STRANGE BRIGADE Gameplay (Sniper Elite 3 meets ZAT) Rebellion

snacklepuss

Had a quick look around the unreleased section and I cant see the new game announced by Rebellion on June 7 called STRANGE BRIGADE PS4 - Xone - PC

So far details are sketchy but it obviously looks like a mix between Sniper Elite 3 and ZAT, as the 4 main protagonists are the characters from ZAT Left4dead.

However,  Rebellion has said there are a number of big  differences from SE games and ZAT.

From what I have gathered, that means because there are Puzzles to solve, Tombs to uncover, The Resurrection of Giant Bosses, namely the Egyptian God Anubis

Anubis type Bosses only smaller in scale than the Giants lead the undead to attack and command hordes of the undead or Mummies 

Also to note,Rebellion has stated it they have been secrety working on this game for a number of years and it involves up close and personal Combat and doesn't have the Sniper Elite type long range shooting nor required stealth as in SE games.

The game is set in the 1930s era in North Africa (EGYPT) and by the looks of it, it has that SE3 Desert/Jungle type look or vibe thats in SIWA OASIS /Kasserine Pass/

Rebellion has confirmed it has a Single Player Story mode but there is obviously a 4x CO_MP game.

Questions posed to rebellion just days ago were...............

Q. I wonder just how different they will be in terms of gameplay. Hopefully 100% different from how Nazi zombie plays as well as the goals.

A. Well obviously both involve gun combat, but Strange Brigade`s is closer range with more unique special powers and weapons for each character. There will also be elements such as exploration, traps and puzzles that aren't in ZAT, plus of course the entire atmosphere of the game (including the trailer narrator, who will narrate your actions in game!)

Q. Will the game have 4 player co-op?

A.  YES

Q. Can you choose more characters to play as?

A. There are 4 confirmed for now, but that may increase!

Q. I hope this isn't a complete reskin of Nazi zombies....?

A. while they share 4-player co-op action as a. Add they are very different games and we've been working on it for quite some time!

They also stated in a reply to me on YT that the IP of this game is their own and it is also a Rebellion SP game (Self Published)

Heres a quick teaser rebellion posted on June 7 on their YT channel. BTW Im so excited by this, I created a community in anticipation of it on PS4 communities.

Pssst....The Narrator is the same voice actor who did Sniper Elite Series and the Zombie army Series.... I DO PERSONALLY HOPE THIS IS A 3rd PERSON GAME

EDIT: Forward to June 20th and here is some footage of gameplay

BTW All will be revealed at the latest E3 conference and here are the details as posted by IGN on their website.

E3 2017 is being held June 13-15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. 
Press conferences for Bethesda, Microsoft, Sony, Electronic Arts, and Ubisoft will be held beginning Saturday, June 10. 

IGN Live will be broadcasting from the show with the E3 2017 press conferences, including interviews and demos with game developers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Strange_Brigade_2.jpg

strange-brigade-1-1496756008715_1280w.jp

The-Strange-Brigade-7.jpg

Few more pics for Rebellion game fans.

This first one is the confirmed official logo strange-brigade-logo.jpg

The-Strange-Brigade-10.jpg

Strange_Brigade_7-1024x576.jpg

1179227293-Strange-Brigade-Reveal-Traile

Edited by snacklepuss