  I was very lost with the story on the second game and the amount of curse words strung together was irritating.  I don't know if I would fully be able to enjoy this game.

 

Well, this game jumps you pretty straight into it too, but I've been able to follow. The curse words are just silly to me. The main-quest story is too serious for me, and not particularly great, but I'm definitely able to follow it just fine. The side-missions is where it's at though, going around talking to people, clearing out the hardest dungeons etc. Most of the game is side-missions.

Edited by MMDE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, MMDE said:

Considering it only cost 2USD, I think most of you can afford it. It's only available in NA store though, but yeah, have fun, this is kvlt.

 

What is with the insane price hike on this game (18USD)?  I don't think it cost that much when it came out.  When were you able to snag this game for 2USD?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

 

What is with the insane price hike on this game (18USD)?  I don't think it cost that much when it came out.  When were you able to snag this game for 2USD?

 

It's just on sale all the time.

 

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1374727/skylight-freerange

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1176868/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine

 

Seems to be at various prices. I at least bought them for around 2USD each. I remember one cost like 0.5USD more than the other though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MMDE said:

 

It's just on sale all the time.

 

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1374727/skylight-freerange

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1176868/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine

 

Seems to be at various prices. I at least bought them for around 2USD each. I remember one cost like 0.5USD more than the other though.

 

I had checked that site earlier and the PS Store and it was listed at 18USD.  Anyway, thanks for the info!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.