What're you workin' on?

Orlay_

Tomorrow, I'm going to start my fourth playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm going for the Big Boss emblem this time, meaning I have to finish the game in under five hours with no continues, no kills, no alerts, no health recovery items used and no special items used. Also my ammunition for my non lethal weapons is limited to fifty rounds, Most people seem to leave it for one of their later playthroughs but I'd rather try and get it done now since I'm familiar enough with the sneaking parts of the game, and I wouldn't gain much more of an advantage from more playthroughs. 

I think I'm mostly okay with the boss fights. I'm kinda dicey with Laughing Octopus though, I just need to figure out a safe way to avoid her "ball" attack. I've got Raging Raven and Crying Wolf down, I'm not too sure about Screaming Mantis though because I can't seem to figure out a fast way to get the Mantis doll out of her hands but once I have that I'm okay as long as I keep some distance between me and the puppet soldiers. I'm good with Vamp, he's the one person in the game I know is going to get his ass beat :lol: 

I can get through the fight against Metal Gear RAY with no damage taken on normal mode, so I'll use the same tactics and hopefully it'll work the same (I actually managed to stun lock him using the gatling gun). As for Liquid Ocelot, I'm good up until the third part (the MGS3 sequence), I haven't figured out a way to avoid his attacks without putting myself at too much risk so it might be blow for blow until one of us dies. 

I keep taking a lot of damage during the chase scenes (in act two and three) though, as well as during the gunfight immediately before the Screaming Mantis fight. Those parts will probably be the biggest pain in the ass, especially the act three chase scene. I haven't the slightest idea of how I'm going to survive that, duck behind Eva and hope for the best? :awesome:

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Tomorrow, I'm going to start my fourth playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm going for the Big Boss emblem this time, meaning I have to finish the game in under five hours with no continues, no kills, no alerts, no health recovery items used and no special items used. Also my ammunition for my non lethal weapons is limited to fifty rounds, Most people seem to leave it for one of their later playthroughs but I'd rather try and get it done now since I'm familiar enough with the sneaking parts of the game, and I wouldn't gain much more of an advantage from more playthroughs. 

Good luck man, that sounds crazy and not something I think I could ever do.

On my end, I'm grinding away at doing Yakuza 0, getting closer to 100% of the checklists done. Which will be followed by a 2nd playthrough on Legend mode.

• Like 1

I'm working through my backlog and I'm not particularly excited to play these games. A few of the games there have been a surprise and really fun like Ni No Kuni. Right now, I'm working through the story of Final Fantasy X and struggling to maintain interest. I'm trying to stick with it because I do want to finish and I don't like revisiting a game when I'm halfway through the story. 

7 hours ago, AdmantCrow said:

Good luck man, that sounds crazy and not something I think I could ever do.

On my end, I'm grinding away at doing Yakuza 0, getting closer to 100% of the checklists done. Which will be followed by a 2nd playthrough on Legend mode.

Thanks man. Good luck with Yakuza and more importantly, have fun! :highfive: 

started harry potter years 1-4 a few days ago. lagging behind on the updates FML.

might as well complete them together, kinda curious if the trophy's are the same as the ps3 version.

the physical games round can wait till i get both games finished.

Edited by kingdrake2

Ps4 - Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, with a hint of Nier Automata here and there
Psvita - Bullet girls 2 ( I'm stuck though as I dont really get the reverse ittorgation thing =? then its just grinding) and day of the tentecale

Ps3 - Minecraft story mode (very slowly)

I've finished Metal Gear Solid 4's Big Boss run. I'm gonna take a break from MGS4 for a while because I'm pretty bored of the game and still have four playthroughs to go. So when I have time in the next few days I'll take it easy with the Walking Dead: Michonne while I recharge. Probably on my days off next week or sooner if I don't feel too tired after work. 

Working on the Misc objectives & Side quests in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Will try to work out the grinds today. Should read 50 skill books, clear 50 dungeons and learn 20 shouts along the way. After the grinds, I will then continue with the Thieves Guild and finish the rest :)

• Like 1

Grinding out Platinum for Beyond: Two Souls on PS4. Might go for it again on PS3 but I think I'll need a break (this game drains me emotionally plus it takes at least 2 full play-throughs in addition to the chapter replays) - instead I might possibly clean up the rest of my Life is Strange trophies? Or just sit back, relax and play a couple'a new games through for the first time :D

22 hours ago, ee28max said:

Working on the Misc objectives & Side quests in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Will try to work out the grinds today. Should read 50 skill books, clear 50 dungeons and learn 20 shouts along the way. After the grinds, I will then continue with the Thieves Guild and finish the rest :)

Same to me. 50 Books and 50 Dungeons. For the Shouts I used the following List. For the Trophy you only need the first Shout of three. You have to collect all 20 main game Shouts, not the from the Upgrades (Dawnguard and so on). List of all Shouts (in German) You don´t need to activate the Shouts with the Dragon Souls.

The Guide of @Lothym was helpful too. Many Thanks for the great Work. :awesome: Skyrim Guide

Edited by Ye Olde Dragon

32 minutes ago, Ye Olde Dragon said:

Same to me. 50 Books and 50 Dungeons. For the Shouts I used the following List. For the Trophy you only need the first Shout of three. You have to collect all 20 main game Shouts, not the from the Upgrades (Dawnguard and so on). List of all Shouts (in German) You don´t need to activate the Shouts with the Dragon Souls.

The Guide of @Lothym was helpful too. Many Thanks for the great Work. :awesome: Skyrim Guide

Thanks for the tips, that should save me more time to grind :). I think we could plat this game together, who knows? :awesome: 

You're in front of me, so perhaps I'll be next to you on the latest achievers :D

Oh and yeah, @Lothym's guide is really helpful, have been using it ever since I started Skyrim :).

Still working on getting to that magic 100th platinum, getting closer, have 96 platinums now.

My next one will probably be Motorstorm Apocalypse, then a Sherlock game and LA Cops, and then up to #100, i hope i can start that game next month.

Besides that still working on knocking out Mp trophies, have moved on to the PS4 now, only a couple of PS3 games that are still open to do for me

8 hours ago, ee28max said:

I think we could plat this game together, who knows? :awesome: 

You're in front of me, so perhaps I'll be next to you on the latest achievers :D

Maybe. But I need the complete Daedric Quests and the 50 Dungeons and Books. At the Moment I'm working on the Golden Touch Trophy. I didn't saved the Money and need a little more than 25.000 for the 100.000 Gold now. -_-

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Dragon said:

Maybe. But I need the complete Daedric Quests and the 50 Dungeons and Books. At the Moment I'm working on the Golden Touch Trophy. I didn't saved the Money and need a little more than 25.000 for the 100.000 Gold now. -_-

Oh. I'll be working on the 50 Skill Books and 50 Dungeons tomorrow. I'm still working on the 10 side quests (man, they're long :rolleyes:). I currently have over 55,000 gold.

• Like 1