More Assassin's Creed Origins info leaked

The cover looks fantastic! So the rumors were true all along.

Egypt as the main location fits perfectly for an Origins story. There is so much shrouded in mystery, even to this day. I'm sure they had a blast combining it with their stuff from the first games and with actual historical events. At least I hope the story around Juno picks up again, after being sidelined for so long.

• Like 1

Agree with OP that name is GENERIC AF. Let's hope that the game is not. It shows promise from an idea standpoint, set in egypt, shrouded in mystery. Let's just hope they hit a home run. Will probably buy this anyways as I love getting these plats and have them all.

51 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Funny - I'm planning to start AC II tomorrow, never played them before. Must be good if they are still making them? ... I really need to catch up! 1f604.png

Assassin's Creed games are like Star Trek Movies.  You get a hit, then a flop, then a hit, then a flop...

The original was okay, although repetitive, but an interesting concept...  

AC II is considered the best in the series (just like Wrath of Khan was in Trek)

AC Brotherhood was an extension of AC II, and pretty good.

AC Revelations was mediocre.

AC III was pretty bad.

AC IV was the other contender for best in the series.

And Rogue, the last one I played, was meh...

Heard Unity and Syndicate were flops too.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

I'm really interested in the Egyptian setting.

8 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Assassin's Creed games are like Star Trek Movies.  You get a hit, then a flop, then a hit, then a flop...

AC II is considered the best in the series (just like Wrath of Khan was in Trek)

AC III was pretty bad.

I second this, though haven't played Rogue yet, so can't judge about that game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

AC III was pretty bad.

The funny thing is, the AC franchise has a huge following but no consensus with the fans. Ubisoft must be doing something right because somebody's happy with each release. Per your list, I'd flip the descriptions of III and Black Flag. I hated the Pirates theme, yet loved the American Revolution. To each, their own, right? 

And Unity was great! It was broken at release but now you can pick it up for $10 and it's great! 

As for Origins, it will be astounding to see Egypt depicted in its empire's heyday. We will get too see all the glorious monuments, not as fading ruins, but as they were supposed to look. Well, except for the Giza pyramids - they were more ancient to Cleopatra, than she is to us today. Think about that for a moment. 3,000 years of Empire!!

20 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

AC III was pretty bad.

Thats good to know thanks. I'll start with II and see how I go, Brotherhood looks like a pain with all the MP. MP is torture which is why I've put off playing loads of games I really wanna do. IV is the ships right? I heard that was great. See you platinumed them all so you'll be playing the new one?

1 minute ago, Hogie838 said:

Thats good to know thanks. I'll start with II and see how I go, Brotherhood looks like a pain with all the MP. MP is torture which is why I've put off playing loads of games I really wanna do. IV is the ships right? I heard that was great. See you platinumed them all so you'll be playing the new one?

AC 4 has an MP grind as well. Just letting you know. 

Just now, Hogie838 said:

You apparently have a PS4, why not get the Ezio Collection? None of the PS4 versions of Brotherhood and Revelations have multi-player. That is, if you even wanted to play those two games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

But you can grind Black Flag solo in Wolfpack mode. With Brotherhood, you're going to need five other players that can actually sync together on spotty servers, for hours and hours of slap fest. BIG difference. 

I'd second just playing Bro on PS4, unless you want an ultra rare plat. 

7 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

You apparently have a PS4, why not get the Ezio Collection? None of the PS4 versions of Brotherhood and Revelations have multi-player. That is, if you even wanted to play those two games.

Oh great, thanks! That sounds like a much better option. I'll definitely get them instead of PS3. Cheers ?

Edited by Hogie838

2 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

But you can grind Black Flag solo in Wolfpack mode. With Brotherhood, you're going to need five other players that can actually sync together on spotty servers, for hours and hours of slap fest. BIG difference. 

I'd second just playing Bro on PS4, unless you want an ultra rare plat. 

I'd like an UR but not if it means grinding MP for hours, trying to get people to boost and all being available same time... blah! The PS4 version will do nicely ?

9 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Great! MP should be just for fun without trophies IMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Oh great, thanks! That sounds like a much better option. I'll definitely get them instead of PS3. Cheers 1f604.png

AC2 is also in the collection, so just so you know if you feel like getting rid of your PS3 version of that game. Also, all the single player DLC is included in the collection, so Revelations is going to make you play the terrible Lost Archive DLC as part of the trophy list. So you're not completely out of the woods in regards to awful game modes.

Also AC4's multiplayer trophies can, for the most part, be gotten by playing solo in Wolfpack mode. Not all of them, but at least the ones that require the most grinding.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

AC III was pretty bad.

you are preaching to the choir brother lol
To me AC 4 was the best and i intend to plat it again in ps4 cause i loved it so much. The last AC i played was Liberation and it was pure torture, i dragged myself to it. I tested Unity and Syndicate and couldn't play it either. For the fans, i really wish this AC is good, but imo, i wanted Ubi to have the balls to make a pirate franchise with edward kenway :D

15 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

It broke my heart when they released ac brotherhood in ps4 without multiplayer. I love to play ACB Wanted. It's in life support mode now but you can still get lobbys in it lol :D:D:D

Edited by BG_painter

2 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

There hasn't been a single bad AC game other than Revelations and the ''they're all the same'' meme is just tired and plain incorrect at this point. This looks good; hoping they don't mess it up.

Amen. If you think all AC games are the same, then you really should crack open a history book every once in awhile. That's probably why I liked III so much, because they incorporated so much real history (i.e. Braddock's March, Boston Tea Party), including people. Charles Lee was a real person AND, he really was a douche.