Hard Plat? Thoughts on list.

I can remember getting 105% in CB3 when it was first released and there was definitely 32 relics. I don't remember how difficult it was to get the Gold times though. I think one or two of them may have been tricky?

The first game definitely felt harder to me than the other two because of the save system but it'll be more manageable now with the improved save system.

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

While Hot Coco and and Eggipus Rex didn't have their own entrance, they did have their own relics.

I'm not arguing that they don't have relics. I know they do, I got them while going for the 105% completion couple of years back.

There's only 30 relics because 27 and 29 don't have their own time trials. They are the same levels as 7 and 19, with same crystals and gems and relics - You just enter them from a different place to get the yellow gem in Hang 'em High and the box gem in Future Frenzy. Unless this is some weird regional difference we're overlooking.

maybe it's difficult for you, or it's because of your age back then?

even back in those days I managed to 100% the game with no guide book helps,  unless they change some stuff in these remakes.

the only thing I think will be difficult to me is shooting fake crash with the RPG, unless in this remake he can be found hidden in every level while playing as crash, but back in the ps1 days I don't know what I did and make him appear in some of crash and coco's levels dancing in a funny way.  one day I accidentally erased the save file while playing Gex: deep cover gecko then played the game again from scratch and 100% all over again, but fake crash isn't showing anymore in my new save file.

4 hours ago, Aurohn said:

If it's as difficult as I remember it's gonna be an ultra rare plat. But probably not, I was a kid back then as well.

an Ultra Rare Plat? no way, the trophy list isn't that hard at all, i even remember getting 105% (not sure if its the full % of the game) back when i was like 8 with no guides at all cus didnt have internet. There would have been a chance for an ultra rare plat or rare if all relics had to be platinum, but since we can get gold or better, then its fine

Having replayed them all only just before the remasters were announced, I promise you, CB2 and CB3 are MUCH easier than you remember (especially now that we have all been gaming for so long). I would give them somewhere around a 4/10 for difficulty.

However, CB1 was very hard without the new updates. It's WAY harder than I remembered. While the clear gems will be easier now that we can die, the relics won't allow for any deaths. Don't underestimate CB1! Probably in the 7 or 8/10 mark.

6 hours ago, ihate_ray said:

The list just came out for all the crash games releasing in the remaster. Thought on the warp trophies? Doesn't look too bad aside from getting relics/gems. I beat the game as a kid but didn't 100℅ so I don't know what im in for. 

It's a remake not a remaster.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

While Hot Coco and and Eggipus Rex didn't have their own entrance, they did have their own relics.

For me CB1 is the favorite. :D In some ways I prefer CB2 over CB3 and in other ways CB3 over CB2. :) 

Crash_bandicoot_3_100.jpg

7 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

Crash_bandicoot_3_100.jpg

Because revisiting Future Frenzy and Hang 'Em High don't count on Warp Room 6.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MMDE said:

It won't be easy, that's for sure, but not sure it will be all that hard. It will be a decent and doable challenge. :) The easiest is likely by far CB2, just like it was on PS1. The hardest will probably be CB1. I also see CB3 doesn't really require gold relic on all levels, only 30 out of 32. And if anyone wonders, the gold relics are what is going to make the games hard! ;p  

CB3 is the easiest Crash. All its powerups makes the game a child's play. I did 100% as a Kid, so wont be hard. CB2 is one of the hardest (since we have internet). I couldnt get 100% when I was a Kid because of the hidden locations in Unbearable and NO CRATES on the first level.

CB1 will be the hardest, without a doubt, Unless they put some easy stuff with this new version...

6 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

CB3 is the easiest Crash. All its powerups makes the game a child's play. I did 100% as a Kid, so wont be hard. CB2 is one of the hardest (since we have internet). I couldnt get 100% when I was a Kid because of the hidden locations in Unbearable and NO CRATES on the first level.

CB1 will be the hardest, without a doubt, Unless they put some easy stuff with this new version...

Your CB2 argument makes no sense though, you sure there wasn't a typo? :S CB2 is the easiest, always has been. Sure you had some difficult to guess what was required gems, but you got both internet and magazines back then for that too. :P The game was just a lot easier.

The problem however is relics, so which game will be the hardest when it comes to the relics. Back in the day CB3 was much harder than CB2 due to the relics. Not sure how the power-ups makes the relics any easier. :S In CB2 you always relied upon checkpoints, but with time trials that is no longer the case, so definitely harder than it used to be, but it used to be very easy, so we'll see. CB1 was harder due to the save and checkpoint system, but fixing the saves and checkpoint system, this is no longer the case. The inclusion of time trials will again reapplied the difficulty of the lack of checkpoints, but at least it won't be while going for all the crates. :D I think even with the inclusion of relics the game will be easier than it used to be.

So the relics are what is going to make the big difference, and I can see myself speedrun levels in CB2 much easier than CB3 and CB1. CB1 is even just more difficult in general.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:42 PM, Kyl542 said:

an Ultra Rare Plat? no way, the trophy list isn't that hard at all, i even remember getting 105% (not sure if its the full % of the game) back when i was like 8 with no guides at all cus didnt have internet. There would have been a chance for an ultra rare plat or rare if all relics had to be platinum, but since we can get gold or better, then its fine

Ah, you put my mind at ease, ty.

I wouldn't say "Hard Plat", I would say an Easy Platinum, all 3 of em are easy to beat. If you retrace your steps from 1 to 3 you played the classic version in the past, then you have a 95% chance of beating Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, plus there are some new upgrades on this new version which I am aware of.

SO hyped for this game, sadly the plat is a bit too easy, everything is easy only the gold relics can be a bit tricky, wish a trophy like beat every level without dying, get platinum relic on 75% of the levels or something, would make the plat a bit harder. but still nice list, my favorite games by far

Think the term 'Hard' is what you make of it, if you really enjoy a game and honestly have fun putting hours into the game and the trophies come naturally then is it really 'hard' or just a grind

i myself will enjoy this because Crash Bandicoot was the first game i ever had when i was 5, so the nostalgia will hit me and i will enjoy it so the collecting relics etc will be more of a grind than hard

if you dont enjoy games then most trophies become a bore and therefore hard because you wont be so invested into getting them.

therefore the term 'hard' is a state of mind

Edited by tomf1990
  • Like 1

I think the first game will be the hardest just because of how punishing the level design is in comparison to the later games, and Relics on shit like Slippery Climb, Road to Nowhere, The High Road and Sunset Vista will be painful, especially considering the physics have been slightly altered. I think adding the speed shoes to 2 was a stupid idea; they really should have stuck to the mechanics of that game. I still find 2 to be the easiest one in the series so it's gonna probably be 1-3-2 in terms of difficulty for me. Apparently the jetski physics are fucked too.