E3 2017 Predictions

Valyrious

3 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

there is ABSOLUTELY no way that Square announces FFXVI in Sony's conference or any conference for that matter. It is impossible.

umm, no it really isn't.  It is literally possible for them to announce anything they want.  Unlikely, sure, impossible, not at all.

Have my thoughts on the matter, but I'm assuming EA will put me to sleep and Ubi will do at least one thing that will make me go,"What the fuck?" I'm curious about MS's conference since I've heard some interesting rumors, Sony of course, and I want to see if there will be a new Kirby game on Switch. Probably too soon.

2 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

there is ABSOLUTELY no way that Square announces FFXVI in Sony's conference or any conference for that matter. It is impossible.

If you're assuming an announcement means it has to release this year or next year, then yeah. But that's not really what an announcement is all the time. I wouldn't mind waiting 3-5 years for it.

Just knowing that it is currently being developed would be more than enough to make me happy.

I've been having such a great year with the games being unloaded on us during the first half of 2017, that anything announced at this year's E3 will just be icing on the cake for me. Not really hyped per se, but I'll still be looking into what Sony and Nintendo show off. 

Prediction wise, games I'd like to see announced and predicted price drops:

-Bloodborne 2

-PS1 digital downloads on PS4

-Animal Crossing Switch

-PS4 Slim/Xbox One S permanent price drop to $249

-PS4 Pro price drop in the fall which will be contingent on Xbox One Scorpio's price, but guaranteed to drop to at least $349.99, maybe $299 Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday

-$399 or $449 Xbox One Scorpio this October (I can't see it being at or above $499 since that would be literal market suicide)

Edited by Death_Ninja

3 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

umm, no it really isn't.  It is literally possible for them to announce anything they want.  Unlikely, sure, impossible, not at all.

well yeah, it's also possible that tomorrow i'll win the lottery and then the day after you win it. then star wars announces they are making the prequels again with a whole new canon so they can be good this time. Anything is possible but you know what i meant.

Being serious, we are still waiting for final fantasy xv DLC, they are making Final Fantasy VII remake internally now AND they're also working on kingdom hearts III (AKA the new Last Guardian of video games) ALL from the same studio. They've probably thrown ideas around and are going to make FFXVI but trust me, there is NO WAY it makes an appearance this e3. probably wont be there next year either.

Edited by linkdevivo

I think we will see:

- Days Gone Gameplay

- short gameplay trailer for The Last of Us Part 2

- more gameplay for God of War 4

- more gameplay for Middle Eart Shadow of War

- hopefully some Bloodborne 2 

Up to this point this year in gaming was amazing but I still want to get a lot done until all the great games release at the end of this year :D

Pretty sure that sony will go with

Days gone

God of War

Spiderman

Suckerpunch's new IP (maybe infamous though)

Horizon's new Story DLC* (not 100% sure about this one)

Bloodborne 2

Uncharted Lost Legacy Trailer (promoting it before august release)

Call of Duty WWII (part of sony exclusivity deal)

PSVR will make some sort of appearance

Those are almost 100% sure to be there

But sony always likes the wow factor and this is where it gets interesting. I don't think we'll see anything from last of us 2 because its too soon, death stranding has been confirmed not being there. I personally believe that since Arkham Knight was part of sonys e3 conferences in 2014 and 2015, The new arkham game Insurgence wil be there (developed by the Origins guys). Also Until Dawn is ready for a sequel. that's a pretty solid conference right there. Missing that OMG WTF moment, though. Have no idea what that will be but it'll be there

Edited by linkdevivo
  • Like 1

More what I'd like to see than predictions.

-Resident Evil 2 Remake gameplay demo*

-Demo of the new sci-fi Bethesda game 'Starfield'

-Bloodborne 2*

-The cynic in me totally expects Microsoft to announce they've 'bought' at least 2 third-party exclusives

*please let these happen

Some more realistic than others but I'd like to see

Horizon Zero Dawn standalone 'DLC' announcement, release next year.

Some gameplay footage from The Last of Us Part 2 would be cool but don't expect to see a release date

Release dates for Days Gone, Spiderman, God of War. At least one is before the end of the year

Fallout 3 special edition, releases before the end of the year

Final Fantasy VIII gets a port to PS4 with trophies

New Tomb Raider officially revealed and no exclusivity deal with Microsoft

Suckerpunch reveals what they are working on, a new IP preferably but no complaints if it's infamous

Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay and release date

I'd rather they didn't but they'll talk about VR, Destiny 2 and Call of Duty a lot as well

? Hummm

Microsoft 

Hello friends lol :blah: we introduce you Scorpio... dis console is so next generation dat u still need to buy them batteries for your crazy ugly controller. Get ready for new exclusives too cuz u know Xbox is all about exclusives (nope) and u can play dis games on yo pc too! Get ready for Halo 6 : remake of Halo 4 , Halo 5 , Halo 2 and same as future Halo 7 because it will be always the same game with even worse story each time u buy it! U can also get Forza Turismo 7 or simply watch TV cuz dats why u buy a new console.

Nintendo

"We gotta big surprise for our open-eyed fellas in EU and Merica :emo:getta ready for...new Metroid! Joke... U wish ! We give u NEW SUPAH MARIO GAME ! Bet u weren't expecting dis ! If you do not like da idea of getting 5 mario games per year u can always get our new Rabbids RPG...in wich u can play with Mario Characters too ofc! Mamamia we never change!"

SONY

Yo ma brothers:ninja: just chill cuz we gonna win dis stuff all ovah again lolz...dat Rockstar abandoned us cuz no red dead redemption dis year anymore but we don't need them...cuz we got The Last of Us part 2 , Kratos 5 , Uncharted 5 :  Drake is tired of dis stuff , Detroit : Robots  ,that zombie game u like cuz we never get tired of zombies...and some cool final fantasy remake wich will take 20 years to release. So yeah we don't need ya R*! Oh wait...u think we ovah ? get ready for Ps4 SuppaDuppaMegaPro !!! Our new console bruh! Now u can play da same games with instagram filters and stuff for only 100 dollahs more!"

Ubisoft

" Dis time we give u Assasins Creed : Vengeance , Fernandez Caliente is an assassin livin in Puerto Rico at 1989 who needs to kill templars to save his wife Maria Gordita. Also...Farcry."

Joking of course guys xD still...hope we get some good news...waiting for a big surprise

I really hope the new IP (had to Google it) for suckerpunch is Sly 5 or thives in time part 2. Sanzaru isn't working on it, so maybe suckerpunch has gone back to it?

I just need the ending, it can't just end on a cliffhanger ?

1 hour ago, OJ9999vr said:

I really hope the new IP (had to Google it) for suckerpunch is Sly 5 or thives in time part 2. Sanzaru isn't working on it, so maybe suckerpunch has gone back to it?

I just need the ending, it can't just end on a cliffhanger 1f62d.png

Sly 5 would be amazing.

Alongside the pretty obvious games, I think we will see some new gameplay from South Park: Fractured but Whole.

I also hope that we will finally see a new Trials game from Ubisoft. And I am not talking about another strange spinoff like Trials of the Blood Dragon.

I just want a new Trials game so goddamn hard :D

Would it be possible that we see a new Burnout game announced. I'm still looking forward to one of those, i know that Playstation will get the game Wreckfest sometime in the future and that one looks really interesting. But especially Burnout 3 and Revenge were games that i absolutely loved as a child

Fallout New Orleans 

Bethesda Games Studio will announce their new IP Starfield sci-fi open world rpg using the Creation Engine

Bloodborne 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay

Gran Turismo Sport release date in August

mine (some more wishful thinking tbh)

• Bloodborne 2 gameplay to be shown and release date
  • GT Sport gets a bundle (maybe VR one?) and a release date of November
  • NNK 2 date announce with digital store version of NNK (1) available on the store "soon"
  • Destiny 2 exclusive (timed?) PS4 content (mission?)
  • TLOU2 gameplay out next year
  • SOny announce something related to PS now that actually convinces me to try it

16 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Microsoft is going to announce something that's going to bring them back in the running for this generation. Sony will fail to deliver. After a year or so, Sony will start to be behind in sales and will finally start to improve their services including the IGC.

Please tell me the timeline where this happens!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrKittyEmperor said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I wanna say that Shawn Layden recently gave an interview were he said that there would be some kind of japanese games announcements during this years show.  So I'm really interested in what that might be.

Yeah you're right he did say that in an interview. There are many possibilities but Square, From, Platinum are probably the most likely. He also said in the same interview that " Vita is still a viable platform". Mind blown! ?

Isn't there supposed to be talk about changes to PS+? What could it be?

PS3 titles will be dropped

1 PSVR title added

Subscription model to get both PSNow and Plus for $10 discount/yr on combined cost to mimic Game Pass by Microsoft

Possible Plus price increase for those not choosing the combined model described above

Sony new motto "Less is More" - by decreasing what we deliver we can increase the quality of what remains

Another option - a rotating pool of games assigned for a period from which you can choose a couple (but not all) each month

Really can't see any changes to Plus being for the better in the eyes of gamers so natch, Sony will change it up somehow to push PS4/VR focus and away from PS3 and Vita.

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Pretty sure that sony will go with

Days gone

God of War

Spiderman

Suckerpunch's new IP (maybe infamous though)

Horizon's new Story DLC* (not 100% sure about this one)

Bloodborne 2

Uncharted Lost Legacy Trailer (promoting it before august release)

Call of Duty WWII (part of sony exclusivity deal)

PSVR will make some sort of appearance

Those are almost 100% sure to be there

But sony always likes the wow factor and this is where it gets interesting. I don't think we'll see anything from last of us 2 because its too soon, death stranding has been confirmed not being there. I personally believe that since Arkham Knight was part of sonys e3 conferences in 2014 and 2015, The new arkham game Insurgence wil be there (developed by the Origins guys). Also Until Dawn is ready for a sequel. that's a pretty solid conference right there. Missing that OMG WTF moment, though. Have no idea what that will be but it'll be there

I am glad you mentioned about a Until Dawn Sequel. I was at work today and I was thinking about all the usual games people mention for E3 but Until Dawn had not come up. I would love to see a proper sequel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

Cuphead gets cancelled

Would be funny if they were like, "CUPHEAD IS AVAILABLE TONIGHT! GET HYPED FOR XBOX BOYZ"

22 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Microsoft is going to announce something that's going to bring them back in the running for this generation. Sony will fail to deliver. After a year or so, Sony will start to be behind in sales and will finally start to improve their services including the IGC.

You mean the Scorpio? That is their deadliest weapon, but what good is a strong console if there's no exclusives? Microsoft's better off just wiping their hands off this generation and preparing for the next one with non-stop exclusives.

But that won't happen unless they pay developers to make games for them.

39 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

You mean the Scorpio? That is their deadliest weapon, but what good is a strong console if there's no exclusives? Microsoft's better off just wiping their hands off this generation and preparing for the next one with non-stop exclusives.

But that won't happen unless they pay developers to make games for them.

I was being hopeful. Sony's best from behind. Why else do you think they designed Noire like that in Neptunia :awesome:

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Please tell me the timeline where this happens!

Hopefully this one.