What's going on with "Ultimate Hero"?

tsdenizen

I've noticed several people who've gotten the trophies for each individual ending, but not the trophy for "Ultimate Hero". I'm approaching the end of my third playthrough on PS4, and I'm wondering what circumstance people did and didn't get that trophy. Did you see the endings all in one playthrough (NG+) or did you see them across 3 playthroughs? Did you delete old playthroughs before seeing the third ending, thinking the individual ending trophies would trigger "Ultimate Hero" rather than having save data of each end at the same time? Any info is great, not just for me, but for anyone hoping to potentially make an accurate and useful guide in the future.

I'd really like to know this as well. I finished the first game on one playthrough. Then I started a different file and saw the other two endings (NG and NG+). Didn't get the trophy. So, I began my fourth playtrough on NG++ to see the first ending again, but now on the same file. On the last episode the first boss (Lord Gaga) has a 50000 HP on casual difficulty, so it was a boring grind to beat him. Then the last boss has a ridiculous 75000 hp. I was on my way to defeat him, and the game crashed. I started to hate a game that I loved so much. 

Haven't played the game again since that day. I'm not even sure if this is the way to get the trophy, or if there's a secret ending that I missed or something. If someone could help me out here, I'd would appreciate it.

I can now confirm that seeing all 3 endings across 3 playthroughs, without deleting any files, didn't net me the trophy. I find it peculiar that the requirement for the trophy achievement has changed (New Game + wasn't originally a feature of Chroma Squad), but that may be the case (all 3 ends through one file). That or it's glitched. It'd be nice if we could hear from the few who managed to get it. I've got episodes I need to do for Episode Hero, so I'll do those on NG+ until that pops, then play other things until I hear more.

In order to achieve Ultimate Hero you need to earn all three endings on one save file. Unfortunately this means on the third run that you need to defeat the last boss with a major increase in health and damage. Whether it was intended or a glitch, the final boss takes several hours to beat. The first wave of the battle is the hardest, clear our the extra bosses as best as possible when they are first brought in. When he brings in the second wave, focus on the bosses that heal to avoid them healing the boss or it becomes impossible to clear.

Recommend for new users that you play the first run on challenging with the space rangers ending. Create a second save file with first run as the night rider and second ending with the additional ranger and final with the space rangers so you'll have three additional heroes for the lengthy extra battle.

You can do this anyway you prefer of course. Your stats and inventory carry over each run but the enemies scale as well. You can also do a run on challenging, then three endings on casual on another file.

Either way, the platinum is significantly harder because of the final boss on the third run. Check your weapons/armors and you'll find hero/legendary equips on your second/third run which can greatly help you. You blitz the game in under three hours, avoid the directors instructions and just aim for completion. You'll have more than enough cash/fans to do whatever you need.

Edited by Thunder_At_Home

Thanks a bunch for the info, man! Very helpful! Sounds like a real pain (I noticed the increased health when I started NG+) and I got lotso games to play, so I'm just gonna chip away at that in time. Few episodes on my Night Driver play-through each day. And praise be to god for the ability to have the Night Driver ranger and all three sheriffs for that impending fuckin' slog (and also spamming the shit out of Find Weakness and Time Sink).

Yep having night rider and three sheriffs helps out a fair amount. You can also transfer the night driver abilities to another character but I kept it with assault. A decent amount of dodge will help for the first wave especially for the extra bosses. It will take a significant amount of time but taking out the first round of bosses is key because he brings in the second wave around 50% I think? I found the second wave much easier to deal with, just keep the producer and the TV hurt so they heal themselves and not the boss.

You likely already have the hang of it, but ensure every character has a heal ability for themselves or others. Abilities should only take 2-3 turns max. The last boss is easy just keep the portals closed off.

It's doable but I took around four hours to do it all. Have fun!

Edited by Thunder_At_Home