Card collector

4 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

No you don't need those dlc cards , for the trophy only main story counts!
Are you sure you have all the cards? Check it out ...

I was mislead by somethings i read in another forum so there's random unique cards that have no specific location....my bad ...btw anyway to get those faster?

3 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

I was mislead by somethings i read in another forum so there's random unique cards that have no specific location....my bad ...btw anyway to get those faster?

You only have to pay attention to the cards that are missable like in the triss sidequest "matter of life and death" there is no fast or slow form you are progressing in story and paying attention to the places where gwent players exist

Just now, Rose Amicitia said:

You only have to pay attention to the cards that are missable like in the triss sidequest "matter of life and death" there is no fast or slow form you are progressing in story and paying attention to the places where gwent players exist

the thing is i have all location related card and missable cards i dont know what i missing. what i think im missing is random unique cards that drop by playing with Innkeeper that it?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I love both The Witcher 3 and Gwent, but this bronze collectible trophy is absolute insanity.  It is so tedious and stressful that is nearly ruins both Gwent and the overall Platinum hunt.  You need a checklist and multiple guides to meticulously track the gigantic list of missable cards.  Not just for the story/side quest cards, but for the 50+ cards that randomly drop from merchants you can play.  Oh by the way, every merchant drops only ONE card when you beat them.  And oh by the way, there is RNG involved and you can get duplicates, despite the fact that they can only drop one precious card.  You need to know this from the start and make a manual save before playing each merchant or you will be screwed when too many of them keep dropping you the useless weather cards.  They just LOVE to drop a weather card the first time you beat them!  

This God forsaken nightmare trophy just gets worse and worse..... 

So I was jumping all over the Skellige Isles finding any new merchants to play and pick up all the remaining random drop cards.  I had been meticulously tracking this with the checklist, and knew that I had exactly ONE random drop card left.  You guessed it, it's the dreaded WYVERN CARD!  So I beat a couple new merchants I have not yet played in Skellige, and suddenly they are not dropping any cards, only materials.  UH OH, IT'S FUBAR TIME!!

So I read some posts elsewhere concerning this Wyvern card, which should instead be called "The Witcher 3 Platinum Trophy" card.  This is the last random card that numerous people complain will never drop.  It seems that when you start playing any new merchant for the first time, the game locks in whatever random card is going to drop from them, and you can thereafter only get it from them and no other merchant anywhere in the game.  I am 90% sure that I started playing the lone merchant in Downwarren early on, but my deck wasn't yet strong enough to beat his Monster deck (yup, the one with the Wyvern card!).  No problem, let's just head back to Downwarren later to beat this merchant with my now OP decks.  SORRY MONKEY!!  This merchant has now disappeared, and is possibly one of the bodies hanging from a noose around the village.  I am fairly certain now that I'm locked forever from getting the Wyvern card, which of course means no collectible trophy for all cards, and no Platinum!

In summary, this bronze collectible trophy requires the 50+ RNG cards, which I now know also lock in to specific vendors the first time you play them.  So in addition to making manual saves before playing any new merchant, you better make DAME SURE you don't lose to any and then move on without making careful note of who and where they are.  At best, you will be spending hours/days making another world tour trying to find the one merchant you couldn't beat earlier in the game.  Nightmare scenario, you played and lost to the merchant in Downwarren, then moved on only to realize later that this NPC disappears later in the game, REGARDLESS of what decision you make with the tree spirit.  I killed the tree spirit, and the merchant still vanished later.  

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So just got my card collector and gwent master trophies last night. I think for me the biggest thing was to not worry about duplicates and just follow the card collector guide to the T following the roadmaps. I came to a point in the game where was nearly done and my system shut off so I unfortunately had to pick back up starting from the dangerous game quest with zolton. 

I of course was worried about those pesky RNG cards that drop randomly because I went back and checked for dupes and I had a good number of them. HOWEVER by the time I reached my 3rd to last island in skellige after going for it again, all random cards stopped dropping. I went ahead and did a follow up check off and realized I had everything before finishing the roadmap except for the high stakes quests cards. 

So bottom line dont worry about dupes if you're following the guide to the T you'll be fine. Well should be ?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does someone know if there is the slightest chance of getting the Dandelion card somewhat randomly later if you missed "A Matter of Life and Death" from the Masquerade quest? I'm almost, almost done with having collected ALL the cards but i missed this quest. However, i was able to get Vampire Bruxa and Milva in a DLC later (they were added, luckily) which means at least 1 or 2 cards from this missed quest are obtainable later, but i cannot get Dandelion for the life of me and its making me go insane

2 minutes ago, majo334 said:

Does someone know if there is the slightest chance of getting the Dandelion card somewhat randomly later if you missed "A Matter of Life and Death" from the Masquerade quest? I'm almost, almost done with having collected ALL the cards but i missed this quest. However, i was able to get Vampire Bruxa and Milva in a DLC later (they were added, luckily) which means at least 1 or 2 cards from this missed quest are obtainable later, but i cannot get Dandelion for the life of me and its making me go insane

As far as I know, that's the only location you can get that card, so you'll have to start from scratch at this point.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2023 at 2:56 PM, majo334 said:

On 06/01/2023 at 2:59 PM, Creasy007 said:

As far as I know, that's the only location you can get that card, so you'll have to start from scratch at this point.

I was running through the cards from the DLC alone the other day, and they can all be obtained except for the Dandelion and maybe another Life and Death Card, forget the other names, though I know at least 1 of the Vampires can be obtained in the DLC quests.

Its crazy to think that every card can be obtained in the DLC except for 1 or 2, so I would imagine there must be a way to get those if you start the DLC alone, no idea how though.

Probably carefully hidden somewhere and why its never been found, could have also been a alternate way added due to the Next Gen Update, one of the other 'many new additions' they allude to but are going to pet us discover

@majo334

Do you recall where you got Milva by any chance?

Edited by Optinooby

Thank you for replying @Optinooby. I don't recall where i got Milva, i'm sorry. It must have been in some DLC aswell since i missed this card at the Life and Death quest.

Crazy indeed. I wrote the devs but i don't get my hopes up they will answer me anything, or even do something about it.

The closest logical theories i probably had with the Dandelion card was searching the Vegelbud mansion inside and out, it would make sense they put the card somewhere on a table, but no, nothing. There's still some life going on around the house but nothing but book shelves and a dead woman on a bed.

The other idea was Dandelion himself could become a gwent player later where you can achieve "his" card. None of that is possible, currently, but it would make sense to me if they do this in the future. If they decided to patch missable cards as they did, they should stick to the concept and do it fully :(

Edited by majo334

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2023 at 3:38 PM, majo334 said:

Thank you for replying @Optinooby. I don't recall where i got Milva, i'm sorry. It must have been in some DLC aswell since i missed this card at the Life and Death quest.

Crazy indeed. I wrote the devs but i don't get my hopes up they will answer me anything, or even do something about it.

The closest logical theories i probably had with the Dandelion card was searching the Vegelbud mansion inside and out, it would make sense they put the card somewhere on a table, but no, nothing. There's still some life going on around the house but nothing but book shelves and a dead woman on a bed.

The other idea was Dandelion himself could become a gwent player later where you can achieve "his" card. None of that is possible, currently, but it would make sense to me if they do this in the future. If they decided to patch missable cards as they did, they should stick to the concept and do it fully :(

I have some info about this.

If you play the Main Story, you need to do 24 Witcher Contracts which includes the Swamp Thing contract! This is for the Geralt - The Professional trophy

But if you play the B&W Story only, then you can still get the Geralt - The Professional trophy, byt without doing Swamp Thing, so only 23 Witcher Contracts need doing this way.

You cant do Swamp Thing via DLC only btw because you need a key item which comes from a Main Story quest, but because you skipped the Main Story and went straight to the DLC, you dont have the item to complete Swamp Thing.

Now bearing that all in mind, this may be an exception, but they must have intentionally made it so Swamp Thing isnt needed if playing DLC only, because its not accessible. Or it somehow just isnt factored in because the contract isnt even available.

So I was thinking it maybe the same with the 'Matter of Life and Death' cards. Because that quest isnt available in the DLC only mode, maybe they are not actually required if you go that route!!! I mean this would be almost the same as the Witcher Contract trophy, it works that way there, so possibly here!

There is only 1 way to find out though so I wanted to ask if you got every Card in the DLC only except Dandelion card, and then did the trophy pop??

If nobody knows, I will test this myself eventually, but if I can be saved the trouble, thats great ;)

• Like 1

On 20.1.2023 at 5:33 PM, Optinooby said:

So I was thinking it maybe the same with the 'Matter of Life and Death' cards. Because that quest isnt available in the DLC only mode, maybe they are not actually required if you go that route!!! I mean this would be almost the same as the Witcher Contract trophy, it works that way there, so possibly here

Wow, this is a very interesting theory/idea, it would be insanely helpful if it works. Although i still try to understand it fully, English is not my first language so i probably have some trouble in the details - don't worry, your explanation is fine, and i think i'm getting an idea of what you're onto about the Main route and DLC route. 

So basically what our task would be is to start Blood & Wine DLC as a standalone and see if the Dandelion card actually spawns magically in our collection? 

Your question:

There is only 1 way to find out though so I wanted to ask if you got every Card in the DLC only except Dandelion card, and then did the trophy pop??

By that, you mean achieving the "I HAVE A GWENT PROBLEM" DLC exclusive trophy? If, yes i did get this trophy without having Dandelion, but this trophy only requires all of the Skellige deck and has nothing to do with the main cards trophy. But maybe you meant something else?

Man, i hope we can follow your theory, let me know if i replied correctly, its really interesting to stick to that because it seems to me the entire gaming community gave up on that card problem. 

There should be a big patch by CD Projekt in the near future as i've read for the Next Gen version, and i truly hope they won't forget us on PS4. If they decide to patch the Card Collector trophy to our benefit i hope they do it on all platforms. 

23 minutes ago, majo334 said:

Wow, this is a very interesting theory/idea, it would be insanely helpful if it works. Although i still try to understand it fully, English is not my first language so i probably have some trouble in the details - don't worry, your explanation is fine, and i think i'm getting an idea of what you're onto about the Main route and DLC route. 

So basically what our task would be is to start Blood & Wine DLC as a standalone and see if the Dandelion card actually spawns magically in our collection? 

Your question:

By that, you mean achieving the "I HAVE A GWENT PROBLEM" DLC exclusive trophy? If, yes i did get this trophy without having Dandelion, but this trophy only requires all of the Skellige deck and has nothing to do with the main cards trophy. But maybe you meant something else?

Man, i hope we can follow your theory, let me know if i replied correctly, its really interesting to stick to that because it seems to me the entire gaming community gave up on that card problem. 

There should be a big patch by CD Projekt in the near future as i've read for the Next Gen version, and i truly hope they won't forget us on PS4. If they decide to patch the Card Collector trophy to our benefit i hope they do it on all platforms. 

Dandelion ISNT in our collection when starting the DLCs by themselves, its the only card we currently dont know how to get in the DLC only or if its even present.

Theory revolves around the fact that the Swamp Thing contract is needed for the all contracts trophy if playing the main story, but NOT if playing the DLC from the menu.

So it MAY be possible that the Dandelion card isnt required if playing the DLC only because it isnt available in the DLC only. Just like the Swamp Thing contract..

But yea, was just wondering for the Card Collector trophy whether you were playing the main game or not.

Guess I will need to try it some point, basically getting all but the Dandelion cars in the DLC, and seeing if that pops Card Collector, im doubtful though

• Like 1