Bubsy is coming back

What could possibly go wrong?

In all seriousness though, this is absolutely out of nowhere and when my friends linked it to me earlier, I thought it was an E3 prediction joke. Accolade hasn't made any games in over 2 decades and Bubsy is seriously a joke in the industry. Obviously its still super early and there's barely any footage, but man that doesn't look good either. Bubsy blends in so much with the backgrounds instead of popping out against them and everything looks so stiff. 

I guess we'll see, but this is definitely the most out of left field game announcement that could possibly happen. 

Why... just why? I can see the overwhelming hate for Bubsy 3D harming the sales of this game, and why did they stick with that annoying voice for Bubsy, that's probably going to get on a lot of people's nerves very fast, it's so grating. I might give this a try, but I know one thing for certain before it's even released, there's going to be an overload of puns, like every past game (can't speak for 3D though, never actually played it, I just know it's hugely despised).

Edited by Lady Blanc

I really would have hoped if they were going to be resurrecting dead IPs and platforming mascots that they would have at least gave us something like Gex instead. The 2D iterations of the Bubsy franchise were average at best (and that's being nice), and even that trailer looks like they completely lost the feel of the original games, which would make a "revival" of sorts even more confusing if this is how they are going about it.

• Like 1

Wow we're in 1997 and nobody told me anything! Who really wanted a sequel to the shittiness that was "Bubsy" back then? They have balls, i'll give them that, releasing the game 20 years after the abomination that was "Bubsy 3D".

And i 'm still waiting for a sequel to this:

Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg

Having never even heard of the 3D game on the Playstation until relatively recently, I always thought the series' low reputation was ill-deserved. Whilst they are certainly not in the same league as games such as Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Dynamite Headdy, I enjoyed the original 2D games on the Mega Drive back in the day. They weren't masterpieces, but they were entertaining and challenging enough for me to play them both to completion. I thought having nine lives was a good way to counterbalance the one-hit kill aspect of the game - speaking of which, I also enjoyed the various death animations, some of which were pretty creative. Also, some of the music, particularly from the first game, was great.

• Like 1