zomba666

zomba666's Dispute

58 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ars said:

There are more games where a third party can force a trophy unlock on an unsuspecting user, than there are strikes allowed by now.

A controlled environment is a prerequisite to compare any sort of records.

You're going on this hacker rant while there's just absolutely no reason to on this thread, which kind of proves my point.

Nobody is denying that there are more games, but at some point you should know better. In most cases you can delete your trophies. This is not such a case, according to sergen, so I think an exception might be made on this game.

Edited by MMDE

Hello

Psnprofiles treat me as a cheater. OK.  Even i did nothing forbidden 

Deleting my profile? No way, i am proud of my "cheating"  trophies list .

The only thing i can do is...nothing.

When i will have an online session (in all my games, not only in gta5 ), ppl Who want to play with me can hesitate because i am a cheater. Dont worry, i am a cheater, i will do online trophies by cheating.dont need help for that, i did it myself with  gta5

My friendlist can decrease for the same reason. "Zomba666 is A cheater?i delete him from my friendlist because my friendlist is clean."

I really understand this is only my fault. I am guilty and i am punished. 

Sorry, i have not enough time to fight against my "cheater flag". I will use my time to cheat on other games, that is my hobby.

I dont know how to explain in english how i feel.  Revolted? ashamed because psnprofiles -and,now, a lot of players  treat me as a cheater  ? Yes, all of this feeling. But dont worry, It is only my on business.

But be carefull,  answering me can perhaps be dangerous for your "cleanliness"...

Edited by zomba666

21 minutes ago, zomba666 said:

Psnprofiles treat me as a cheater. OK.  Even i did nothing forbidden 

Deleting my profile? No way, i am proud of my "cheating"  trophies list .

I can make no judgement on if you cheated or not, but I've only seen one person say you've cheated, and they backed it up with some evidence. Deleting your profile? Who has said this? If you refer to what I said, I said delete your trophies. This can be done by deleting your local console user before synching the trophies (disable internet on your console to make sure the trophies doesn't get synched while you back up saves etc). You would then end up never synching the illegitimately earned trophies, and you could then recreate the local user with the same PSN and be fine. The problem here, and why I think it may be possible to lift cases like this is if the servers have synched your level 100 stats or whatever on the server side, so every time you would go online again, the trophies would pop again instantly. This doesn't seem to be the case with you though, if the online user isn't even level 30 or whatever it was.

Edited by MMDE

@zomba666 no need to worry, pretty much everyone agrees nothing indicates you did something wrong. There is one poster who thinks the flag should be kept because "illegitimate timestamps should not be on leaderboards for any reason", I believe the rest favor lifting it, some more, some less.

It's not our call, but flags have been lifted in similar cases before and there is a good chance it will apply here too.

The posts we've made here are just debate on the various reasons for and against. we're not fighting each other and definitely I don't see a single post which would accuse you. I agree the flag will effect the image you have within the PSNP community (and there is the matter of getting a strike for it), which is why I'm against it.

I think the debate has largely ran it's course, there's not much to say that hasn't been said before, because this is not the first game where it happens and you're not the first person in this position. However this is a new, or at least highly irregular thing regarding GTAO, which makes the flagging staff have to weigh in the situation once again (and they wouldn't have to if they just whitelisted affected games blabla....) I presume that's why they haven't stepped in yet.

So just a little more patience.

Edit @MMDE It would be nice if you bothered to read back the thread before posting, these have been addressed in the discussion. We just went through the topic of prolonging debate posting non-information on Serge's thread...

Edited by ars

I'm a bit confused...i thought the 3 strike rule was to allow people who used save files for games like fuel/Sodom/fifa and who could've seen it as the "normal" way of unlocking the trophies...I think this and similar disputes where someone is basically auto-popping trophies for others in public lobbies should be whitelisted to prevent the situation of innocent players having to hide trophies while at the same time keeping the leaderboards clean...simple enough...I think it's a better overall solution for everyone...i'd be happy to help make a list of such games/trophies if it helps future disputes...I don't think these should be put in the same category as fuel, etc. and count towards strikes...why?...case 1 has people downloading save files to ding trophies..case 2 has people just playing normally...could someone please explain the logic behind the resistance to the idea of whitelisting a handful of games if the goal of flagging is just to have clean leaderboards?...it would be appreciated...

Illegitimate trophies can't be on the leaderboard, people have been in hacked lobbies in other games too, like some of the CoD's. I don't know if those have been whitelisted, but if those aren't, how is this any different? I do believe your story because one of my friends has been affected by this on PC (Everyone in the lobby were automatically raised to lvl 250). No one's calling you a cheater, you don't have to delete your profile, your only option is to hide the game's specific trophy list if you want to look clean and be back on the leaderboards. I think it's still possible to join gaming sessions on here even if you're flagged, I think that was changed recently. Also, if people are willing to delete you from their friend list just because of a couple of trophies in one game, they probably aren't really friends in the first place, just saying.. 

I took another look since yesterday and his account levelled up from level 30 to 31... 

7MKglzQ.png

You can see that in the top right corner of the picture, I am selecting the PS3 platform and his account is still not level 100 after 14 hours of waiting, I'm sure by now the Rockstar Social Club website would have updated. Maybe when I took the first screenshot he was level 30 going into level 31 and waiting for it to update and when the update occurred he became level 31. I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think this guy isn't level 100 even with RP lobbies... Unless he can prove me otherwise, I think this might be a real cheater at the moment. 

I will say it now. Rockstar social club, the website I'm looking at is Rockstar's own stat tracker for GTA V (NOT A THIRD PARTY APPLICATION, IT IS PROMOTED IN THE GAME AS A STAT TRACKER! YOU EVEN NEEDED TO USE IT TO JOIN CREWS IN THE PAST!) and will update your stats when you play the game while signed into PSN and to play GTA Online on PS3 you obviously need to be online, as long as you linked your PSN account to social club, you don't need to do anything more than just wait until the stats update on the website. As you can see, the PSN icon is next to this guy's username so it's obviously his PSN account that I'm looking at. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

@Ms Serzilla have you been on a hacked mission, ie. can you without a doubt say raising a level during an instanced raid is immediately synced to the server, and shutting down the console (which does not prompt the quit online sync) would thus not affect it?

Edited by ars

Hmmm...are you implying Zomba is cheating?...my experience is the exact opposite...if you turn off your ps3 directly from a lobby then load back up (which I think is what he said earlier) your rp is reset...it would make sense that his rank on social club is still low if that is the case...easy way to find out...if no one is willing to test it out I could do it within the next 24 hours...

also, the social club can be pretty screwy...I had a f**k of a time transferring characters from ps3 to ps4 and several conversations with r* support where no resolution was found...on the social club I have 100% but am missing the trophy for 30 platinum awards...no idea why...

Edited by ProfBambam55

4 minutes ago, ars said:

@Ms Serzilla have you been on a hacked mission, ie. can you without a doubt say raising a level during an instanced raid is immediately synced to the server, and shutting down the console (which does not prompt the quit online sync) would thus not affect it?

If you stayed long enough for the level 100 trophy to unlock, that means your rank would have saved so his profile would be showing him as that level, the game saves almost instantly and as you see within 14 hours his rank increased, so that would lead me to believe that he wasn't preventing himself from saving.

2 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Hmmm...are you implying Zomba is cheating?...my experience is the exact opposite...if you turn off your ps3 directly from a lobby then load back up (which I think is what he said earlier) your rp is reset...it would make sense that his rank on social club is still low if that is the case...easy way to find out...if no one is willing to test it out I could do it within the next 24 hours...

It would be appreciated for this to be tested out, however zomba could go into the game quickly and show his rank to us in-game, if he's level 100 regardless of the methods used then that should be good enough to unflag him, everyone in 2017 has a camera to make a video/take a picture with. 

13 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

I took another look since yesterday and his account levelled up from level 30 to 31... 

7MKglzQ.png

You can see that in the top right corner of the picture, I am selecting the PS3 platform and his account is still not level 100 after 14 hours of waiting, I'm sure by now the Rockstar Social Club website would have updated. Maybe when I took the first screenshot he was level 30 going into level 31 and waiting for it to update and when the update occurred he became level 31. I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think this guy isn't level 100 even with RP lobbies... Unless he can prove me otherwise, I think this might be a real cheater at the moment. 

I will say it now. Rockstar social club, the website I'm looking at is Rockstar's own stat tracker for GTA V (NOT A THIRD PARTY APPLICATION, IT IS PROMOTED IN THE GAME AS A STAT TRACKER! YOU EVEN NEEDED TO USE IT TO JOIN CREWS IN THE PAST!) and will update your stats when you play the game while signed into PSN and to play GTA Online on PS3 you obviously need to be online, as long as you linked your PSN account to social club, you don't need to do anything more than just wait until the stats update on the website. As you can see, the PSN icon is next to this guy's username so it's obviously his PSN account that I'm looking at. 

He said he tried his best to turn off the console before the trophies popped. Automatically this says to me the RP wouldn't have had any chance to save to his profile, which is why it shows as 30-31 and never updated to 100.

Trophies dinging and rank saving are not at the same time as far as I know...rank saving used to be dependant on completing some sort of action...will test it out...

1 minute ago, Ms Serzilla said:

*snip*

If he directly turned off the console, the RP may have re-setted and gone back to his initial rank. It happened to me the first time I played the game, I ranked up to lvl 5, power cut occured, and next time I logged in I was on lvl 3 again. If you click 'leave GTA Online' it does a quick save and rank applies, I don't know for sure what happens if you directly close the game. 

I also found this :

and this : https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733723-grand-theft-auto-online/67542282

It's a three year old thread though.

@ProfBambam55 I don't have the PS3 version installed and I quit as soon I hit level 100, which means I believe I'm nowhere near to raising a level in free roam. If you're in a better position than me go for it, but I'm willing to try and test this out too.

However, I have my doubts a modified lobby would sync the same way an unmodified would. After all, account adding thousands of RP every five seconds would be a big red flag to anyone / anything monitoring the server. @Ms Serzilla demands proof from the disputer, but in my opinion his own evidence is weak at best because he hasn't tested a modified lobby.

7 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

He said he tried his best to turn off the console before the trophies popped. Automatically this says to me the RP wouldn't have had any chance to save to his profile, which is why it shows as 30-31 and never updated to 100.

On the first page is another image showing his rank when he was level 30 - 31, the picture you quoted was the one I took a few minutes ago to show that his profile had updated, but not to level 100. I think the moment your RP increases is the moment the game saves, not sure. If he turned off his console before trophies popped, that would mean they wouldn't be on his profile, I think. Also, how would he know the trophies were coming and stop it before his rank updates? 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

Just now, Ms Serzilla said:

If he turned off his console before trophies popped, that would mean they wouldn't be on his profile, I think.

That's not true, the write to the XML database is only a few bits. The "pop" as we call it is an interface notification the write has happened.

In other words, the ding sound and the system write do not happen at the same time.

It's really wrong to look at the website that Rockstar themselves tries to promote as the best stat tracker for their game. I'm sorry for looking at Rockstar social club to see that his rank doesn't match his trophies on the game. It's bad enough that both of those trophies unlocked within seconds of each other but when his rank doesn't reflect the trophies on his list, that's an even bigger concern, especially when he himself hasn't proven that RP was awarded to him in a modded lobby. The rank has to save if the trophies are going to unlock and Rockstar doesn't update the game on PS3 anymore so if a hacked lobby did give him level 100 then he wouldn't have lost his rank because they stopped caring about how people rank up. If he has been a victim of a modded lobby and it caused his level 100 trophy to unlock then that means he'd be level 100 if he goes back on the game and looks at his character. 

14 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

If he directly turned off the console, the RP may have re-setted and gone back to his initial rank. It happened to me the first time I played the game, I ranked up to lvl 5, power cut occured, and next time I logged in I was on lvl 3 again. If you click 'leave GTA Online' it does a quick save and rank applies, I don't know for sure what happens if you directly close the game. 

I also found this :

and this : https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733723-grand-theft-auto-online/67542282

It's a three year old thread though.

GTA V on PS3 had a lot of these issues upon launch of the online, but since then a lot of the issues have been fixed. RP methods have changed since then so I wouldn't use a source from three years ago to provide an argument for this game personally. I believe the game stopped being updated for PS3 in 2015, not sure if it was early 2016 though... 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

9 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

On the first page is another image showing his rank when he was level 30 - 31, the picture you quoted was the one I took a few minutes ago to show that his profile had updated, but not to level 100. I think the moment your RP increases is the moment the game saves, not sure. If he turned off his console before trophies popped, that would mean they wouldn't be on his profile, I think. You can stop trophies from unlocking if you turn off your console during them. Also, how would he know the trophies were coming and stop it before his rank updates? 

Trophies pop instantly, stats don't save to servers instantly unless he performed an action of some sort. Usually every 5-10 minutes is an automatic save, then there's saves when you make a purchase, complete a job, finish a race etc. I don't think earning RP is a factor since you can get cruising RP and there's no auto save symbol when that happens. I'm not sure what he/she was doing at the time so I can't back them up. But I do know the servers don't save instantly. If they returned to single player after getting the trophies it would've saved too. Also to turn off your console to not pop trophies is a lot easier said than done. 

I'd like to know how the RP was put into his profile. If he just sat there and got it then he didn't do an action of any significance which could be why it might not have saved. 

Edit: Just realised the social club has a page specifically for trophies on the profile. So if he got the trophy then one would assume it would save to the servers at the same time. 

Edited by ryankamal1998

OP says he was in a mission, and force added RP would constitute no action since it "just appears". 

6 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

It's really wrong to look at the website that Rockstar themselves tries to promote as the best stat tracker for their game. I'm sorry for looking at Rockstar social club to see that his rank doesn't match his trophies on the game. It's bad enough that both of those trophies unlocked within seconds of each other but when his rank doesn't reflect the trophies on his list, that's an even bigger concern, especially when he himself hasn't proven that RP was awarded to him in a modded lobby. The rank has to save if the trophies are going to unlock and Rockstar doesn't update the game on PS3 anymore so if a hacked lobby did give him level 100 then he wouldn't have lost his rank because they stopped caring about how people rank up. If he has been a victim of a modded lobby and it caused his level 100 trophy to unlock then that means he'd be level 100 if he goes back on the game and looks at his character. 

GTA V on PS3 had a lot of these issues upon launch of the online, but since then a lot of the issues have been fixed. RP methods have changed since then so I wouldn't use a source from three years ago to provide an argument for this game personally. 

Also, found this : http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-online-hackers-can-now-manually-increase-your-rank/ This is legit because I know people who have been affected by this. Article says PC only, but it might exist on PS3/360 too? Saw this in the article too : 

However, do not despair, as there is a way to avoid permanent damage provided you’re swift. GTA Online data isn’t saved immediately when an alteration or event occurs. The game indicates saving to the servers with a tiny spinning circle in the corner of the screen, so if that hasn’t appeared yet and you’re hit with this hack, just cut power, yank the internet cable or do whatever it takes to instantly sever your game’s connection to the GTA online servers. This way your hacked state won’t save.

I'm not sure how fast the ranking up occurs in a hacked lobby, based on OP's timestamps, it might have taken about 16-20ish seconds to go from 27-100, maybe more. Either OP realised too late or just decided to let it rank him up intentionally. He did have a chance of avoiding it though, the lvl 100 atleast. I also noticed he is part of the Reddit Crew, so if he visits reddit often, he must have known about it. I'm not accusing him of hacking, nor am I saying he's completely innocent.

Please,  dont waste your precious time for me, close the topic and let me be a psnprofiles cheater.

Now, everybody knows it. 

36 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

I'm not sure how fast the ranking up occurs in a hacked lobby, based on OP's timestamps, it might have taken about 16-20ish seconds to go from 27-100, maybe more.

There's nine seconds between 50 and 100 unlocks, which means at maximum it would've taken around 13 seconds. This calculation does not take into account there is around a three to six second delay between two trophy writes in the database, so the OP could've had as little as seven seconds to react but I'm just guessing that one. Overall however, I don't see why this wouldn't fit into the margin of surprise and required action.

I don't know how he shut down the console, if we just ignore the time it takes to reach for the console, there is a five second delay pressing the power button, until a hard shutdown is executed. Pressing the PS button, waiting for the XMB to load with a resource hog like GTAV, and performing a soft shutdown would've taken even longer.

There is the matter OP being vocal about "his account getting hacked" on the game threads, right on this site, even before he was flagged. Why would he deliberately gather attention towards himself? I'm aware someone might say "because he's not just a hacker, but a sociopath trying to make himself look innocent!" But that sort of speculation is reaching so far I don't see any grounds for it.

I tried to search youtube for anything related to RP hacks on GTAO, haven't hit a good one yet showing how fast does the RP increase (and even then it would just be a single hack interface). I did find a video showing a website where you could add a specified sum of both RP and money to an account, and based on gameplay footage attached at the end, those changes were instant.  However the website also required the email of the GTAO account so it would work.

Zomba, I can understand this is a frustrating process, but if you lose your temper and demand to be made a martyr, Grimy will do exactly that for you.

3 minutes ago, ars said:

There's nine seconds between 50 and 100 unlocks, which means at maximum it would've taken around 13 seconds. This calculation does not take into account there is around a three to six second delay between two trophy writes in the database, so the OP could've had as little as seven seconds to react but I'm just guessing that one. Overall however, I don't see why this wouldn't fit into the margin of surprise and required action.

I don't know how he shut down the console, if we just ignore the time it takes to reach for the console, there is a five second delay pressing the power button, until a hard shutdown is executed. Pressing the PS button, waiting for the XMB to load with a resource hog like GTAV, and performing a soft shutdown would've taken even longer.

There is the matter OP being vocal about "his account getting hacked" on the game threads, right on this site, even before he was flagged. Why would he deliberately gather attention towards himself? I'm aware someone might say "because he's not just a hacker, but a sociopath trying to make himself look innocent!" But that sort of speculation is reaching so far I don't see any grounds for it.

I tried to search youtube for anything related to RP hacks on GTAO, haven't hit a good one yet showing how fast does the RP increase (and even then it would just be a single hack interface). I did find a video showing a website where you could add a specified sum of both RP and money to an account, and based on gameplay footage attached at the end, those changes were instant.  However the website also required the email of the GTAO account so it would work.

Zomba, I can understand this is a frustrating process, but if you lose your temper and demand to be made a martyr, Grimy will do exactly that for you.

Whatever it is, intentional or not, it's still an illegitimate trophy and can't be on the leaderboards. That's all I'm saying.. Up to grimy to decide but I think it will stay flagged, just like every other list with trophies from hacked lobbies.