Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 announced. First episode next month

16 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

True, but the gameplay and control were absolute turds.

I'm not meaning to come off as such a TTG BTTF fanboy here, but all them complaints aren't really wellfounded. Gameplay in Back to the Future was more or less identical to every other Telltale game, in fact it even had the sprint button as an option long before Walking Dead 2 decided it was a good idea to include. Walking Dead 1 is a slog fest compared to the rest because of this. It's also probably their largest scale game (other than TWAU) in terms of level size, wide (for TTG) open areas galore, the camera I'll admit could use some work and as that affects the direction you're going greatly, I'll give you that one for control. But even still, that game was over 5 years ago, what the hell is their excuse for why the newer games still run like ass, in fact, the newer games crash at least a few times per play through withtout fail, it's insanely shit. They really need to up their game. And the whole thign where Bruce Wayne's facing the entire wrong direction and breaking his neck mid convo, or Tripp walking around in the background of season 3 AFTER being shot in the head, their games are just broken period. BTTF at least ran pretty well, especially when compared to TTG's other series.

I bought the first season of Minecraft: Story Mode on disc about a year ago. It took me ages to play it because a lot of people on the forums were saying it was the weakest TellTale game which I was disappointed to hear. Well, I finally got around to playing it last week and absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish. Don't know what people's problem with the game was as I thought the story was great with some fun and quirky characters to interact with. The DLC episodes were also the best. It might not be the strongest TellTale game but it most certainly is not the weakest.

Personally speaking, I am glad they are doing a season 2 of this game and I look forward to playing it.

• Like 1

Ugh, there are many franchises more deserving of a second season (or even a first season) than Minecraft Story Mode getting a second season.

But I guess, Minecraft sells to the masses. Walking Dead does too which is why it is on 3.5 seasons already. Wolf Among Us had a much more compelling and original story though.

Well outside of Walking Dead, Minecraft: Story Mode was TellTale's biggest selling game so it makes sense that it would get a sequel before the other games. I imagine Tales from the Borderlands will be next up to get a sequel since it was free on Plus last month and got a lot of players. I think sequels to Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones will be a long way off (hopefully I am wrong though!)

7 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'm not meaning to come off as such a TTG BTTF fanboy here, but all them complaints aren't really wellfounded. Gameplay in Back to the Future was more or less identical to every other Telltale game, in fact it even had the sprint button as an option long before Walking Dead 2 decided it was a good idea to include. Walking Dead 1 is a slog fest compared to the rest because of this. It's also probably their largest scale game (other than TWAU) in terms of level size, wide (for TTG) open areas galore, the camera I'll admit could use some work and as that affects the direction you're going greatly, I'll give you that one for control. But even still, that game was over 5 years ago, what the hell is their excuse for why the newer games still run like ass, in fact, the newer games crash at least a few times per play through withtout fail, it's insanely shit. They really need to up their game. And the whole thign where Bruce Wayne's facing the entire wrong direction and breaking his neck mid convo, or Tripp walking around in the background of season 3 AFTER being shot in the head, their games are just broken period. BTTF at least ran pretty well, especially when compared to TTG's other series.

I'm not talking about the control structure, per se. That's always been bad. The problem with BTTF was that it was just damn hard to get from point A to point B. Sure, it was slow, too, but you could get hung up on the environment, or the control could change depending on if you changed screens. Coupled with the fact that many of the trophies required you to move quickly from various points to various points, it was a lousy experience for me.

You'll get no argument on the rest of your statement. TT really needs to step it up. It's time for an evolution, but given that people still eat these games up, don't bet on it.

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wolf Among Us had a much more compelling and original story though.

I believe you meant to say "sucky". xD

But in all honesty, I feel ya here. Personally, I loved Tales from the Borderlands, and would love a season 2. I like the Walking Dead and Minecraft, so I don't mind new seasons, but if I liked TWAU, I would be very disappointed. And just imagine that one person in the world who liked Jurassic Park: The Game!

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I believe you meant to say "sucky". xD

But in all honesty, I feel ya here. Personally, I loved Tales from the Borderlands, and would love a season 2. I like the Walking Dead and Minecraft, so I don't mind new seasons, but if I liked TWAU, I would be very disappointed. And just imagine that one person in the world who liked Jurassic Park: The Game!

I liked Jurassic Park: The Game...

Nah I didn't mean sucky, I did mean the part just before the bold though - "much more" - as in relative to other Telltale titles, yeah Wolf had a great plot :)

• Like 1

I can understand why people think other telltale games like Tales From The Borderlands should get a sequel over Minecraft: Story Mode. I mean, i'm no Borderlands fan but I quite enjoyed TFtB for a little bit. I gotta admit though, I played it for the sake of the trophies since the game was an IGC title anyway but hey, it was enjoyable! Especially after three quarters through chapter five of episode four.

I also liked Minecraft: Story Mode a fair bit while I was playing it. I will definitely get around to buying season two at some point or another, when it's cheap on sale and when all the episodes have released.

If there is one thing I hope for the trophy list is that there are no missable trophies like season one (like the one where you have to craft the lever at the crafting table in chapter two of episode one). I also hope that the platinum icon is not the game title cover/box art (like The Walking Dead season three).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...