Mike Ross Breaks His Silence About ESPORTS

Wavergray

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

My literal thought as I opened this thread.

For others like me who can't watch a video for whatever reason they have:

"Mike Ross: The people's champ (umm... whatever that means), the man who made it safe to believe again (again, what?!), recently deactivated his social media accounts and hasn't been competing or participating in FGC (yeah, I don't know either) events like he once did. 

..today, we learn what has been bugging Mike Ross -- ESPORTS. 

Mike explains that ESPORTS has taken the integrity out of competition. Unfortunately, he can no longer support the community in its current climate."

You're welcome for the summary.

Yeah you uh...need to watch the video to the end.

28 minutes ago, TehCro said:

Yeah you uh...need to watch the video to the end.

I can't right now. Well, I can, but I can't hear it. I have a hearing problem. But you're right. I'll have someone listen to it for me and let me know what this important message is.

Edited by DaivRules

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I can't right now. Well, I can, but I can't hear it. I have a hearing problem. But you're right. I'll have someone listen to it for me and let me know what this important message is.

If you hadn't watched it yet, there's closed captions on it if you view it on youtube. I wouldn't recommend it though. You could spend five minutes watching paint dry and you'd get the same entertainment value.

1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

If you hadn't watched it yet, there's closed captions on it if you view it on youtube. I wouldn't recommend it though. You could spend five minutes watching paint dry and you'd get the same entertainment value.

I just tried to do the closed captions and they haven't improved very much in the last couple years. :( I know they talked about esports and made some comment on the repetitive nature of video games, but I don't get the references to Texas at the end. I also still don't know who Mike Ross is, who the other guy (from the future) who shows up is, or what this important message to viewers is. Buy a shirt from some website? So it's all a joke or did I miss the "powerful" message somewhere?

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I just tried to do the closed captions and they haven't improved very much in the last couple years. :( I know they talked about esports and made some comment on the repetitive nature of video games, but I don't get the references to Texas at the end. I also still don't know who Mike Ross is, who the other guy (from the future) who shows up is, or what this important message to viewers is. Buy a shirt from some website? So it's all a joke or did I miss the "powerful" message somewhere?

I have no clue who the guy is either. I took the whole thing as a joke, and a bad one at that.

• Like 1

@DaivRules Even though you should watch videos to the end, what you said was your thought on the video before you watched is is about 90% true.

Yes on the surface the video is a joke, but the message that is deeper in the subtext of the video is important and powerful.

I could explain it, but I would prefer if people came to their own conclusion about the video. Even if they just think it's a joke.

Also 

Wk4jJXm.png

Edited by soultaker655

9 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

@DaivRules Even though you should watch videos to the end, what you said was your thought on the video before you watched is is about 90% true.

Yes on the surface the video is a joke, but the message that is deeper in the subtext of the video is important and powerful.

I could explain it, but I would prefer if people came to their own conclusion about the video. Even if they just think it's a joke.

Are you talking about the money being spent on esports? I don't understand why that's a problem. Don't these competitive video game players want to make money? Haven't Asian countries had massive esports competition for years/decades now?

Or are you talking about the subtext of What Is Esports? Since there is still debate today about what things are considered non-esports, I think that ones up for debate for some time as well. 

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Are you talking about the money being spent on esports? I don't understand why that's a problem. Don't these competitive video game players want to make money? Haven't Asian countries had massive esports competition for years/decades now?

Or are you talking about the subtext of What Is Esports? Since there is still debate today about what things are considered non-esports, I think that ones up for debate for some time as well. 

Both and more.

It's okay if you can't see all of the subtext, some of it may be too hidden to people who don't know that much about FGC history.

Edited by soultaker655

• 2 weeks later...