Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 announced. First episode next month

Here is the link for it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/07/telltale-games-minecraft-story-mode-season-2-revealed-episode-1-release-date-announced

Personally I enjoyed season 1 but their are some of their older IP's I'd rather see a sequel to. The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 2

This is the only Telltale game which has come out in recent times that I have literally no interest in whatsoever, so I'm kinda disappointed to hear that it's getting a second season. I even liked their Game of Thrones series despite never watching the show/reading the books, and most consider that to be one of their weakest ones. Like others have mentioned, they have games that deserve a second season way more than this, but I guess since it's Minecraft, it's bound to make the big bucks just on the name alone. <_<

The first Season was pretty good, but the DLC episodes were a little boring. Plus, Minecraft didn't end in a huge cliffhanger like Game of Thrones or Tales from the Borderlands. Both of these franchises need to be continued.

Regarding The Wolf Among Us, it seems to be a fable telltale no longer remembers...

2 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Meh, booooring :spank:. i was hoping for The Wolf Among Us 2, Tales from the Borderlands 2 or even Game of Thrones 2 -_-

They've already announced that they're working on a second Game of Thrones.

In all honesty out of the ones listed, Borderlands is the only one I'm desperate for a sequel for. I liked the cliffhanger that TWAU ended on.

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

The first Season was pretty good, but the DLC episodes were a little boring.

Huh, I thought the DLC episodes were the best, mainly because in single story nature of the episodes made each one feel more complete.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Fuck Borderlands

Fuck Wolf Among Us

Fuck Game of Thrones

Fuck Batman

Fuck Walking Dead

ESPECIALLY fuck that shitty Minecraft one

where is Back to the Future 2?

Back to the future wrapped up just fine, we don't need more, all of those you mentioned are better than Back to the Future, especially Minecraft Story Mode. I'm happy to see a season 2 come out of this. It's so weird how this kinda came out of no where.

that is cool, i  really enjoyed Minecraft story mode, so i will be definitly getting season 2 

though Telltale can we please just have a The Wolf Amoung US 2 after how good the first was, imo the best telltale game

• Like 1

Telltale Games are really pumping those games out. Looks like another easy plat. But i won't get it till all the eposides are out, as there were even more DLC's after the last eposide on the first Minecraft Story Mode. And i wasn't happy with that, and getting the game for the second time because of the DLC trophies.

I personally dislike the base Minecraft game and haven't played Season 1 of the Story Mode yet but I will pick Season 1 and 2 up for the easy Platinum's. Unexpected announce, very disappointing but ah well. Guardians of the Galaxy is another recent disappointment from TellTale that I will end up picking up anyway because TROPHIES WOO.

Also, in reply to everybody who mentioned The Wolf Among Us. I'm pretty sure TellTale already mentioned years ago that they no longer have the rights for the game so Season 2 is more than likely to never happen. I have no evidence to back this up, but I vaguely remember reading an IGN article about 1-2 years ago about it. I mean I want Season 2 as well but let's be real, it wouldn't take 3 years to get that would it? I'm no game developer but that just sounds ridiculous to me. Especially since The Walking Dead sequels pumped out relatively quick after each other.

7 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Back to the future wrapped up just fine, we don't need more, all of those you mentioned are better than Back to the Future, especially Minecraft Story Mode. I'm happy to see a season 2 come out of this. It's so weird how this kinda came out of no where.

I was joking for the most part, but not really.

Borderlands is cool enough but the pacing is off here and there.

Wolf Among Us is just boring, maybe if you're a Fable fan it's better, but the atmosphere is cool, the idea is cool, everything is cool except the execution because shit is boring. I clocked it on Xbox years ago and stumbled into a PS3 copy not too long back and I can't even bring myself to load episode 2.

Game of Thrones lacked any of the emotional depth or good writing the series is known for and was a complete drag as an ASOIAF fan.

Batman was kind of cool, but it realistically it would have made for a really good movie for 2 hours, not an 8 hour way-too-long slog.

Walking Dead I love to death and want season 4 right now, actually I have nothing bad to say about it.

Minecraft may get better later on, but I was bored to death after an hour of the first episode. Writing was subpar, characters were entirely unlikable and unrelateable, dodgy at best.

Back to the Future meanwhile had really good writing, really good characters (I count young Doc as a Telltale character), GREAT settings, a heap of variety, and a compelling plot in each episode. But mostly, yeah, nothing says "wrapped up just fine" like this https://youtu.be/N0yAm88Mdrw?t=5m54s

On 6/7/2017 at 9:13 PM, ddracarys said:

I personally dislike the base Minecraft game and haven't played Season 1 of the Story Mode yet but I will pick Season 1 and 2 up for the easy Platinum's. Unexpected announce, very disappointing but ah well. Guardians of the Galaxy is another recent disappointment from TellTale that I will end up picking up anyway because TROPHIES WOO.

I had zero interest in Story Mode, season 1, but my 4-year-old daughter really liked the picture, so I bought it when it was on sale (with its DLC). It turns out...it's actually quite fun. I've been tiring of TellTale's same ol' same ol', but I enjoyed this one. My 4-year-old even cried at one point when I was playing.

On 6/8/2017 at 0:44 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Back to the Future meanwhile had really good writing, really good characters (I count young Doc as a Telltale character), GREAT settings, a heap of variety, and a compelling plot in each episode.

True, but the gameplay and control were absolute turds.

• Like 1