dontwaketheKIDS

dontwaketheKIDS' Dispute

17 posts in this topic

dontwaketheKIDS

LittleBigPlanet 2
So long ago, but I believe it was a profile sync thing when I played on my friends PS3 and the loaded the profile back to my own PS3. :(

4 minutes ago, dontwaketheKIDS said:

USB drive, if I recall. 

In that case I don't think this will be lifted as its using your own save to get trophies in an impossible order. I was thinking maybe you used the "import character" option in game but I'm not sure if that unlocks trophies. Also wouldn't you have to resign to get this to work on your PS3? 

7 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

In that case I don't think this will be lifted as its using your own save to get trophies in an impossible order. I was thinking maybe you used the "import character" option in game but I'm not sure if that unlocks trophies. Also wouldn't you have to resign to get this to work on your PS3? 

No he wouldn't, your save will work on any ps3 that has your account tied to it :)  though I may have misunderstood what the OP said, was it his or his friends profile he loaded?

However 1 discrepancy I do see, wouldn't all of the trophies have popped when he played on his profile an hour earlier to finish story mode?

Edited by Dark_Overlord

I honestly don't recall, man.  We're talking about a 5/6 year old game and it's been 3+ years since I've played the DLC and I've played a lot of games since then. 

It's hard not feel like I'm getting trolled here. Who are you? Did you report this? Are you some sort of white knight who just registered on the forums, with a fresh PSN account whose only platinum is My Name is Mayo?

5 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

No he wouldn't, your save will work on any ps3 that has your account tied to it :)  though I may have misunderstood what the OP said, was it his or his friends profile he loaded?

However 1 discrepancy I do see, wouldn't all of the trophies have popped when he played on his profile an hour earlier to finish story mode?

Oh I thought saves were console locked /:

5 minutes ago, dontwaketheKIDS said:

I honestly don't recall, man.  We're talking about a 5/6 year old game and it's been 3+ years since I've played the DLC and I've played a lot of games since then. 

It's hard not feel like I'm getting trolled here. Who are you? Did you report this? Are you some sort of white knight who just registered on the forums, with a fresh PSN account whose only platinum is My Name is Mayo?

Uh no this is a new account I made and no, I didn't report this. I don't see how that has anything to do with your dispute..

LBP has a unique system where your savedata is stored in the gamedata, you have to export the savedata so that it appears on the xmb.  You can copy it to another ps3 and then import it on your account on any console back into the gamedata :)

@DarkSamuraii- Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk. It was just a weird thing to log into. I've been a member of the community for a long while and haven't had any similar issues.

9 minutes ago, dontwaketheKIDS said:

@DarkSamuraii- Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk. It was just a weird thing to log into. I've been a member of the community for a long while and haven't had any similar issues.

It's all good :) I know how it seems, but I barely made this account this week. Decided to start fresh because my old account wasn't "legitimate" because of the past but that's for another day.

9 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

LBP has a unique system where your savedata is stored in the gamedata, you have to export the savedata so that it appears on the xmb.  You can copy it to another ps3 and then import it on your account on any console back into the gamedata :)

Ah okay that's good to know. If OP did this I'm not sure if it would be lifted since there's no way to distinguish that method and using external saves.

Edited by DarkSamuraii-

13 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

It's all good :) I know how it seems, but I barely made this account this week. Decided to start fresh because my old account wasn't "legitimate" because of the past but that's for another day.

Ah okay that's good to know. If OP did this I'm not sure if it would be lifted since there's no way to distinguish that method and using external saves.

As I said though the only issue, is the trophy 1 hour before the bulk popped, would the trophy for completing the game have not popped at the same time even if he imported his save?

35 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

As I said though the only issue, is the trophy 1 hour before the bulk popped, would the trophy for completing the game have not popped at the same time even if he imported his save?

Not if he competed it on that console beforehand 

8 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

Not if he competed it on that console beforehand 

Quite true :)  I'm more than happy to believe he completed it again before importing his save :)

I'm afraid, you going to stay flagged it sucks but that are the rules. Always becarefull who you let sign into your account. You got trophies earned that are illegitimate. And this site won't support that. He most be used a save to pop trophies like that. Old game counts towards the flag system it doesn't matter if it's an old game or not. What was the reason of the flag you got?

Edited by TazDevilz1986

Nah, this was done using a downloaded save you found online. I've verified this. You can hide the game to reappear on the leaderboards. If you get 3 flags, you can no longer hide the games to reappear on the leaderboards.

Edited by MMDE

I'll pass. Not hiding it. And I have no idea about a downloaded save from online or how it's verified. But thanks for looking into it though. 

4 minutes ago, dontwaketheKIDS said:

I'll pass. Not hiding it. And I have no idea about a downloaded save from online or how it's verified. But thanks for looking into it though. 

Yeah. Rest assured, I did look into it, and it was a downloaded save. :P 

Edited by MMDE