How I fixed my glitched collectibles (conversations and more).

I'm still seeing so many people posting about glitched collectibles, and believe me, I know how frustrating it is to not see those trophies pop. Luckily, I finally took the proper precautions and have fixed my incredibly glitched game, so I'm going to share with you how to do it. SKIP DOWN 2 PARAGRAPHS IF YOU SIMPLY WANT TO SEE THE METHOD.

Just a quick setup for my personal situation: this game is massively glitchy, and said glitches are caused by a variety of factors. My own experience was: played the game on normal but didn't use a collectible guide, so went back to beat on grounded while using a guide on a separate save file. I got every single collectible, but my convos, jokes, and shiv doors trophies didn't pop. I checked after each one in the statistics to see if it counted, and many of them did not.

The main problems with TLOU trophies seem to be that whenever a new patch for the game is downloaded, it resets the collectible counters either completely or a certain amount. While the counter is reset, the game still may have your profile registered as having said collectible already. So basically, you can't get the trophies. 

*****************SO HERE IS HOW I FIXED IT*****************

Please NOTE: read the whole thing before deciding to attempt, I'm not sure if it messes with multiplayer yet.

1. (OPTIONAL) I highly recommend you backup your data with a usb stick. You're backing it up because in step 2 you'll be deleting all of the game data on your ps4 for The Last of Us. Deleting it will make sure that once you start another collectible run, your profile won't be screwed up from past playthroughs and patches.

Here's a vid on how to backup data with a usb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QlwHrL9M80

2. Next, you'll need to wipe your system of two types of TLOU data: "Profile Data" and all of your "Save Game" data(s). Here's the multiplayer warning: I'm not sure if multiplayer profile (rank, loadouts, unlocked weapons and skills) is tied to profile data or not. I'm not opening the multi until I snag all of the single player trophies, so anyone that knows for sure please reply to this thread. Hopefully you'll have your data backed up on usb in case you want/need something from your old saves.

To delete your Profile and Save Game data: Turn on your PS4 and select your profile >>> Go up and right all the way to "Settings" >>> Select "Settings" >>> Select "Application Saved Data Management" >>> Select "Saved Data in System Storage" >>> Select "Delete" >>> Select "The Last of Us Remastered" >>> Check the box "Select all" and delete all of the data.

Personally, I also went into online storage (if you have ps plus you can access this) and I deleted all of the data from there as well. I feel like it's safest to do so.

To delete your data from the online storage, follow this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiqWVqr2b_U

3. Uninstall the game and reinstall it. Download the latest patch and make sure the game is fresh and up to date. 

4. Now that you're data is wiped and your game is up to date. you're ready to start anew. Create a new save file and begin playing through the game, getting whatever collectible trophies you need. 

Those are all 4 steps. Pretty simple really. 

I did this process just a couple days ago and it has been a tremendous improvement. HOWEVER, I have still encountered a couple of much less severe (but equally frustrating) tracking glitches. So, the last thing I want to discuss is how to play it safe so you can finally get these trophies. 

1. Check your statistics every single time you have a conversation, unlock a door, pickup an artifact, or whatever you may be collecting. There should be no problems with the number tracking in this new playthrough.  

2. Try not to stop playing in the middle of a chapter. This particular glitch happened to me twice with the conversations and once with a shiv door: you do 2 conversations, checking the statistics page each time. They both successfully counted - the statistics went from 19 to 21, so all is good. You make is to a checkpoint and know that the game saved, so you quit the game. When you start the game back up, you check the statistics and see the conversations showing 19, as if the last 2 conversations never happened. This glitch happens if you don't finish enough of the chapter after collecting something, so try to finish the chapter before getting off. 

Now, if this does happen to you, don't freak out: you can still pick these back up in a new game plus mode. Just make note of your statistics numbers once you get off. If the numbers have dropped when you get back on, figure out which collectibles stopped counting (should be the most recently collected) and write down which ones they were for New Game Plus.

3.  DON'T USE CHAPTER SELECT to pick up any missed collectibles!!! As I stated previously, you can get them in New Game Plus. Chapter select is so risky and will probably cause more harm than good. In fact, start New Game Plus as soon as you finish your first playthrough.

So there you go everyone! I know how much it can suck to have these trophies glitch on you after going through the entire game and getting everything you need, but this "resetting" process should finally allow you to fix those glitchy trophies and get that long pursued platinum trophy. Good luck, and happy hunting.

Edited by Weegee13
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

has anyone ever had it glitch the other  way? this page has people who got say all comics but missing some artifacts got the trophy and if so since it seems to b a known glitch will it get u flagged? cause it happened to me on suvivor after finishing on hard i panacked n deleted user oh sry playing on ps 3 version

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/the-last-of-us/trophy/65177-Scavenger.html

Edited by ckleckner