zomba666

zomba666's Dispute

58 posts in this topic

zomba666

Grand Theft Auto V
Hi, my GTA5 account was hacked yesterday, that is the only reason i earned 2 trophies at the same time.<br /> I told it in the forum, in war Gta5 post.

Could you elaborate on / explain this a bit more? :) 

Edited by MMDE

I was thinking maybe this person joined a modded lobby to get rank 100 instantly because this happens to a few people. There's no legitimate RP method for getting level 50 and 100 within seconds of each other. I took the time to look him up on socialclub, rockstar's stat tracking website for GTA V, on there he's rank 30 and going into rank 31. 

Here's a screenshot of the stats on his profile: 

Xn8KX2C.png

This website doesn't lie about online stats and you don't need to update your profile manually and the game saves your online character to a server and the game saves almost automatically. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

I was in a Gta5 online session, doing a mission, when I saw my level growing up itself from level 27 to a level more than 100 very quickly.

When I understand what happends,  I turned off my ps3 but too late, 2 trophies pop.

Rockstar server dont have enough time to save my gta5 profile, so when I turned on my ps3 and go back to a gta5 online session, my account was level27, but for trophies, i cant do anything. 

I tried to explain it in a gta5 post on gta5 ps3 forum

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by zomba666

Not to worry about your English! Your point is getting across just fine! 

Sadly, hacked lobbies are the bane of trophy hunters. Whether or not you wanted it to happen, it makes the time stamps for those trophies illegitimate. It is the same situation that's happened with many disputes, especially in the infamous PS3 Call of Duty lobbies, specifically Black Ops 2 and World at War. Based on previous disputes, it is highly unlikely that the flag will be lifted, but just know that a flag doesn't define you as a cheater or anything of that sort. If you care about leaderboard rank, you can hide the game and assuming you have no more than 2 flagged games, you should be reinstated into the leaderboards.

Thank you for the reply.

I dont care about leaderbord, but it is not nice for me to be banned for something I cant do anything.

Yes, modders in GTA V lobbies are pretty common, I'd say 1 out of 20 lobbies.  Most of the time they just  drop money on players though.  Occasionally drop bombs on everyone from the sky or go into god mode....  I have seen them advance levels on other players in rare occasions too.

You won't be banned here, but you'll need to hide the game to reappear on the leaderboard.  GTA V is on PS4 too, if you want to show it on your list and the hard work you have done.

Ok, i will not be banned,  but considered as a cheater...

It's up to me to do things when I have nothing to do with it.

I do not want to hide a game to appear in the leaderbord and not to be considered as a cheater. 
Considering me as a cheater is not pleasant.mostly if it is not my fault. 
Edited by zomba666

This is the only way you could have avoided this issue but of course this is something not known by many poeple.

Thank you for the topic.

But I will do NOTHING on my playstation account because I did NOTHING forbidden. 

Doing something in my profile It is the best Way to encourage cheaters.

They will in any case not be punished . In contrary of me...

Edited by zomba666

The rest of whatever little he's done looks legit. While Black Ops II has become common knowledge with how far the word has spread, hacked RP lobbies on GTAV are news to me and I've cleared the online less than a year ago. I'm looking at the forums and there is no warning about this, as a matter of fact there is only one topic about it and that topic is barely 24 hours old.

Whoever the flagger is, instead of posting fair warnings about it all over the GTAV forum, he opted to run through the accounts and start flagging people. I believe that behaviour to be toxic, it shouldn't be condoned on this site. The OP has been vocal about his situation on PSNP, even before the flag.

Considering the OP isn't an active user of PSNP forums he wouldn't know there exists the silly suggestion people in this situation should start deleting their accounts - a suggestion I personally feel is going way overboard when you consider the skillset and awareness of an average console gamer. It's obvious to me the OP isn't aware he even had the option to do something like that.

Considering all the aspects surrounding this, I favor the flag to be lifted. I'm generally in favor of games, where the users do not have a say whether the match they joined suddenly pops trophies, to not count on the leaderboards at all and magically this whole problem goes away, but I know at least some of the staff disagrees with me on that.

5 minutes ago, ars said:

hacked RP lobbies on GTAV are news to me and I've cleared the online less than a year ago.

Considering all the aspects surrounding this, I favor the flag to be lifted. 

GTA hackers have plagued the servers since almost day one.  It was so bad at one point Rockstar reset EVERYONE's cash to basically nothing. (Since everyone had like $750 million or more)

But yeah, I've always said games like this, RDR, CoD should be whitelisted and not count towards the 3 strikes.

Thank you for all your replies, in particular ars.

I dont think it is usefull,  but it is good for me to read things like that.

Edited by zomba666

46 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

GTA hackers have plagued the servers since almost day one.  It was so bad at one point Rockstar reset EVERYONE's cash to basically nothing. (Since everyone had like $750 million or more)

I'm aware of the money hack (edit: I guess I could clarify, also that you can deliberately hack your own RP, thanks @B1rvine), however it didn't directly affect any trophies except one, and even then it's in most cases impossible to prove whether hacked cash was used towards unlocking it. The PS3 version was full of exploits with R* taking months to fix some like the car duplicate exploit, which means even using proper game exploits, specific matches and maps, a "legit" (ie. not using hacks, just exploiting game bugs) gamer NOW could never attain the same degree of progress and money a "legit" gamer could THEN. By all degrees R* has abandoned the PS3 GTAO already, not sure if they even bother to bring the bounty system back up.

In any case, this is the first hack that directly affects trophies. RP can now be forced onto a player whether they want it or not. I guess you could see it coming as all the old R* games have had a similar destiny. But whenever it comes it will be a surprise for the first batch of people affected. As such they'd be punished not for deliberate illicit action, but for playing the game just as they always have.

When you look at the OP's posts from yesterday, anger, threats he won't play another R* game again, the flag is just insult to injury. I can't bring myself to favor punishment in a situation that is so clearly outside his power.

Edited by ars

@ars

Well, as of late 2013 / early 2014, there were modders doing *something* where someone could then intentionally complete a mission with them, to get millions of RP (or cash).  

I also remember getting into a war with some guy, he turned out to have god mode on and was invincible, I checked his trophies and he got to level 100 in about a 6 hour span from first entering online.  Then you see these level 9999 people... So it's definitely been around, just this seems to be the latest thing they can do.  

I've been on the PS4 version since I got my PS4, it's much better.  But, WARNING:  there seems to be hackers here too, I'll try to upload a video later.

In any case, I think super popular games should be whitelisted. I.e. players can still be removed from the individual leaderboards for that game, but where it doesn't count as a strike.

Edit: Took me a second to find an example, but here:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3147-grand-theft-auto-v/SpOoKy-_CJC_1?order=date

Edited by B1rvine

I'm in favor of lifting this flag, because literally there is nothing you can do prevent it other than not play the online portion. Everytime you hit 'play online' in loading screen it will bring you to a public lobby which is INFESTED with hackers, which will either drop tons of cash, explode everyone, turn everyone into a snowman or simply make them get loads of RP out of nowhere. Ok, you can counter saying: Don't ever play public lobbies then: Not an option, since whatever error you get during a invite-only session it can simply kick you back to a public session, had that happen to me god knows how many times when Heists updates came out.

Also this case isn't that different from people getting level 50 in Red Dead Redemption within minutes with those awful hacked lobbies.

It all depends on whether this person actually did encounter a modded lobby that gave him infinite RP or whether he hacked the trophies altogether. His social club profile shows him being rank 30 on the game and your rank would save regardless of what happens since the game auto-saves. If he really thought fast enough to quit the game before it saved, why couldn't he think about holding off on syncing the trophies to see what happened? A big thing about this game is that trophies are retroactive, so if you really had level 100 done for you in a lobby and deleted the user then if you made a new user to play the game, you'd still get the level 100 trophy automatically. 

But to even have a solution to the problem of ranking up immediately in your lobby, you'd need to delete your online character, delete your user on PSN and then start the game all over again and if it happened once, it'll very likely happen all over again. But I'd say if you whitelist this game, you also need to whitelist any of the other games of its kind that have people in lobbies that like to automatically unlock trophies for people such as Black Ops II and World at War. 

Some people have spent a lot of time ranking up to level 100 so they might get salty that their hard work ranking up has been wasted because they could have just joined a modded lobby and got it done for them. GTA IV also had this issue, but GTA IV also had a save hack for the max multiplayer rank, but GTA V ranking is stored on a server. Personally, I think if you did not have to modify your own console or use someone else's save to do trophies then you shouldn't be flagged, but there's no real way to differentiate between those things on other games. If you get level 100 on GTA V then you can at least take a picture/make a video of your character while it is level 100 because your level 100 character will always be there as long as you don't manually delete your character, I feel like that could be a suitable way to dispute this game. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

47 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

Some people have spent a lot of time ranking up to level 100 so they might get salty that their hard work ranking up has been wasted because they could have just joined a modded lobby and got it done for them.

That's irrelevant. They can get just as salty over R* adding further and further nerfs to the RP awards. It's well within everyone's power to get salty over anything they could ever want, and it doesn't touch this matter at all. Furthermore the behaviour of the OP doesn't reflect your theories.

The only reason I think that the flag should remain is to keep the leaderboards completely clean. OP may be the nicest person on the planet, but if we let that affect judgment and lift the flag, then we have to start making exceptions everywhere. It's unfortunate that you were in a hacked lobby, but that doesn't mean that the trophy was earned legitimately. 

23 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

The only reason I think that the flag should remain is to keep the leaderboards completely clean. OP may be the nicest person on the planet, but if we let that affect judgment and lift the flag, then we have to start making exceptions everywhere. It's unfortunate that you were in a hacked lobby, but that doesn't mean that the trophy was earned legitimately. 

I'll say this in regards to that, you can't control what other people are doing in your lobby when they hack the game on their console, but if you've not hacked the trophies by modding your own console or using a save file, why should you be to blame? The reason I have personally is the fact that so many people hack GTA V independently, so it's hard to say whether people hacked the game themselves or had it hacked for them by chance. Since rockstar stopped updating the game on PS3 the hacking problem will never be fixed, the only solution they came up with was trying to stop it spreading to PS4 by discontinuing character transfer from older systems. I think if someone can prove that in-game they have attained the rank of level 100, they should not be flagged for the game because the game cannot be hacked with a save and running CFW on the game yourself would be a big risk to take because staying online with CFW puts you at risk of being banned. If someone can prove that they have level 100 on this game on a non-modded console and Rockstar Social Club stats also show them as level 100, that should be that. 

Using in-game glitches and exploits are permitted because the developers made a mistake with their game and overlooked the glitch, but can't you say that people being able to get into modded lobbies on a console that isn't modded is also a fuck-up on the developers part? The game wasn't protected well enough or moderated well enough to prevent hacking and a result of that is that honest players get their stats significantly increased although they themselves did not tamper with their system. But then again, the argument here would be that if GTA V can be whitelisted, Black Ops 2 should be whitelisted too. At the end of the day, it's going to be impossible to flag everyone who has illegitimate looking trophies for both games. Time looking at reports for similar cases regarding Black Ops 2 and GTA V could be used to respond to reports on more obscurely hacked trophy lists on other games. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

i can't believe what i'm about to type...if the goal of a flag is to remove implausible time stamps from the leaderboards then this dispute definitely fits the bill...i don't like the whole situation of hackers messing with other people for whatever reason, trophies involved or not...the fact that this guy needs to hide his game is kind of silly imo...i don't think the delete/recreate user process for removing hacked trophies is common knowledge and involves a lot more work than just quitting the game/lobby...who would actually have the clarity of mind to stop what they are doing and go look for answers online if trophies started randomly dinging in a public lobby?...and can we blame someone who didn't?...

my question here would be, what would it take to have games/situations like this whitelisted?...yes, i know we won't be able to prove if intentional or not but who would care if they didn't appear on the leaderboards anyways (which is apparently the goal of the flags, no?)?...if anything i find, and this is now changing as a result of disputes, that having hidden games would put you more in the category of looking like a hacker than someone who just enjoys playing video games that perhaps ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time...get all of these games off the leaderboards for the 5% that actually care about them and make many users feel like they are being labelled as cheats/hackers or whitelist these games, give them the info that would allow them to erase the trophies should it ever happen to them again, and move on...i'm not only in favor of lifting this flag but any other one for games like this and others where the online lobbies are plagued by hackers...how long would it take to put together a list?...an hour?...something tells me that the goal of the flags is actually to weed out hackers (not implying this is a bad thing) as opposed to just keeping the leaderboards clean if games like this remain as flag stains/hidden games on people's profiles...the counter argument that we have a 3 strike rule for glitches and hacks is good but why should these regular gamers have to go through this hiding game process for something completely out of their control?...i wouldn't say adding insult to injury but damn this really sucks for them..."serves you right for playing online and ending up in a modded lobby?"..."$hit, i just wanted to have some fun on my day off and now this"...

side note: if he hacked the trophies himself he's be way higher in rank on the social club stats...but his time stamps are illegitimate...to flag or not to flag?...

"sorry homie, we have a whitelist for games like this so your trophy times won't be on the leaderboards...here's a list of games to watch out for and a solution should it ever happen to you again"...much more diplomatic imo while still maintaining clean leaderboards...

Edited by ProfBambam55
side note...twice...thrice....

4 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

The only reason I think that the flag should remain is to keep the leaderboards completely clean.

The leaderboards are not "completely clean" and will never be, after all you can only detect the people who failed at creating the trophy set and ended up with clearly impossible timestamps. Anyone who succeeded in creating the timestamps will not be detected and will not be flagged, although the new gimmick of using the Wayback Machine does reach into this somewhat - but only for specifically targeted accounts which have been tracked by PSNP for prolonged times.

The leaderboads aren't competitive per se, either. With PS4 and Vita the base download too is patched when a patch gets released, which means people playing a specific game at different times and in different formats do not have the same environment to work in, which would be a requirement to compare eg. speedrun statistics.

I would like to prevent collateral damage considering how hostile a part of the community acts towards "hackers" - or anyone whose profile is publicly off leaderboards ever since they have a flag. And let me remind you the leaderboards aren't the only site function cut off from a person in this situation. I can appreciate the effort to make the leaderboards "look legitimate", while acknowledging it will still be legitimate only in appearance. However in this situation there is no real reason to believe the disputer to have had intent at forging the two trophies. I haven't scrutinized any other trophy sets of his, though.

Generally the disputer is expected to be able to tell what happened and this time there's a clear, plausible set of events described. I don't remember the intervals PS3 GTAO syncs the account in server storage, or the interval and the prerequisites for the Social Club page to update, so someone could of course refute the set of events. In any case, the disputer played GTAO for two years and hasn't survived a bounty, so he wouldn't affect any speedrun leaderboards. Chances are he won't be able to 100% the game regardless. If whitelisting PS3 GTAO is impossible for a reason or another, giving leeway in this case preserves a plausibly legitimate gamer from public shaming, and doesn't affect a thing otherwise.

i get why the flag is probably going to remain, but it's really unfair. GTA V is hacked on both PS3 and PS4 as well as various other games like black ops etc. They really should just be removed from the leaderboards completely so people can play them freely without having to worry about this. I see a lot of people saying 'this is why you get 3 chances, hide the game and move on' but what if you want to play this, black ops 2 and red dead redemption? That 'solution' of deleting your user also doesn't fly with me. Firstly it's been tested by people and it was a pain to even get it to work. Secondly do people who are suggesting this realise just how much effort that is? My game collection isn't even large in comparison and if I did that it would take hours and hours to get back to where I was. 

10 minutes ago, ars said:

The leaderboards are not "completely clean" and will never be, after all you can only detect the people who failed at creating the trophy set and ended up with clearly impossible timestamps. Anyone who succeeded in creating the timestamps will not be detected and will not be flagged, although the new gimmick of using the Wayback Machine does reach into this somewhat - but only for specifically targeted accounts which have been tracked by PSNP for prolonged times.

The leaderboads aren't competitive per se, either. With PS4 and Vita the base download too is patched when a patch gets released, which means people playing a specific game at different times and in different formats do not have the same environment to work in, which would be a requirement to compare eg. speedrun statistics.

I would like to prevent collateral damage considering how hostile a part of the community acts towards "hackers" - or anyone whose profile is publicly off leaderboards ever since they have a flag. And let me remind you the leaderboards aren't the only site function cut off from a person in this situation. I can appreciate the effort to make the leaderboards "look legitimate", while acknowledging it will still be legitimate only in appearance. However in this situation there is no real reason to believe the disputer to have had intent at forging the two trophies. I haven't scrutinized any other trophy sets of his, though.

Generally the disputer is expected to be able to tell what happened and this time there's a clear, plausible set of events described. I don't remember the intervals PS3 GTAO syncs the account in server storage, or the interval and the prerequisites for the Social Club page to update, so someone could of course refute the set of events. In any case, the disputer played GTAO for two years and hasn't survived a bounty, so he wouldn't affect any speedrun leaderboards. Chances are he won't be able to 100% the game regardless. If whitelisting PS3 GTAO is impossible for a reason or another, giving leeway in this case preserves a plausibly legitimate gamer from public shaming, and doesn't affect a thing otherwise.

Just because someone will get away with something, doesn't mean we should accept it. You can make this argument about almost every law.

So what if a game is patched? You could have played it before the patch. I don't get this argument at all.

What part of the community acts terrible against people who has had a flagged game? You seem to confuse this with people who dispute their flags telling one bs lie after another straight to your face thinking they will fool you and wasting everyone's time. Or people who use CFW to cheat trophies, yes, that is looked especially bad upon in the community, and you seem to understand why. Besides, there are more ways than what you describe to catch CFW. :P Over time it's often pretty apparent who does it too, and you'll screw up eventually.

Not sure who will shame them if their story is true.

Personally, I stay away from games like this. There's just too much complications and there's lots of people with absolutely no intentions of cheating who gets fucked. RDR isn't safe haven by any means. I might do a purge of that game, the single player portion. :) idk what to feel about this one. The thing is though, Sly did add a 3 strike rule for cases like this one and glitches etc. Those are not really meant to let cheaters off the hook.

There are more games where a third party can force a trophy unlock on an unsuspecting user, than there are strikes allowed by now.

A controlled environment is a prerequisite to compare any sort of records.

You're going on this hacker rant while there's just absolutely no reason to on this thread, which kind of proves my point.