More Assassin's Creed Origins info leaked

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

Thats good to know thanks. I'll start with II and see how I go, Brotherhood looks like a pain with all the MP. MP is torture which is why I've put off playing loads of games I really wanna do. IV is the ships right? I heard that was great. See you platinumed them all so you'll be playing the new one?

The multiplayer isn't really too much of a grind.  You'll need to spend maybe 6 - 8 hours total on Brotherhood, and 1-2 hours on the other games, if you boost (which is really the only way to do it now, likely).  Yes IV (and Rogue) had ships.  i'm sure I'll play the new one.

Awesome to hear. I'll be getting the collector's edition.

Assassin's Creed: Origins sounds much better than the original name (Assassin's Creed: Empire).

I think it's cool if they're doing an origins story and the Egypt setting does really fit, it was much closer to the Precursors than any time we've seen yet.

Super psyched for this, sign me up for the biggest collector's edition that is available without going to the damn Ubisoft e-store.

On 8-6-2017 at 4:08 AM, PerryToxteth said:

As for Origins, it will be astounding to see Egypt depicted in its empire's heyday. We will get too see all the glorious monuments, not as fading ruins, but as they were supposed to look. Well, except for the Giza pyramids - they were more ancient to Cleopatra, than she is to us today. Think about that for a moment. 3,000 years of Empire!!

On 8-6-2017 at 4:01 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm really interested in the Egyptian setting.

On 8-6-2017 at 2:58 AM, Jesaya815 said:

The cover looks fantastic! So the rumors were true all along.

Egypt as the main location fits perfectly for an Origins story.

Exactly what I was thinking!

On 8-6-2017 at 2:26 AM, locoporkko said:

This awesome game will be my platinum 200

Should try to make it #50 for me...

On 8-6-2017 at 3:53 AM, B1rvine said:

Assassin's Creed games are like Star Trek Movies.  You get a hit, then a flop, then a hit, then a flop...

The original was okay, although repetitive, but an interesting concept...  

AC II is considered the best in the series (just like Wrath of Khan was in Trek)

AC Brotherhood was an extension of AC II, and pretty good.

AC Revelations was mediocre.

AC III was pretty bad.

AC IV was the other contender for best in the series.

And Rogue, the last one I played, was meh...

Heard Unity and Syndicate were flops too.

On 8-6-2017 at 4:08 AM, PerryToxteth said:

The funny thing is, the AC franchise has a huge following but no consensus with the fans. Ubisoft must be doing something right because somebody's happy with each release. Per your list, I'd flip the descriptions of III and Black Flag. I hated the Pirates theme, yet loved the American Revolution. To each, their own, right? 

And Unity was great! It was broken at release but now you can pick it up for $10 and it's great! 

On 8-6-2017 at 4:01 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I second this, though haven't played Rogue yet, so can't judge about that game.

On 8-6-2017 at 5:04 AM, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

There hasn't been a single bad AC game other than Revelations and the ''they're all the same'' meme is just tired and plain incorrect at this point. This looks good; hoping they don't mess it up.

On 8-6-2017 at 5:12 AM, PerryToxteth said:

Amen. If you think all AC games are the same, then you really should crack open a history book every once in awhile. That's probably why I liked III so much, because they incorporated so much real history (i.e. Braddock's March, Boston Tea Party), including people. Charles Lee was a real person AND, he really was a douche. 

Personally I don't think any of the Assassin's Creed games were bad, though there were some that were definitely not as good as the others.

The only thing wrong with Rogue was that it was too short, it could have done with two or three more sequences of assassin hunting before the climax.

I don't even think Unity was broken on release, at least that's not my experience with the game and I played it day one (with the day one patch).

Syndicate was cool but it was a big mistake to not put a female assassin front and center. Evie was very interesting but her cool story was sidelined by Jacob doing stupid stuff. Evie only had two missions every sequence - one for her own story about an artifact, one about cleaning up the mess Jacob made in the sequence before...

III was not bad, it just had the problem of being a downplayed story about an Indian in the woods after having games set during the renaissance, in Italy no less. None of the settings except for the Caribbean could top that, Egypt might though.

Personally, the first game is still the lesser title in my opinion. It had some great ideas but very repetitive gameplay and some other issues, luckily they kept fixing issues with every new release (unfortunately they were also creating a few new ones).

On 8-6-2017 at 4:14 AM, Hogie838 said:

Thats good to know thanks. I'll start with II and see how I go, Brotherhood looks like a pain with all the MP. MP is torture which is why I've put off playing loads of games I really wanna do. IV is the ships right? I heard that was great. See you platinumed them all so you'll be playing the new one?

Just play the Ezio games on PS4! Personally I'm now trying to get through all the games (four platinums to go - III, Rogue, Brotherhood and Revelations) but I only decided to actually get through them all once I realised that I could play Brotherhood and Revelations without having to bother with MP (save for III and IV, which were not bad since wolf pack is fun).

• Like 1

On 8-6-2017 at 2:16 AM, Azaan60 said:

3d8pHuq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Egyptian setting confirmed. 

It's also going to have pre-order bonuses, a deluxe edition & a season pass. How unsurprising. 

Also the name is extremely generic. 

Sad to hear you're not into the new AC game, OP. Did you like any of the other games?

Personally, I love the name, I was going to pre-order a collector's edition anyway and I don't mind a season pass, though I will just buy any story-related DLC afterwards on sale.

On 8-6-2017 at 2:28 AM, damon8r351 said:

Has there not been a thread about this already here? I feel like I've known about this for awhile.

Egypt will be fun though. I can almost guarantee you'll have to climb up to the top of the Great Pyramid of Khufu for some reason.

We knew about Egypt for a while now but the title is new; it was Assassin's Creed: Empire before this. Loving the "Origins" title much more - though with a title like that, they're really obliged to delve into the mythos now, can't call it that and have just another regular game in the series. (confirmation about pre-order DLC mission and season pass is also new but it's Ubisoft we're talking about, nobody should be surprised about this)

3 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

As long as No multiplayer or naval combat is in the game, I defiantly will pick this up 1f44c.png

Agreed on the multiplayer, and on naval combat: I don't think the Egyptians were that much into naval combat (not being sarcastic, I really don't know for sure. They had some trading going on I believe, but I don't think they really had much of a war fleet). I loved Black Flag though, I liked Rogue a lot and I thought the naval stuff in III was one of the highlights in the game. I would not mind if there would be another AC naval spin-off, perhaps one set in the old days of Greece and Rome?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Razza said:

I'm honestly excited to play this as the setting seems like it could be interesting and unique :) now just hoping the rumoured Connor & Arno rift sections are going to be in the game as well :D

That's a new rumour to me, where did you hear that?

Personally I wouldn't mind if the rifting and present day stuff was dropped for once, it's become a mess anyway. But then again I never was that much into the present day sections even in the first game, so I'm kind of biased. I know there's people on here who enjoy or even prefer the present day stuff.

Side note: I loved the AC movie (just bought the blu-ray) even though it has so much present day stuff in it, hearing about that was why I thought I wouldn't like the movie before I actually saw it.

16 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's a new rumour to me, where did you hear that?

Personally I wouldn't mind if the rifting and present day stuff was dropped for once, it's become a mess anyway. But then again I never was that much into the present day sections even in the first game, so I'm kind of biased. I know there's people on here who enjoy or even prefer the present day stuff.

Side note: I loved the AC movie (just bought the blu-ray) even though it has so much present day stuff in it, hearing about that was why I thought I wouldn't like the movie before I actually saw it.

Saw it posted on a video a few weeks back due to some leaks from reddit :P 

And it seems some of the stuff could possibly be true from the leaks such as a controllable eagle which is shown on that leaked picture on the OP so here's hoping for some more Connor, Arno and Shay to wrap up all there stories :) 

Although this is just more wishful thinking rather than facts at this moment :( 

Just now, Razza said:

Saw it posted on a video a few weeks back due to some leaks from reddit :P 

(...)

And it seems some of the stuff could possibly be true from the leaks such as a controllable eagle which is shown on that leaked picture on the OP so here's hoping for some more Connor, Arno and Shay to wrap up all there stories :) 

Although this is just more wishful thinking rather than facts at this moment :( 

Well, there is a bird on the picture in the OP (not 100% sure it's an eagle, though an imperial eagle would be fitting for the setting) but that doesn't necessarily mean you can actually control it. Birds have always been an important part of the Assassin's Creed series though so I wouldn't be too surprised if that bit were true.

If anyone needs their story wrapped up, it's Evie - we know she went to India, there's a big story right there...

I'm a pretty big AC fan, so this could possibly be a day one buy, but I'm considering holding off. I've bought a couple Ubisoft games at launch this gen, and what I have noticed is that Ubisoft games tend to drop in price very quickly.

I mean Just 3 weeks after Watch Dogs 2 released I remember seeing my local Best Buy selling copies of the game for 40 bucks. Ghost Recon Wildlands went on sale for 50 bucks on PSN 2 weeks after launch. 

This game has potential to be great, but I'm starting to lean towards just holding off on Ubisoft games in general. That being said I'm excited to see what they can do. Egypt setting alone already has me very interested, and from a story standpoint it appears that this game is pretty much going to be about the origins of the Assassins. Should be very interesting to explore what the Assassins where like before Altair's time. 

Edited by Ratchet

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, there is a bird on the picture in the OP (not 100% sure it's an eagle, though an imperial eagle would be fitting for the setting) but that doesn't necessarily mean you can actually control it. Birds have always been an important part of the Assassin's Creed series though so I wouldn't be too surprised if that bit were true.

If anyone needs their story wrapped up, it's Evie - we know she went to India, there's a big story right there...

Yeah as I said at the moment it's extremely wishful thinking on my behalf at the moment as I'm adding 1 + 1 and hoping it ends on 2 :P

And I would be happy with an Evie sequel as well as I think I might be the only person here who enjoyed syndicate :P although I would really love a young Haytham Kenway game as his story is so interesting in the books and could easily fill a game :)

mri2g1yvk0x6jxhpjw60.jpg

The next Assassin’s Creed is going to Egypt, and although Ubisoft hasn’t yet confirmed it, we can piece it together from roughly 2349892483294832 leaks. Today’s leak comes from someone with an early copy of Game Informer, whose next cover story is Assassin’s Creed: Origins, out this October.

Rumors of the next Assassin’s Creed have been circulating since January 2016, when Kotaku broke news that Ubisoft’s tentpole series was skipping a year and that the next game, codenamed Empire, would be set in ancient Egypt.

Then there were more leaks. There was that t-shirt. There was the Target pre-order card. And now the entire Game Informer cover story has leaked, because Ubisoft.

We’ll see more at E3, unless there are more leaks before then.

SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-origins-is-leaking-everywhere-1795972468

• Like 1

I was trying to avoid leaks on AC: Origins...so much for that! xD Definitely interested. $109.99 for the steelbook gold edition is a bit steep, but I have discounts and, if it comes close to my birthday, might make a good birthday gift. :D However, I'm trying not to get too excited yet. Just a few more days before the official reveal.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:25 PM, Torracat83 said:

If it comes out around my BD, might be a good gift. :)

How do we gift games on the ps store?

It's this part of the article I find a bit off putting.

The revised combat and AI systems include enemies that don’t take turns to attack anymore, with battles that are more dependent on hit boxes. Fighting fills up an adrenaline gauge, and when the player presses both attack buttons at the same time (right shoulder and trigger), they deliver a powerful attack.

Maybe it's just me...but does the bold seem like the new attack buttons are R1 and R2?

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It's this part of the article I find a bit off putting.

Maybe it's just me...but does the bold seem like the new attack buttons are R1 and R2?

Seems that way, perhaps freerunning will be on L2 now?

The AC series switched button mappings around a few times already, playing them in a marathon is a mess.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Seems that way, perhaps freerunning will be on L2 now?

The AC series switched button mappings around a few times already, playing them in a marathon is a mess.

Article states that there will be no more freerunning.

All movement is now limited to the left analog stick from what I understood. Which I'm willing to bet anything is not received well by the fans. It seems like Ubisoft is asking people to control how far forward they tilt the analog forward for walking/running it seems. Stealth sequences will be a bit more annoying if you have to slightly tilt up while crouching or trying to walk slowly. I could be wrong though since I skimmed the article in between doing other things.

I fully expected combat to be changed like each game seems to do anyways. 

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Article states that there will be no more freerunning.

All movement is now limited to the left analog stick from what I understood. Which I'm willing to bet anything is not received well by the fans. It seems like Ubisoft is asking people to control how far forward they tilt the analog forward for walking/running it seems. Stealth sequences will be a bit more annoying if you have to slightly tilt up while crouching or trying to walk slowly. I could be wrong though since I skimmed the article in between doing other things.

I fully expected combat to be changed like each game seems to do anyways. 

Just skimmed the article but it doesn't say no freerunning; it says no sprint button and no freerun up/down buttons.

I can live with that, having an extra button for sprinting seems weird to me anyway. Running by tilting is fine.

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just skimmed the article but it doesn't say no freerunning; it says no sprint button and no freerun up/down buttons.

I can live with that, having an extra button for sprinting seems weird to me anyway. Running by tilting is fine.

Yeah I took the bold to mean no freerunning tbh. If it's limited to the analog stick I assume at full tilt he'll be jumping over things on his own or something. 

I wonder how fast the climbing will be. :hmm: 

I think most games I play have a button that increase speed somehow. Pushing in L3 or the buttons that the AC games have used. The only games that don't are some of the Musou games where the characters start running faster after a couple of seconds.

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah I took the bold to mean no freerunning tbh. If it's limited to the analog stick I assume at full tilt he'll be jumping over things on his own or something. 

I wonder how fast the climbing will be. :hmm: 

I think most games I play have a button that increase speed somehow. Pushing in L3 or the buttons that the AC games have used. The only games that don't are some of the Musou games where the characters start running faster after a couple of seconds.

Remember that the freerun up/down buttons were only introduced in Unity.

Games from way back like Donkey Kong 64 did not need a run button, I fail to see why I should use a button for what I can tell the game to do by tilting the move stick more.