More DLC trophies coming July 5th

TristanBrown17

Hello everyone! 

Courtesy of the President of Psyonix and the RLCS World Championship, a new trailer has been released. The trailer includes new additions to the game such as arenas, new battlecars, engine sounds, goal explosions, and more trophies. It appears to be a free DLC and I'll try to update the OP once the trailer is released on Youtube. 

What are your thoughts on how far Rocket League has come? Do you wish the updates would stop or are you glad they are continually improving the game and expanding the list/customization?

More free trophies for Rocket League. :blink: Count me in. ? I'm currently the 2nd person to complete Rocket League as of the latest dlc (Dropshot) https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3679-rocket-league. Maybe I can become the 1st. :hmm: I wonder how far they will go with Rocket League. They've been giving us content for 2 years now and it doesn't look like their going to halt anytime soon. Well it doesn't bother me because hey, free is free, so where is the conflict in that. :D (marks July 5th on calendar) I can't wait. 

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

More free trophies for Rocket League. :blink: Count me in. 1f44d.png I'm currently the 2nd person to complete Rocket League as of the latest dlc (Dropshot) https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3679-rocket-league. Maybe I can become the 1st. :hmm: I wonder how far they will go with Rocket League. They've been giving us content for 2 years now and it doesn't look like their going to halt anytime soon. Well it doesn't bother me because hey, free is free, so where is the conflict in that. :D (marks July 5th on calendar) I can't wait. 

I forget which video it was, but when I was watching a Rocket League gamer, I could have sworn that one of their steam friends had something on their "now playing" that said "Rocket League 2 (Beta). I can't confirm it because I have forgotten which video! 

27 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time playing this game when I get a PS4. This is awesome news! :) 

Hey man! Just let me know when you get that PS4 and Rocket League and I'd be happy to help you in any way I can! :)

• Like 2

I picked up this game in February to play with my roommate per his recommendation, and we've had a blast playing it. We're not very good, but still enjoy ourselves nonetheless and I am very pleased that Psyonix continually updates the game and proves that they still deeply care about the product they have delivered to the fans. I welcome the DLC and am excited at the idea of earning more trophies in the game!

Oh wow, nice :D! I love how they keep adding new stuff to this game. I'm not that big of a fan of this game but I really like how Psyonix keeps providing the Rocket League community with new stuff so often (and extra trophies are really nice too, of course :P).

I'm happy to keep jumping back in every now and then. The last few updates didn't hook me gameplay-wise but collecting the trophies never gets old. I thought it was closer to the trophy cap than it actually is. (If we're assuming DriveClub 4,740 points is the limit)

Edited by g-bake_1986

47 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

I forget which video it was, but when I was watching a Rocket League gamer, I could have sworn that one of their steam friends had something on their "now playing" that said "Rocket League 2 (Beta). I can't confirm it because I have forgotten which video! 

Hey man! Just let me know when you get that PS4 and Rocket League and I'd be happy to help you in any way I can! :)

There's no chance of a Rocket League 2 coming out anytime soon. They dumped any plans to make a sequel so that they can keeps supporting this game as long as people are playing it.

Also, the trophies are going to keep coming because the VP of Psyonix, Jeremy Dunham is a huge trophy hunting guy (says he's earned a trophy and achievement at least once a day for the past few years) and says the only way they won't is because of sony's weird made up rules about trophy limits.

54 minutes ago, TehCro said:

Also, the trophies are going to keep coming because the VP of Psyonix, Jeremy Dunham is a huge trophy hunting guy (says he's earned a trophy and achievement at least once a day for the past few years) and says the only way they won't is because of sony's weird made up rules about trophy limits.

I wonder if it's a hard limit on the XML database. DriveClub had to split at 128. The trophy images themselves follow TROPnnn.PNG naming format, allowing numbers up to 999 in a game set.

2 hours ago, TehCro said:

There's no chance of a Rocket League 2 coming out anytime soon. They dumped any plans to make a sequel so that they can keeps supporting this game as long as people are playing it.

I found what I thought I saw if you want to take a look at it since I don't know how to attach screenshots on my PC. HoveringBanana has a video called Top 5 Rocket League Scam Methods. At 5:46, one of the official middlemen shows that they are playing Rocket League 2 (Be..) before it cuts off the screen. I'm not saying you're wrong or that I'm right, but I'm simply making an observation.  

1 hour ago, dalailama1989 said:

https://www.rocketleague.com/game-info/champions-field/

Storm Trooper

Equip a Very Rare Item and complete a game in an Arena with turbulent weather.

Good Times

Head to Champions Field and complete an Online game

Swap Meet

Trade and receive one or more items with another player in a single transaction

Trade Secret

Trade In five items of the same quality to receive an item of the next-highest quality

Rank Up

Complete all placement matches in any Competitive Playlis

Coming On Strong

Score or Assist a combined 30 goals or assists in Casual or Competitive Online matches

I'm not a fan of most of those trophies. I much prefer to NOT play online. And I have zero items because of that. 

Oh well, I'm sure my friend will trade them to me and I'll get a few trophies out of the way at once. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

https://www.rocketleague.com/game-info/champions-field/

Storm Trooper

Equip a Very Rare Item and complete a game in an Arena with turbulent weather.

Good Times

Head to Champions Field and complete an Online game

Swap Meet

Trade and receive one or more items with another player in a single transaction

Trade Secret

Trade In five items of the same quality to receive an item of the next-highest quality

Rank Up

Complete all placement matches in any Competitive Playlis

Coming On Strong

Score or Assist a combined 30 goals or assists in Casual or Competitive Online matches

That's awesome! And easy ones! I already have rare items to Trade In to the game, and I have a Very rare decal for another trophy, so all will be done in no time!

The best and most exciting part of Rocket League is playing online with players! :D Can't wait for a whole month!

• Like 1