ProfBambam55

Suggestion - White List for Trophies / Games?

White Listing...   408 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we have a white list for games like the ones described in the OP?

    • To White List...
    • NOT to White List...
    • Undecided/Divided Opinion...
    • Couldn't Care Less...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

511 posts in this topic

look I'm doing new account because I want in leaderboard 

 

I buy premium in psnprofile lifetime 

and i get flagged by stupid games hack lobby this should be some games to be whitelisted 

 

 

I have ideas for premium account can choose this future whitelist, this my best website for trophy hunter 

 

 

I hope see this future as soon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 5:44 AM, austria_q1 said:

look I'm doing new account because I want in leaderboard 

 

I buy premium in psnprofile lifetime 

and i get flagged by stupid games hack lobby this should be some games to be whitelisted 

 

 

I have ideas for premium account can choose this future whitelist, this my best website for trophy hunter 

 

 

I hope see this future as soon

 

You can just hide the game. You can hide up to 2 flagged games.

 

If you ask Sly in chat, he might be able to transfer your premium membership.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2018 at 9:32 AM, ars said:

Personally I couldn't care less about obsessing over getting a stupid leaderboard appear the equivalent of Mother Theresa (news: it never will). I'm just happy with how it is right now. I only care about the punishment scheme.

 

This is Projection 101.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 6:44 AM, austria_q1 said:

look I'm doing new account because I want in leaderboard 

 

I buy premium in psnprofile lifetime 

and i get flagged by stupid games hack lobby this should be some games to be whitelisted 

 

 

I have ideas for premium account can choose this future whitelist, this my best website for trophy hunter 

 

 

I hope see this future as soon

Maybe not

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a better idea. Now I'm not sure if this has been suggested here before but what if we did this. 

 

What if instead of white listing games we were given the ability to hide our trophies. 

 

Hiding trophies would only be done on psnprofiles and would not be done on the console. 

 

So here's how it would work. Let's say you have illegitimately gained trophies and you don't want those trophies appearing on your profile. You would go to your trophy log or profile, select the trophy you want to hide and it would be hidden from the rest of the community. 

 

The system would treat it as if you never earned that trophy in the first place and your trophy level, stats and position on the leaderboards would be adjusted accordingly.

 

A hidden trophy would either appear hidden or locked to another user viewing your profile. 

 

If a trophy is hidden that is required for another trophy then that trophy is also hidden. 

 

So lets say you have 3 trophies. One requires you to get 25 of X another 50 of X and another 100 of X. If you hide the one for 25, the one for 50 and 100 would also be hidden. The same would be true if the 25, 50 and 100 were rank level trophies for multiplayer games. However if you only hide the 50 one then 100 is also hidden but not 25. 

 

If a trophy required for platinum is hidden then the platinum is also hidden making it looks as if you never earned platinum for that game. 

 

 

Edited by Deathon6
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deathon6 said:

I have a better idea. Now I'm not sure if this has been suggested here before but what if we did this. 

 

What if instead of white listing games we were given the ability to hide our trophies. 

 

Hiding trophies would only be done on psnprofiles and would not be done on the console. 

 

So here's how it would work. Let's say you have illegitimately gained trophies and you don't want those trophies appearing on your profile. You would go to your trophy log or profile, select the trophy you want to hide and it would be hidden from the rest of the community. 

 

The system would treat it as if you never earned that trophy in the first place and your trophy level, stats and position on the leaderboards would be adjusted accordingly.

 

A hidden trophy would either appear hidden or locked to another user viewing your profile. 

 

If a trophy is hidden that is required for another trophy then that trophy is also hidden. 

 

So lets say you have 3 trophies. One requires you to get 25 of X another 50 of X and another 100 of X. If you hide the one for 25, the one for 50 and 100 would also be hidden. The same would be true if the 25, 50 and 100 were rank level trophies for multiplayer games. However if you only hide the 50 one then 100 is also hidden but not 25. 

 

If a trophy required for platinum is hidden then the platinum is also hidden making it looks as if you never earned platinum for that game. 

 

 

 

This thread is about some few specific games where if you play public lobbies there's a small chance someone will join who runs mods and starts popping everyone's trophies. This doesn't work in most games, and in those games where it works it doesn't even always apply to all trophies.

 

The dilemma is that these trophies were not legitimately earned, and we don't want to support this as a way to earn trophies. In games where it's simply impossible to avoid, and you can't even reset this in any way when it happens, we've decided to look the other way currently, unless we know they intentionally cheated. This really only apply to one game currently, and it only applies to some few trophies.

 

The main idea here is that sometimes it would be better to apply a "white" flag instead of a hard one. Such a flag shouldn't count as a strike against your profile, you don't need to hide the game to stay on the site, but the game won't count in on your profile stats, and you won't appear on the game's leaderboards or affect trophy rarity. These cases will simply be ignored by the system.

 

If you want to hide trophies, you can do that through psn.

 

 

In your case it would mean you don't have to do anything to get back on the leaderboards. Behind the scenes a cheater removal team member would simply change your hard flag to a light one. The game would no longer count on your stats though etc. There might be some kind of signalling to the owner why their stats don't match their psn stats, or else people would wonder.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some games has to be whitelisted for example like Black ops /modern warfare/ gta V/World at War online trophies

It's stupid that u've been flagged for somebode else faulth .in case that u just went to online to get some trophies.

Why some guys that have about 300-500 platinums must be removed from leaderbord for some stupid reasons?

Maybe we should never play and get platinum in such games as i already write in start of message?

And the guys that get about 30 /40 funny platinums in 5 min plat games blaming others and make a laugh at them for flag in that games! Who the F... you are to blame ?😁 Just know that u are unskilled trash when u've got 30 plat, and 30 of them is ez platinums ) Just to make sure

Thank you for attention

Edited by Sublimiated
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually...NONE of the games HAVE to be whitelisted. Most of these tainted games are on previous generation games, where online issues have been known for YEARS...so if it hasn't been done by now, a decade since some of these bad games were released, it in all reality won't happen any time in the future.

 

If you are such a dedicated trophy hunter, you know NOT to join random groups online, especially for games with massive online hacking problems. Most of the people whining about this whitelist purposely went looking for what they exactly got, then are now complaining about how unfair life is. You can profess your ignorance, but for the majority, they are simply upset that they got caught...mostly because some of these online trophies have such a high rarity that the "victims" have included these tainted treasures in their personal cabinets. 

 

for 90%, you got EXACTLY what you were looking for...for the other 10%...nobody ever said life is fair....

 

Image result for life is pain meme"

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true, no game NEEDS to be whitelisted (but PSNP has done so). Neither trophy stats or especially DLC rarities NEED to be manipulated with fictional numbers (but PSNP has done so). The

main argument in favor of the whitelist proposal is that there's enough of extremely popular games even on current platforms to shut down accounts from the leaderboard tracker without them even knowing it. And no, they do not NEED to know this in advance, either. This could/should rhetoric is just semantics.

 

While static whitelists as a proposal is a dead horse by know and you both should stop beating it, there are benefits in some sort of protective measures on strikes towards people who simply join online games to play. For one, it will end the pleads from gamers who rightfully feel treated unfairly if the leaderboard banana hits, and hopefully it will also end the condescending, toxic posts from individuals whose sole purpose was to come gloat over those less fortunate. Toxicity is a nasty phenomenon that has given the PSNP community quite a bad reputation among older gamers familiar with the site, and @PSXtreme_ is showcasing quite elaborately why that is.

 

Why don't we necro a thread only when there's a breakthrough, then.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are more flag disputes for these "whitelist" games than there are actual cheaters. How is that not a problem with the flagging rules. Not syncing your trophies is not common knowledge and you shouldn't limit the ways you play online just because you might get flagged. Yet some people are too attached to the rules and that wouldn't be too bad if the same rules applied to all games like red dead but it doesn't.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

There are more flag disputes for these "whitelist" games than there are actual cheaters. How is that not a problem with the flagging rules. Not syncing your trophies is not common knowledge and you shouldn't limit the ways you play online just because you might get flagged. Yet some people are too attached to the rules and that wouldn't be too bad if the same rules applied to all games like red dead but it doesn't.

 

 

 

Mate don't even bother. People on this site are actually insane when it comes to any discussion around this and their sacred leaderboards; anything to do with common sense is thrown out the window.

 

Take for instance the dispute you just posted in, the repliers can't even comprehend that he's stating the report reason and instead splurt out things like 'You admitted you cheated.'

 

Save your time and move away from this cancerous site.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

There are more flag disputes for these "whitelist" games than there are actual cheaters.

 

How do you know?

Do you believe that people who sought out hackers on purpose or even ran the mods themselves will not dispute their flag with cries of innocence?

 

4 hours ago, euantp_ said:

 

Take for instance the dispute you just posted in, the repliers can't even comprehend that he's stating the report reason and instead splurt out things like 'You admitted you cheated.'

 

Save your time and move away from this cancerous site.

Not sure you’re using “comprehend” correctly here. 🤔

Yes, the disputer is stating the report reason and then admits: “One guy on discord wrote that he is able to set bounty on me and I agreed.” THAT’s what made people “splurt out things”.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

 

How do you know?

Do you believe that people who sought out hackers on purpose or even ran the mods themselves will not dispute their flag with cries of innocence?

Unless there is evidence theres no way to tell, we will get nowhere though if we assume everyone is guilty.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get nowhere? Assume guilt?

 

We already are somewhere. Trophies that weren’t earned legit get flagged & removed from the leaderboards. Nobody is talking guilt simply clean leaderboards.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this guy got unflagged for Big Leagues for the 3rd time, so surely a white list is coming soon, right? :clown: 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He got originally unflagged, because back then there was no idea (or general warning even among PSNP) that there's a mod menu that can affect players casually joining mp. PSNP admins collectively showed leniency due to "no hacked games on trophy list", enabling the not-enough-flags rule, etc. I'm guessing you didn't dig out his original disputes or the discussions related.

 

He now keeps getting flagged - and unflagged - because different parties keep wanting to make an example out of him. These parties now include you, congrats!

 

His case wont help us any, you may review the earlier pages of posts where the logic is simple: stop flagging games where a user can't affect the outcome, or flag anyone who ever played RDR.

 

PSNP refuses to have "legitimate" leaderboards, and in turn refuses to have "legitimate" whitelists. One account doesn't change a thing on that.

Edited by ars
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

his prior 2 disputes have been deleted (censored?), but here's the TL;DR of the 1st dispute for anyone interested

 

looksfine.png

 

 

>"looks fine, i believe you"

>unflags

 

agreed ars, seems solid to me 🤡

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole situation with games where other people can pop your trophies are ridiculous.

 

Someone popped your trophies and you didnt know the exact way to delete them (and any other hard earned trophies you haven't synced yet.. ) ? Well done! We are going to punish you even though your the victim here.

 

Seriously this should a case where if theres no evidence to the contrary,  we should assume innocence. In my opinion at least.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KSA_KILLER_444 said:

What is the whitelist about i didnt understand can someone explain

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think there should be like a cut off time for certain well know exploitable games like fuel or mw like upto 2015 or something. I'm still peeved I have to hide fuel because the save was exploitable and back then it was mentioned/explained  in the trophy guides. Same with the mw2 specs stuff. Just sucks to be punished for stuff almost 10 years ago when nobody knew any better. 

 

Obviously you can't do those kind of exploits nowadays though. 

Edited by x7eight
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, x7eight said:

I think there should be like a cut off time for certain well know exploitable games like fuel or mw like upto 2015 or something. I'm still peeved I have to hide fuel because the save was exploitable and back then it was mentioned/explained  in the trophy guides. Same with the mw2 specs stuff. Just sucks to be punished for stuff almost 10 years ago when nobody knew any better. 

 

Obviously you can't do those kind of exploits nowadays though. 

I didn't think they were ever mentioned in trophy guides, isn't that one of the defenses of red dead since it was mentioned in guides.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

I didn't think they were ever mentioned in trophy guides, isn't that one of the defenses of red dead since it was mentioned in guides.

Well I don't have a way to prove it but, that was the widely recommended way to get the trophies in fuel amongst everyone back then lol.

 

Nobody that glitched fuel did so with any intentions of cheating the system or would have done so if they knew it would be considered cheating in 5 years time lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, x7eight said:

I think there should be like a cut off time for certain well know exploitable games like fuel or mw like upto 2015 or something. I'm still peeved I have to hide fuel because the save was exploitable and back then it was mentioned/explained  in the trophy guides. Same with the mw2 specs stuff.

i think you might have your facts a little confused...i seem to remember quite clearly threats of ban hammers falling, posts being quickly edited, and threads being shut down that involved cheating using these types of save files...was save file usage more widely accepted back then?...in some communities it may have been but again, trophy data tracking sites have always been against it as far as I can recall...i think what we didn't know is which sites would remain or appear over time and that cheating would have later repercussions...the 3-strike rule is for these types of games as far as I know...this whitelist idea is not...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i think you might have your facts a little confused...i seem to remember quite clearly threats of ban hammers falling, posts being quickly edited, and threads being shut down that involved cheating using these types of save files...was save file usage more widely accepted back then?...in some communities it may have been but again, trophy data tracking sites have always been against it as far as I can recall...i think what we didn't know is which sites would remain or appear over time and that cheating would have later repercussions...the 3-strike rule is for these types of games as far as I know...this whitelist idea is not...

When most of us did fuel, trophy tracking sites weren't even a thing yet. But yeah it was the games fault for being exploitable. Was only a handful that could be afaik. But eh what can we do.

 

I didn't know the 3 strike rule was specifically for these glitch games, assumed it was leniency on actual Chesters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.