Active gamers, did anything game related inspire you to get fit?

Weegee13

My weight fluctuated from unhealthy to overweight up until I was 18. I loved the Uncharted series and always admired how Drake could run, jump, and climb like it was nothing. It takes some insane upper body and core strength to do activities like parkour and rock climbing, I'm just finally getting to the point where I can perform that stuff now. I love how a part of gaming, an activity that focuses on being stationary for long periods of time, inspired me to pursue fitness. Luckily they can easily coexist, I still game way harder than I exercise. 

So, fit people of PSNP (or even people on their way to getting fit right now), did any particular game or character inspire you to lose weight, gain strength, or just be more active?

• Like 1

Mario Kart inspired me to drive like a maniac, no kidding there. But no, I've gained weight from being a couch potatoe playing games and took notice of how chunky I was, never looked back and have taken care of myself.

• Like 1

I think The Boss from MGS3 would be mine in this case, she's just so badass, I want to be able to flip people over and utilize the basics of CQC.

I've been on a pursuit of fitness for a while now, so I don't know if I would count it as the inspiration, but it is an inspiration.

• Like 1