Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Ultra-Thread

MidnightCJ

Anyone hyped for the new sequels to Pokemon Sun and Moon that got announced on the June Pokemon Direct, or about the ports of Pokemon Gold and Silver to the 3DS VC? Put all your speculations, wild rumors, and BS along with your fandrooling here! ;)

Me, I really am glad they decided not to put them on the Switch. I don't think I will own a switch unless my parents gift me one in December on my birthday or the holidays, so it's nice not to get rid of my 3DSes just yet. ^_^ Also, we will soon get the ability to port Pokemon from the 2nd generation directly by the Bank. (I am glad you don't have to pay a monthly Bank fee or I'd run out immediately.) Now there is no excuse to bitch(pardonnez-moi mon Francais) about not having your favorite Pokemon from the first two generations on the new games. :D

If Ultra Sun/Moon gives you the ability to skip cutscenes, I'll buy them. Sun and Moon were ruined for me by the sheer number of cutscenes that you couldn't even skip over. I don't exactly play Pokemon for the story, and it's really annoying to be taken out of the action every ten steps.

Gen II on VC is awesome, though. It's far and away my favorite gen.

• Like 2

I'm not too excited, unfortunately.  Big Pokemon fan, but Sun and Moon just didn't do it for me.  Had GameFreak left in the friend safari, horde encounters, and super training, I'd have had much more fun.  I'd rather have new Pokemon than Alolan versions, too.  And mega-evolutions are way cooler than Z moves.  Oh well.

Ultra Sun & Moon feel a bit like Black and White 2, which weren't different enough for me to be engaged all over again.

7 minutes ago, Parker said:

I'll be getting Gold and Silver but I really couldn't care less about Ultra Sun or Moon. If it released on the Switch I'd buy it for sure, oh well. 

Parker

Kudos on saying 'couldn't care less', instead of 'could care less'. :) 

• Like 1

I would have preferred that it be released on Nintendo Switch to at least justify why they are making a sequel set of Sun and Moon. Also I was pumped with seeing a Pokemon game run on Nintendo Switch and imagining the possibilities they can make on the console.

By the way @Parker I thought news about Handheld Consoles were supposed to be on the Console Category rather than the Mobile Category.

Edited by TheVader66

Not too hyped about this yet, as I didn't like Sun/Moon that much. Back when X / Y came out, I couldn't get the editions soon enough and was having a blast playing both of them.

Funny how it's only for the 3DS. Okay, they always favored handhelds when it comes to Pokemon, but I'm sure at least some Switch owners would like a new game like this, rather then another Wii-U Remastered Deluxe Ultra Remake.

This one was the biggest "FUCK YOU" from Game Freak to the fans.

Tomorrow there will be an announcement saying "sorry guise, it was a joke, we are making Sinnoh remake xd"

Disappointed it's not for Switch but will get regardless, one thing I hope they improves on is character customization, yes its cool we can finally go hatless but overall I found the clothes inferior to XY, I just want my character to look as good as my Pokken character ?

NYwCKZm.jpg

I've been playing since 97', and think the seventh generation is the best one yet. 

Z-moves are way more strategic than mega evolution's. 

802 Pokemon is more than enough. They need to keep focusing on new forms. Its a great idea. 

I very much look forward to buying a copy of Ultra Sun or Moon. 

I'm glad they are finishing the generation on the hardware it started on.

Like they always do. 

I'm sad that we won't get a 'full, main' Pokémon game on the Switch (for now).

Gold/Silver on 3DS is good news, even though I haven't had a 3DS for two years now. I hope the Switch VC goes the route of having handheld titles as well and getting Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold like the 3DS would be cool.

I like that Gold/Silver are coming to the VC, although sad there's no Crystal.

I really don't care about the Ultra versions of Sun/Moon. I have Sun, and I still haven't completed it just because I can't stand all those cutscenes and the insufferable kids. They have the least personality I've seen in a Pokemon game. And the mecha looking versions of the legendaries just reminds me of Digimon.

I loved X/Y but since then the games have been kind of meh to me. I might go and give Alpha Sapphire another shot.

And I don't have a Switch and never intend to get one, but Pokken Tournament looks fun for an hour or so.

On 2017-6-6 at 7:55 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Anyone hyped for the new sequels to Pokemon Sun and Moon that got announced on the June Pokemon Direct, or about the ports of Pokemon Gold and Silver to the 3DS VC? Put all your speculations, wild rumors, and BS along with your fandrooling here! ;)

Me, I really am glad they decided not to put them on the Switch. I don't think I will own a switch unless my parents gift me one in December on my birthday or the holidays, so it's nice not to get rid of my 3DSes just yet. ^_^ Also, we will soon get the ability to port Pokemon from the 2nd generation directly by the Bank. (I am glad you don't have to pay a monthly Bank fee or I'd run out immediately.) Now there is no excuse to bitch(pardonnez-moi mon Francais) about not having your favorite Pokemon from the first two generations on the new games. :D

On 2017-6-6 at 8:04 PM, Parker said:

I'll be getting Gold and Silver but I really couldn't care less about Ultra Sun or Moon. If it released on the Switch I'd buy it for sure, oh well. 

Parker

On 2017-6-6 at 8:19 PM, TheVader66 said:

I would have preferred that it be released on Nintendo Switch to at least justify why they are making a sequel set of Sun and Moon. Also I was pumped with seeing a Pokemon game run on Nintendo Switch and imagining the possibilities they can make on the console.

By the way @Parker I thought news about Handheld Consoles were supposed to be on the Console Category rather than the Mobile Category.

On 2017-6-7 at 4:36 AM, Jesaya815 said:

Not too hyped about this yet, as I didn't like Sun/Moon that much. Back when X / Y came out, I couldn't get the editions soon enough and was having a blast playing both of them.

Funny how it's only for the 3DS. Okay, they always favored handhelds when it comes to Pokemon, but I'm sure at least some Switch owners would like a new game like this, rather then another Wii-U Remastered Deluxe Ultra Remake.

On 2017-6-7 at 11:08 AM, blazeaire said:

Disappointed it's not for Switch but will get regardless, one thing I hope they improves on is character customization, yes its cool we can finally go hatless but overall I found the clothes inferior to XY, I just want my character to look as good as my Pokken character 1f625.png

NYwCKZm.jpg

On 2017-6-7 at 11:34 AM, BillyHorrible said:

I'm sad that we won't get a 'full, main' Pokémon game on the Switch (for now).

Gold/Silver on 3DS is good news, even though I haven't had a 3DS for two years now. I hope the Switch VC goes the route of having handheld titles as well and getting Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold like the 3DS would be cool.

On 2017-6-7 at 10:53 PM, Valyrious said:

Yay, more 240p Pokemon.

Missed opportunity not to have it on the Switch.

So, are we all ready to say we're sorry we had or doubts? I know I am.

Full Pokémon RPG title in development for the Switch, yay!

On 16-6-2017 at 8:18 PM, syumisan said:

Yes I can't wait for the Sequel/Addon game! I preordered pokemon since Pearl lol. So I have this on my pre-ordered list.

Honestly Kalos didn't do much for me, X and Y.....I don't know.....Unova was fun actually :)

I liked Y for as far as I played it, stopped playing at some point but this is a problem I've had with handheld console games even more than with home console games.

16 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I liked Y for as far as I played it, stopped playing at some point but this is a problem I've had with handheld console games even more than with home console games.

Haha what killed it was the story was kinda short, thats my only complaint. Nope not really, WTF ARE FASHION POINTS? >_>#

• Like 1