Suggestion - Trophy report option for PS4 & Vita

I think that PS4 & Vita should finally get options to report trophies that have impossible looking timestamps. This is because it has now become clear that people have illegitimately obtained trophies for the vita and now xploder, a software that was used frequently by many hackers to resign their saves on PS3 is in beta on PS4 so save data hacking on PS4 is inevitable. 

This link shows a tutorial on how to hack trophies on vita, as you can see it goes back as far as September 2016, however an account named HackbyFakeshadow has managed to hack two trophies deemed impossible on the vita for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus and their time stamps show that they managed to do those trophies within 2 hours, 49 minutes. I don't mean to brag but on the PS3 version with one of my best co-op partners for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I could probably manage to do all missions in around 1 hour, 30 minutes to 2 hours in one sitting but this account has managed to do all missions twice on their own while only completing chapter 1 on the game, when you complete chapter 1 your only weapons on the game are the dragon sword and lunar staff and they both provide much less damage than other weapons that you will unlock later in the game. I can say for certain that within 2 hours, 49 minutes it is impossible to complete all missions on your own TWICE with two of the worst weapons for fighting bosses on the game. Also, their PSN ID kind of confirms that they were hacking on that account. 

Below is an image that shows xploder's advertising for save resigning software on PS4, I've highlighted key features that are outlined in the software. 

Qpzxy8Y.png

If they're confident enough to put a price on the software, that must mean they are close to finishing development of the software. The PS3 version of xploder can be used to unlock trophies illegitimately so I feel it is almost certain that when this software arrives it will also be used to unlock trophies illegitimately on PS4. 

Since vita has been proven to have trophy hacks already and PS4 is on the way, I feel that the report options for both consoles should be available and the reporting format should be similar to the way people are allowed to report illegitimate looking trophies on PS3. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

It's been suggested before and I've posted the proof that they'd been hacked in the thread. They were sometimes deleted and sometimes they weren't.

Because it's not happened yet, I felt like suggesting it here. I don't actually see what the problem with reporting every platform could be... Even if it's not possible to hack on PS4 yet at least there will be a head start for people who want to report others for illegitimate looking trophies. The thread seemed like it died, so I thought a fresh new thread with opinions from newer members that I've seen might have been good. Also, if more people are suggesting it then it'll probably be more likely to come into effect. 

18 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

if this ever happens, will the people that manipulate their own saves on ps4 be punished  even though there wasn't any software out at the time? Just curious

I'd say referring to the date of when the illegitimate looking time stamps should be considered, so if xploder on PS4 is released in July 2017 then someone suddenly has a 2 minute plat for LittleBigPlanet 3 on that date, you would probably be right to believe that they had used PS4 xploder to unlock those trophies and not save file manipulation with their own save data. 

Here's a more obvious example of Vita hacking: https://psnprofiles.com/VitaTrophies

They have ridiculously fast completion times, as well as trophies from digital-only Vita games that aren't available in their region. Plus if you look at the 100% leaderboards for any of their games, you'll see multiple people have the exact same timestamps as them.

This has been going on since at least October, so they really should be flaggable by now

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ms Serzilla said:

Because it's not happened yet, I felt like suggesting it here. I don't actually see what the problem with reporting every platform could be... Even if it's not possible to hack on PS4 yet at least there will be a head start for people who want to report others for illegitimate looking trophies.

It is possible. I'd posted a link to an NGU post detailing how to resign saves and my post was deleted. If you'll go to their forums today, you'll see many people sharing their save files for ps4 games as well as the instructions for resigning them.

Edited by kuuhaku

I agree that PS4 and Vita games should be flaggable now, I also think some of the info from the original post must be deleted. It's likely many people will see this thread, this is kinda like free advertising for a software that probably shouldn't even exist, no? (You included a link to the tutorial too) :P Maybe PM that info to Sly/Cheater Team and keep the thread open for discussion. 

12 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

I agree that PS4 and Vita games should be flaggable now, I also think some of the info from the original post must be deleted. It's likely many people will see this thread, this is kinda like free advertising for a software that probably shouldn't even exist, no? (You included a link to the tutorial too) :P Maybe PM that info to Sly/Cheater Team and keep the thread open for discussion. 

Considering I've seen people say that it's impossible to hack PS4 & Vita, I felt like I had to prove something with my initial post. If I didn't do it and just said "vita and PS4 can be hacked" then they'd ask for proof regarding that. If it's already been proven countless times, how difficult could it be to simply add a report option to those games? As soon as a PS3 game is released, the report option is there for anyone who started the game, so it's something that happens almost immediately. The reality is, every console can be hacked/exploited for trophies now, so every game on every platform should be possible to report and I have to prove that with things that may seem controversial. If the suggestions in this thread had already been fulfilled when they were supposed to, this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place. 

I also doubt this thread is going to promote trophy hacking on those consoles, because anyone who has hacked, or intends to hack would have discovered NextGenUpdate by now for those things. 

Edited by Ms Serzilla

Just now, Ms Serzilla said:

Considering I've seen people say that it's impossible to hack PS4 & Vita, I felt like I had to prove something with my initial post. If I didn't do it and just said "vita and PS4 can be hacked" then they'd ask for proof regarding that. If it's already been proven countless times, how difficult could it be to simply add a report option to those games? As soon as a PS3 game is released, the report option is there for anyone who started the game, so it's something that happens almost immediately. The reality is, every console can be hacked/exploited for trophies now, so every game on every platform should be possible to report and I have to prove that with things that may seem controversial. If the suggestions in this thread had already been fulfilled when they were supposed to, this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place. 

Sly was already told about this once in the chat by someone iirc. If no action was taken at that time, I don't expect it to change. I do understand what you're saying though, you had to prove your point. :P But I feel it's better if lesser people knew about it. This thread was made months ago 

and since then, nothing has changed. Even if the whole community agrees, at the end it's all up to Sly to make the final decision. I fully support the idea of giving us the ability to flag PS4/Vita games though, probably should have been implemented ages ago.

17 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

and since then, nothing has changed. Even if the whole community agrees, at the end it's all up to Sly to make the final decision. I fully support the idea of giving us the ability to flag PS4/Vita games though, probably should have been implemented ages ago.

Of course, but as evidence builds, it's worthwhile to post this every now and again. Sly has always acted pretty logically here, and I imagine that if a preponderance of the evidence favors reporting PS4 and Vita games, you'll see a change.

For the OP, I hope to see this implemented as well.

While I agree it should happen, there is one problem with this...

People eventually start reporting games completed in 2015/2016 and everyone knows PS4 had that syncing bug where trophies popped for different trophy list when you synced Sound Shapes.

And neither reporter nor the flagged person would be able to prove whether the time is a hack or not.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

People eventually start reporting games completed in 2015/2016 and everyone knows PS4 had that syncing bug where trophies popped for different trophy list when you synced Sound Shapes.

And neither reporter nor the flagged person would be able to prove whether the time is a hack or not.

Date could be something to go by, that PS4 exploit hasn't been mentioned in a while, but the cut off point could be the date that it was first proven that hacking occurred on PS4. Since vita has never had an issue where trophies can unlock randomly, that console doesn't need any cut off point dates and any dates that seem illegitimate should be considered for that console. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure Sly has said Vita reporting will be a thing very soon.

3 hours ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

if this ever happens, will the people that manipulate their own saves on ps4 be punished  even though there wasn't any software out at the time? Just curious

Isn't manipulation like that against the rules? :P Last time I checked, it is.

26 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It's not super common, but it's something to keep in mind.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Pretty sure Sly has said Vita reporting will be a thing very soon.

Isn't manipulation like that against the rules? :P Last time I checked, it is.

It's not super common, but it's something to keep in mind.

I thought it's only against the rules because you can't distinguish the timestamps being yours or from using someone else's save?

1 hour ago, Ms Serzilla said:

Date could be something to go by, that PS4 exploit hasn't been mentioned in a while, but the cut off point could be the date that it was first proven that hacking occurred on PS4. Since vita has never had an issue where trophies can unlock randomly, that console doesn't need any cut off point dates and any dates that seem illegitimate should be considered for that console. 

There's also a trophy timestamp editor for the ps4. They haven't been able to spoof online yet to sync them, but when they do they will be able to manipulate the timestamps with the same precision as they can on ps3. Times like the ones in the glitch will be indistinguishable from edited timestamps.

3 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

There's also a trophy timestamp editor for the ps4. They haven't been able to spoof online yet to sync them, but when they do they will be able to manipulate the timestamps with the same precision as they can on ps3. Times like the ones in the glitch will be indistinguishable from edited timestamps.

People normally get caught for changing their timestamps on PS3 if a web archive page showed that their timestamps were later, I'm sure on PS4 if they change their timestamps then that can be caught. It'll be unbelievable if someone conveniently had a PS4 game unsynced for so long and did those trophies with the console glitch. Another thing will be the fact that some people might try to come up with that excuse but mess up and hack it for dates later than when the exploit worked and I think the exploit stopped working in around 2015 because if it still worked in 2015 I bet we'd see some people with a 30 minute platinum for Super Meat Boy. 

I totally agree with this suggestion. Actually, why isn't this a thing yet? If it looks impossible/out of order or plain hacked, even if the console isn't hack-able by the general public, it doesn't mean it's not possible to actually hack it.

Of course there will be people who will unlock trophies with softwares as those with times that look legit, that already happens for ps3, but that doesn't mean we should stop reporting those who can be 'caught' with not legit trophy lists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

That software was shut down as per recent Sony firmware updates... fyi. 

I love that this thread is a huge advertisement for them though. 

I'm pretty sure if people wanted to cheat, their first resort wouldn't be a topic on psnp saying "Report option for PS4 & Vita"

• Like 3