E3 2017 Predictions

Valyrious

Everybody's doing 'em, so why not make a list of your own wants, desires, and conspiracy theory guesses that may actually turn out to be right.

I will only cover Microsoft and Sony.

Microsoft:

• They begin their conference with the Scorpio's official design, along with new controller. Scorpio's name is revealed, and like PS4's codename Neo, it is not named Scorpio. It releases November 2017. Price tag also revealed, and will not be under $600.
  • Because I don't want it to happen, I think they finally do something with Conker, outside of his Project Spark bullshit. I think they announce a new Conker's Bad Fur Day adventure. Either another remake (they did Live and Reloaded for the original Xbox in 2005), or the nixed sequel.
  • It would not be E3 without a new Forza game, so they show off Forza Motorsport 7. Launch title with the "Scorpio".
  • Less than 5 new exclusives will be teased. Of them, maybe 2 new IPs.
  • FromSoftware has a game showcased, with the flavour text "OPTIMIZED FOR XBOX SCORPIO (name subject to change)". This will be pretty common throughout their conference.
  • This may be a contradiction to the prediction directly above, but there will be no other Japanese games on display.

Sony:

• They bring back the live orchestra. Show starts with Bloodborne 2. Not FromSoftware though, Sony Japan Studio takes over the helm, and it remains a PS4 exclusive. Light gameplay shown, no details on release date.
  • Marvel vs Capcom Infinite has a small appearance, followed very quickly with the announcement of Devil May Cry 5.
  • Spider-Man has a lengthy gameplay showing, and at the end they announce that it is Sony's fall blockbuster title. October 2017. *Potential to be delayed*
  • Lots of FIFA and sports talk, blah blah blah, eSports blah blah blah we all know this bullshit will be there and it will eat up at least 10 minutes. This is the time for everybody to get up, stretch their legs, make a snack, take a piss, anything but watch what's going on.
  • Crash the Trilogy gets some screentime to promote the game which comes out a few weeks after E3. After the gameplay, they show us a trailer for Spyro the Trilogy, which is also a PS4 exclusive.
  • God of War is another title that has over 5 minutes of gameplay shown. Again, another release date is shown. March 2018.
  • The Last of Us 2 will not be shown in any capacity. Nor will Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • Detroit: Become Human gets a trailer and release date.
  • Big surprise reveal, Shadow of the Colossus 2 gets announced.
  • Final Fantasy XVI gets announced.

Edited by Valyrious
Added FFXVI crackpot prediction
  • Like 1

I won't touch on Microsoft since I really don't follow them that much but I will with Sony.

Actually I think the show will open with the orchestra but I think it will be what ever new game Sucker Punch is working on.

I think we will see more of God of War and Days Gone.

I sure the Sony conference will also have Destiny 2 in it

I think we will see more of Detroit.

New announcements I am not sure. I'm not usually good at predicting them.

I am about as much remastered out as everyone but I hoe for one more. A Infamous collection for PS4.

These might be a little wishful thinking, but a prediction is a prediction!

• Fallout 3 & Fallout NV double pack remaster for PS4
  • Fallout 4 Season 2 DLC
  • Fallout 4 VR Patch
  • Fallout: New Orleans or New Vegas 2 announcement
  • New Wolfenstein
  • Legacy of Kain franchise reboot
  • Open world Superman game from Rocksteady
  • Any news at all about Cyberpunk 2077
  • Witcher 4
  • Bloodborne 2
  • PS VR Permanent price cut
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Aisha Tyler and Yves Guillemot come on stage and act cringey as hell the entire Ubisoft presser

I mean, that's playing it as safe as you possibly can lmao.

I hope Ubisoft has a new Rayman game shown though.

8 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

New Batman Arkham, a reboot, or an Arkham Origins remaster without MP trophies >:D

I think Rocksteady has stated that they're done with Arkham. I think it's possible we see Justice League or Superman though.

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Spider-Man PS4 is dropping not just this year, but this week. Shipments started an hour before this conference. By d00ds.

... oh, you said predictions, not wishlist.

I think the internet would meltdown. I really hope they have Tom Holland on hand during the Spider-Man portion of the show. Kinda makes sense if they do, since Sony owns the rights to the film as well.

2 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I think the internet would meltdown. I really hope they have Tom Holland on hand during the Spider-Man portion of the show. Kinda makes sense if they do, since Sony owns the rights to the film as well.

Not really. I mean, the game is separate entirely from the movie, and the MCU.

I hope they have Tobey Maguire on hand during the Spider-Man portion of the show. Spider-Man 3.1 is dropping soon, what better time to announce they fucked up and are remaking Spider-Man 4, and Tobey's back and they're gonna Return of the Jedi him into Civil War and shit.

Hold on to something this may get intense:

Starts off with crash gameplay followed by Spyro trilogy announcement to release in 2018.

Lots of Spiderman gameplay with Spring 2018 date with PSVR support.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 with VR support. DLC coming first to PS4.

CoD WWII... Same as Star Wars Battlefront. Blah blah blah.

FFXV DLC - yay!?!?

Small teaser of Ni No Kuni 2 with a little gameplay shown in teaser (similar to KH3 in past years). Introduces new characters and familiars

Small trailer of In Dreams. No dates announced. Little to no gameplay footage.

GoW4 with VR support. Lots of gameplay showing off weapons. Coming this winter.

Detroit become human and Days gone will make appearance: footage and 2018 release date.

Uncharted Lost Legacy gameplay shown. Out this year.

TLOU 2 small gameplay footage to end it, coming next year.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Ape Escape Remastered in the works... Announced somewhere in the conference with small teaser.

Games, games, games. Get ready for it!

10 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Hold on to something this may get intense:

Starts off with crash gameplay followed by Spyro trilogy announcement to release in 2018.

Lots of Spiderman gameplay with Spring 2018 date with PSVR support.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 with VR support. DLC coming first to PS4.

CoD WWII... Same as Star Wars Battlefront. Blah blah blah.

FFXV DLC - yay!?!?

Small teaser of Ni No Kuni 2 with a little gameplay shown in teaser (similar to KH3 in past years). Introduces new characters and familiars

Small trailer of In Dreams. No dates announced. Little to no gameplay footage.

GoW4 with VR support. Lots of gameplay showing off weapons. Coming this winter.

Detroit become human and Days gone will make appearance: footage and 2018 release date.

Uncharted Lost Legacy gameplay shown. Out this year.

TLOU 2 small gameplay footage to end it, coming next year.

Oh, and I almost forgot: Ape Escape Remastered in the works... Announced somewhere in the conference with small teaser.

Games, games, games. Get ready for it!

You actually reminded me of something. I say no to FFXV DLC. How about...

Final Fantasy XVI!

10 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

You actually reminded me of something. I say no to FFXV DLC. How about...

Final Fantasy XVI

As much as it would make sense and as much as I would want this, I think them moving FF7:R back in house might mean that the main development team works on that project rather than the next installment. I can't even keep up with which teams work on which projects anymore, I hope I'm wrong though. They've never really taken a hiatus between the numbered entries, whether or not they'll make an announcement is another story.

Also, I believe Square Enix is doing their own separate conference, but Sony likes to take care of marketing for their partners.

I believe that The Evil Within 2 will be announced. It has been rumored for years, so chances are good for this prediction to come true.

Assassin's Creed is already set in stone and it will be awesome, no doubt about that. ?

Furthermore a new InFamous game would be neat. I wanna see more of Seattle in all it's beauty, more of Delsin and Fetch, perhaps as a couple who trains other Conduits with abilities.

Detroit: Become Human and Days Gone should be shown. Hopefully they'll both get a release soon after E3. I hate to see all these great trailers and interesting gameplay, only to have to wait another 1-3 years until I can actual play it myself. That's why I don't wanna be hyped too much about other games like Death Stranding or Last of Us 2.

4 minutes ago, ThaiChi said:

As much as it would make sense and as much as I would want this, I think them moving FF7:R back in house might mean that the main development team works on that project rather than the next installment. I can't even keep up with which teams work on which projects anymore, I hope I'm wrong though. They've never really taken a hiatus between the numbered entries, whether or not they'll make an announcement is another story.

Also, I believe Square Enix is doing their own separate conference, but Sony likes to take care of marketing for their partners.

As far as I know, only EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, Devolver Digital, PC Gaming Show, Ubisoft, Sony and Nintendo have conferences. Which means I think Square Enix and Capcom will be at Sony's conference for sure.

Besides, they announced FFXV at Sony's conference at E3 2013, and announced FFVII Remake last year at Sony's conference. When there's smoke...

I dunno about VII remake though. The one name you don't want to see attached to a game is directing it, and that was quite possibly the reason why Versus XIII / XV was in development hell for 10 years. Which also makes sense because Nomura is also directing Kingdom Hearts 3. He is the king of never getting shit finished.

6 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

I believe that The Evil Within 2 will be announced. It has been rumored for years, so chances are good for this prediction to come true.

Assassin's Creed is already set in stone and it will be awesome, no doubt about that. 1f60e.png

Furthermore a new InFamous game would be neat. I wanna see more of Seattle in all it's beauty, more of Delsin and Fetch, perhaps as a couple who trains other Conduits with abilities.

Detroit: Become Human and Days Gone should be shown. Hopefully they'll both get a release soon after E3. I hate to see all these great trailers and interesting gameplay, only to have to wait another 1-3 years until I can actual play it myself. That's why I don't wanna be hyped too much about other games like Death Stranding or Last of Us 2.

I agree with some of your predictions, but I also have to agree with Snakebit on Suckerpunch. I think they're going Guerilla Games 2.0 and doing something completely different to Infamous. I certainly hope they can do what Guerilla did with Horizon. But that's asking quite a lot.

2 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I dunno about VII remake though. The one name you don't want to see attached to a game is directing it, and that was quite possibly the reason why Versus XIII / XV was in development hell for 10 years. Which also makes sense because Nomura is also directing Kingdom Hearts 3. He is the king of never getting shit finished.

I'm almost certain we'll see something about FF7 or KH3. At the very least a years time frame, not date or season lol. There was an article about FF7 on polygon that revealed how Sony offers to bankroll all the marketing in exchange for publishing rights, which we can see play out at their e3 conferences from year to year, not just with SE. In contrast to Microsoft that just straight up pays for exclusivity rights. Anyway, the Sony stage is always set for the biggest news blockbusters, it's what makes it so exciting for me to watch. So I'll place my bet on new footage at the very least for either or both, considering it's 20th and 15th anniversary.

And it's Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary, I think that's why SE is holding their own thing. Not sure anymore if it's going to be a Sony-like press conference, but damn it I want that rumored FF1-15 collection for PS4 (mmm, trophies)

Microsoft is going to announce something that's going to bring them back in the running for this generation. Sony will fail to deliver. After a year or so, Sony will start to be behind in sales and will finally start to improve their services including the IGC.

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I am about as much remastered out as everyone but I hoe for one more. A Infamous collection for PS4.

Well the fact that the Jak and Daxter collection is coming to the PS4 could very well mean an inFamous remastered collection will come out. I haven't even played the original games yet so I'm likely missing out.

Not a fan of getting a bunch of collectibles on a map that doesn't reveal where they are.

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

These might be a little wishful thinking, but a prediction is a prediction!

• Fallout 3 & Fallout NV double pack remaster for PS4
  • Fallout 4 Season 2 DLC
  • Fallout 4 VR Patch
  • Fallout: New Orleans or New Vegas 2 announcement
  • New Wolfenstein
  • Legacy of Kain franchise reboot
  • Open world Superman game from Rocksteady
  • Any news at all about Cyberpunk 2077
  • Witcher 4
  • Bloodborne 2
  • PS VR Permanent price cut

I can definitely see a Fallout 3 remaster, but I don't know if New Vegas will ever get one, seeing that it was headed by a different company.

Wolfenstein The New Order and Old Blood were great. Definitely would like to see another title, though I don't know how it will get handled since

Spoiler

BJ looks to be close to dying at the end of New Order, leaving the game with a few questions unanswered.

Ever since Superman 64 I don't think anybody has really come out and said they wanted to make a solid game. If it plays out like Batman Arkham Knight I'll be stoked.

Edited by Spaz

16 minutes ago, ThaiChi said:

I'm almost certain we'll see something about FF7 or KH3. At the very least a years time frame, not date or season lol. There was an article about FF7 on polygon that revealed how Sony offers to bankroll all the marketing in exchange for publishing rights, which we can see play out at their e3 conferences from year to year, not just with SE. In contrast to Microsoft that just straight up pays for exclusivity rights. Anyway, the Sony stage is always set for the biggest news blockbusters, it's what makes it so exciting for me to watch. So I'll place my bet on new footage at the very least for either or both, considering it's 20th and 15th anniversary.

And it's Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary, I think that's why SE is holding their own thing. Not sure anymore if it's going to be a Sony-like press conference, but damn it I want that rumored FF1-15 collection for PS4 (mmm, trophies)

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right. I just don't know if they have enough finished to show anything. I do think it's possible we see one of KH3 or FFVII though, but I'm not confident enough to assume so. I do feel pretty confident that the main team is doing their newest FF main entry series though. No need to release more FFXV DLC. Episode Prompto releases June 30th, and then they still need to release Episode Ignis.

I really doubt that huge collection is actually real, but hey I would LOVE to be wrong about that. Maybe they're re-release FFXIII trilogy for PS4. I'd loooooooove to have to go through those turds and platinum them again. (mild sarcasm)

TBH I really would love a PS4 remaster of Final Fantasy XIII. Really underappreciated gem of a game. Still to this day one of my absolute favourite FF games.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I agree with some of your predictions, but I also have to agree with Snakebit on Suckerpunch. I think they're going Guerilla Games 2.0 and doing something completely different to Infamous. I certainly hope they can do what Guerilla did with Horizon. But that's asking quite a lot.

As much as I would love a new Infamous game. One of my all time favorite series. I believe SP is going to do something brand new and I hope it grabs me the same way Horizon did. Which was a surprise for me because Killzone is one of my other favorites.

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

I really doubt that huge collection is actually real, but hey I would LOVE to be wrong about that. Maybe they're re-release FFXIII trilogy for PS4. I'd loooooooove to have to go through those turds and platinum them again. (mild sarcasm)

TBH I really would love a PS4 remaster of Final Fantasy XIII. Really underappreciated gem of a game. Still to this day one of my absolute favourite FF games.

I agree with you there. I don't get understand the rabid hate of XIII. I get that the linearity was a major turn off, but good lord paradigm shifting was fun and story was about on par with any other cinematic FF. As the months go on and on from their 30th anniversary celebration, I'm beginning to lose hope myself that the collection isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

Show opens with Bloodborne 2.

Demons/Dark Souls Remastered Collection.

Skate 4

These things will happen.

Spoiler

I really hope these things happen.

Death Stranding will be there in some capacity.  Kojima troll inbound.

Edited by angelgrievous