leandroxpto

Card collector

15 posts in this topic

Since i have the game the year edition do i have to collect dlc cards for the trohpy ? because the gwent book says i have them all but no trophy....

No you don't need those dlc cards , for the trophy only main story counts!
Are you sure you have all the cards? Check it out ...

4 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

No you don't need those dlc cards , for the trophy only main story counts!
Are you sure you have all the cards? Check it out ...

I was mislead by somethings i read in another forum so there's random unique cards that have no specific location....my bad ...btw anyway to get those faster?

3 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

I was mislead by somethings i read in another forum so there's random unique cards that have no specific location....my bad ...btw anyway to get those faster?

You only have to pay attention to the cards that are missable like in the triss sidequest "matter of life and death" there is no fast or slow form you are progressing in story and paying attention to the places where gwent players exist

Just now, Rose Amicitia said:

You only have to pay attention to the cards that are missable like in the triss sidequest "matter of life and death" there is no fast or slow form you are progressing in story and paying attention to the places where gwent players exist

the thing is i have all location related card and missable cards i dont know what i missing. what i think im missing is random unique cards that drop by playing with Innkeeper that it?

7 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Thanks gonna follow this!  if you need help with any trophies for  a game that i might own now or in the future let me know !

Sure i will, good luck on that trophy :)

I had a blast playing Gwent.  The cards available in the DLC are neat, too.  Plus, on each play through of mine, one of the last opponents in the main Gwent tournament had two heads both times I played him, thanks to a humorous glitch.  Wish I had captured the screen at the time.

I love both The Witcher 3 and Gwent, but this bronze collectible trophy is absolute insanity.  It is so tedious and stressful that is nearly ruins both Gwent and the overall Platinum hunt.  You need a checklist and multiple guides to meticulously track the gigantic list of missable cards.  Not just for the story/side quest cards, but for the 50+ cards that randomly drop from merchants you can play.  Oh by the way, every merchant drops only ONE card when you beat them.  And oh by the way, there is RNG involved and you can get duplicates, despite the fact that they can only drop one precious card.  You need to know this from the start and make a manual save before playing each merchant or you will be screwed when too many of them keep dropping you the useless weather cards.  They just LOVE to drop a weather card the first time you beat them!  

This God forsaken nightmare trophy just gets worse and worse..... 

So I was jumping all over the Skellige Isles finding any new merchants to play and pick up all the remaining random drop cards.  I had been meticulously tracking this with the checklist, and knew that I had exactly ONE random drop card left.  You guessed it, it's the dreaded WYVERN CARD!  So I beat a couple new merchants I have not yet played in Skellige, and suddenly they are not dropping any cards, only materials.  UH OH, IT'S FUBAR TIME!!

So I read some posts elsewhere concerning this Wyvern card, which should instead be called "The Witcher 3 Platinum Trophy" card.  This is the last random card that numerous people complain will never drop.  It seems that when you start playing any new merchant for the first time, the game locks in whatever random card is going to drop from them, and you can thereafter only get it from them and no other merchant anywhere in the game.  I am 90% sure that I started playing the lone merchant in Downwarren early on, but my deck wasn't yet strong enough to beat his Monster deck (yup, the one with the Wyvern card!).  No problem, let's just head back to Downwarren later to beat this merchant with my now OP decks.  SORRY MONKEY!!  This merchant has now disappeared, and is possibly one of the bodies hanging from a noose around the village.  I am fairly certain now that I'm locked forever from getting the Wyvern card, which of course means no collectible trophy for all cards, and no Platinum!

In summary, this bronze collectible trophy requires the 50+ RNG cards, which I now know also lock in to specific vendors the first time you play them.  So in addition to making manual saves before playing any new merchant, you better make DAME SURE you don't lose to any and then move on without making careful note of who and where they are.  At best, you will be spending hours/days making another world tour trying to find the one merchant you couldn't beat earlier in the game.  Nightmare scenario, you played and lost to the merchant in Downwarren, then moved on only to realize later that this NPC disappears later in the game, REGARDLESS of what decision you make with the tree spirit.  I killed the tree spirit, and the merchant still vanished later.  

Does anyone know where I can find Regis Card .. I've been looking everywhere for it

So just got my card collector and gwent master trophies last night. I think for me the biggest thing was to not worry about duplicates and just follow the card collector guide to the T following the roadmaps. I came to a point in the game where was nearly done and my system shut off so I unfortunately had to pick back up starting from the dangerous game quest with zolton. 

I of course was worried about those pesky RNG cards that drop randomly because I went back and checked for dupes and I had a good number of them. HOWEVER by the time I reached my 3rd to last island in skellige after going for it again, all random cards stopped dropping. I went ahead and did a follow up check off and realized I had everything before finishing the roadmap except for the high stakes quests cards. 

So bottom line dont worry about dupes if you're following the guide to the T you'll be fine. Well should be 🤗