xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx

Suggestion - White List for Trophies / Games?

White Listing...   143 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a white list for games like the ones described in the OP?

• To White List...
    • NOT to White List...
    • Undecided/Divided Opinion...
    • Couldn't Care Less...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

231 posts in this topic

@ars As I've said before, I'd rather deal with the fools who say their dog played on another PS3.

Just now, grimydawg said:

@ars As I've said before, I'd rather deal with the fools who say their dog played on another PS3.

Hear you :) We're just begging for Sly's attention at this stage and you have the heavenly phone line!

3 hours ago, ars said:

Hear you on that point :) Though I don't see what you suggest feasible. Like I suggested before you simply "can't" track ten thousand pieces of software, and every update they ever had, to establish any sensible time scales to pop any specific trophy. Not with the handful of people working on the site. Especially when the patches before haven't been tracked.

Basically the idea here is to not punish people who did not hack. So having the games highlighted, going on a trophy-by-trophy basis... As Grim has said before and I'm sure even @MMDE would agree, PSNP doesn't need something like BLOPS2 specifically to flag a hacker. The people who do that do it multiple times, just as Darkb1ke did. So I think all the finesse gains nothing, just make things more difficult to code and test, and less likely to implement.

The main cause I've had here is to prevent flag griefing people who did not hack. So games where proving this is impossible should be whitelisted. That'll make "us" shut up, when there is an even treatment across the board. MMDE and the ilk wouldn't shut up until the whitelisted games stop counting on the leaderboards, so make it so on these games. That'll be agreeable to everyone? If it's "flaggable" but mod menu griefing is possible, whitelist, make it disappear from PSNP public, move on.

I'm against isolating any specific PNG images because PSNP tracks a few million of them and putting any special glitter on any single database entry just because is, well, stupid :)

Hmmm, I'm pretty f**ked up right now (like why am I replying to this? level) but I don't understand what you mean...if we just whitelist all, example, big leagues cases we will flag a bunch of legit cases too, the ones this thread was created for, so cutoff date is kind of relevant to me...not whitelisting leads to the current situation which is equally silly imo...as far as coding, I have no idea and 0 feedback has been given...I thought having inflated cutoffs, by a few days/weeks, would allow the last questionable cases, the ones closest to the cutoffs, to be either ignored as being possibly legit or flagged and determine if they should be lifted or not based on their disputes...i.e. hacker excuse = whitelisted...cousin's girlfriend's dog's nephew = fail, flag stays...sorry, the rest is confusing...perhaps I'll understand when I wake up sober...or maybe your suggesting another system for whitelisting and I just don't get it right now?...

Edit: does the last paragraph refer to having them labelled as whitelisted on people's list?...if so, this idea was to balance the thoughts of having a similar consequence to "hidden" trophies, allow legit times to be displayed, and increase awareness towards this situation, while still allowing other trophies outside of the criteria for whitelisting to be flagged if implausible...unfortunately, I don't have a better suggestion to balance all of these things...open to ideas...the goal is to try to help legit gamers here by giving them benefit of the doubt while also removing implausible time stamps from the leaderboards and discouraging people from flat out hacking these trophies...apologies if I've missed the point...yet again...

Edited by xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx

No I'm not suggesting yet another system, there's only the one you are suggesting and you've poured your heart into it so that's what we're rolling with :P Yeah you get a cutoff date, that's pretty imperative. Then you just add the game to a whitelist database, and if that's what it takes to make the opponents shut up start your leaderboard editing scripts yada yada. Frankly I don't care about any of it beyond the whitelist. People who deliberately keep popping trophies get flagged on another game and for the rest it's just one or two trophies, it's so marginal no one should care.

I don't understand why any awareness should be raised on the matter. How many times have people spammed ZOMG DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT on PSNP? About a bazillion times? Did it help? So there. People who study their trophies will eventually learn about mod menus, and people who do not will only learn about the flag they just got slapped with. All of this "awareness" talk is useless when the site purposely tracks accounts the majority of whose owners don't even have a clue what PSNP is. In addition I am not prepared to tell anyone (and don't want to keep getting told) that I essentially shouldn't play a game I bought with my own money. That's just silly.

For that reason alone whitelists do not really encourage hackers, they just prevent punishing people for playing games they own. I've been a member of this site for years and I know a couple games are whitelisted because hey, I happen to own them and I know they autopop. I have no idea which all games are whitelisted. I think that applies to the majority of the people. But if you start adding rainbow colors on people's trophy sets they'll for sure start knowing. Is it gonna help them? Well no it isn't, because the trophies are already there. There are no retroactive fixes, but you can of course nag the victims of this with massive amounts of hindsight until infinity. If you just whitelist stuff and move along without further ado, no one's gonna remember about it next week. In social media, our attention span is seriously no longer than a goldfish. Compare that to current situation where you flag a guy as a hacker who didn't hack, he's gonna remember that and the site that did it to him for life.

I'm just asking you to take into account, we're basically requesting a favor from Sly for a good cause. But when you keep adding things on top, more and more workload means it's gonna be less and less likely to happen. Consider the main request here: "whitelist a bunch of games!" All right, that's a piece of cake if no one gets a hissy fit about it. "Ok ok, whitelist a bunch of games AND program a module that autoflags them!" Oh snap. "Ok ok, whitelist a bunch of games AND program a module that autoflags them AND program automation to censor the leaderboards AND put rainbow colors on people's trophy sets!"

See where I'm getting at?

Just saying the focal point here is "whitelist a bunch of games", reason for which is "reality just borked your flagging mechanism". The majority of people support this. Now you can ask the opponents what is the one single thing that'd make them support the suggestion. Guessing their main request would be "well the game shouldn't be on the leaderboards then if it has a flaggable trophy". I disagree with that, it seems legit enough to at least count for your totals. But what do I care. If that makes them shut up then so be it. So basically you got these two single things which would pretty much be supported across the board. That's a suggestion that is not a massive workload, doesn't make any drastic changes on the site and would, IMO, be possible to actually happen. But it's all you with the suggestion and I'm not going to tell you how to do it, you decide. Just I feel the more complex you make it the less likely it'll happen :) 

I have read a few comments about people saying how you cannot be able to tell if someone hacked or got their friend to hack their trophies and I haven't read all the way though to see if someone has brought this up and I apologise if someone has mentioned but what if every profile can get like a 3 strike policy with whitelisting, as in you get 3 games with trophies white listed and then your account gets a closer look at due to how rare it can be to get trophies hacked. As it has been mention, the amount of legitimate players outweighs the hackers so each profile gets 3 games whitelisted and then after that any other games that get flagged have to go to disputes as it highly unlikely to get so many trophies hacked. I also believe that if someone gets more than 5-6 trophies whitelisted in any game they should have to also some what prove that it was a mistake. Sorry if this doesn't fully make sense, I was just typing what was on the top of my head.

8 minutes ago, xABathingApe said:

you get 3 games with trophies white listed and then your account gets a closer look at due to how rare it can be to get trophies hacked.

Your account can get a closer look anytime by whoever wants to take a closer look, there are no restrictions on it unless you pull out from PSNP or make your PSN list private.

I own thousands of games including all (or all but one, too lazy to check) listed here. Doesn't make sense to limit the amount of whitelisted titles to three or any other number on any account, because there are more than three even without the titles we speak about on this thread, plus the number at any given time in the future is unknown.

As I just said once again in my previous post, I should be able to play the games I bought with my own money without some random site and it's users on the internet telling me not to play them, or trying to punish me if I play them anyway. Imposing some sort of a ruleset on what completely unknown people should or should not play, while they've possibly never even visited PSNP, I just don't understand what could possibly justify such a scheme.