Slack's motivating list

slaaack1

Not a bad set of platinums, starting out. As one gamer who crossed that 100 platinum milestone recently, my words of advice are to prioritise fun over grinding. Even fun games like WH40K: Space Marine, Rayman Legends and XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within and any RPG will require grinding. It's up to you to decide if you should force yourself through it, or space out the grinding across a long period of time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

Not a bad set of platinums, starting out. As one gamer who crossed that 100 platinum milestone recently, my words of advice are to prioritise fun over grinding. Even fun games like WH40K: Space Marine, Rayman Legends and XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within and any RPG will require grinding. It's up to you to decide if you should force yourself through it, or space out the grinding across a long period of time. 

I concur! I've been on team PlayStation for three years now and I've just now started completing games that are a bit of a grind. Wanted to do a lot of different stories first, taking the time to get the Assassin's Creed platinums now.

@slaaack1 from your list, Teslagrad and The Deadly Tower Of Monsters are a lot of fun to get the platinum in and not really grindy (but require more effort than those auto-pilot Telltale titles). Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is a bit of a grind but lots of fun, I completed that one recently.

Personally I'd also say do yourself a favour and if the game has a story, do a first playthrough without trophy notifications and without looking at the trophy list. Don't get spoiled, get surprised!

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I concur! I've been on team PlayStation for three years now and I've just now started completing games that are a bit of a grind. Wanted to do a lot of different stories first, taking the time to get the Assassin's Creed platinums now.

@slaaack1 from your list, Teslagrad and The Deadly Tower Of Monsters are a lot of fun to get the platinum in and not really grindy (but require more effort than those auto-pilot Telltale titles). Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is a bit of a grind but lots of fun, I completed that one recently.

Personally I'd also say do yourself a favour and if the game has a story, do a first playthrough without trophy notifications and without looking at the trophy list. Don't get spoiled, get surprised!

I don't mind some grind if I'm into the game. However, stuff like Super Meat Boy is way too grindy for me :D 

I'll decide while playing the game... For example I'd plat The Witcher III but I think it will take some time "learning" Death March difficulty. Maybe I feel up to do it some day but for now I just want to play some games I'd have never played I guess :D 

Looking forward to Teslagrad and Deadly Tower of Monsters and other games too.

Btw, little Update:
Almost done with Diablo III storyline. I guess I will add an "inactive games" spoiler soon because I'd like to continue to play games like Diablo III but it needs a kinda huge amount of time to get the right gear to do rifts fast and so on imo.
Not sure what to play next, maybe finish The Vanishing of Ethan Carter or start The Witcher DLCs or a complete new game... So many games to choose :D 

2 hours ago, ZombHunter13 said:

Nice list you got there. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a pretty good game. Though if you are interested in trying the multiplayer, I have to warn you that it is pretty much on it's last legs. Hope you enjoy all the games in your backlog. :)

Yeah, I already played that a lot but I stopped because of other games or university. Should play it again soon. I dont really care for the MP tho, so I guess I dont go for the plat too.

Our lists beauty is the simplicity :D 

Done with Diablo III storyline, moving it to inactive games now. I want to play it more but it needs too much grind for some trophies or even good gameplay right now. One day, its time will come tho :) 

Feeling like Id like to start a complete new game now. Unfortunately I got too many games which I've bought and played for like <10hrs, so I'll choose one of these.... Maybe The Vanishing of Ethan Carter as stated above.

Also, added my short personal rating for completed games (x/10), if anyone is interested in my "opinion" (no space to write my whole opinion) about the games 

Edited by slaaack1

Went through the storyline of Valient Hearts...

What a ride... People said at the end they had to fight back their tears and so was it for me. Stunning game. Everyone who owns this has to play that game... Not even for "playing" but for learning about WW1

Its at 17/20 Trophies atm, not sure if I will 100% it because I'm struggleing with the Karl Trophy and missing the motivation to get all collectibles... Maybe I'll put it on the inacitves-list

Not sure whats next, maybe 100%ing TWD S1 by playing the DLC or Mafia 3 or whatever I want to play next :D 

Pretty stressed with university atm tho

Edited by slaaack1

• 2 weeks later...

Was a little bit inactive for some days due to university and lack of motivation to actually start playing something.

Got more free time now tho so I started Life Is Strange today. I really wanted to play it now so I seconded Mafia 3... Moreover I'm lacking of motivation to "restart" any game from where I stopped playing it some time ago... Needs so much attention and learning how to play it properly and so on... But I guess I have to deal with this and just do it some day to get stuff done. I stick to Life Is Strange for now tho. Already done with E1. Its a quick and easy plat too :D 

Actually not sure if I will restart some of the larger games for now... I kinda want to play some straight forward, not that time comsuming games which have a great story nonetheless at the moment. Lets see if I maybe feel like playing the larger games again soon... I definitely want to play them anyway, just not now :D 

Got some Rocket League trophys from the new DLC while playing.

"Already" (for me its fast but one could complete it in like 12hrs I guess) halfway through Life Is Strange, but its getting kinda lame... Not the story but the gameplay. I'll end the game tho since I want to know the story and its a easy plat.

I have to add the 2 ps+ titles besides Until Dawn to my backlog and I will buy Earths Dawn from sale soon, so I have to add this too.

Plated Life is Strange that night

At the beginning it was ok, got kinda chewy in the middle but got weird but interesting at the end 

The final decision was kinda hard to make... They are both bad imo but you have to choose one of em... :D

Overall I digged the game (mostly because of E5) but gameplay was repetitive in the middle, 8/10

I guess I will play Earths Dawn now

• 5 weeks later...

Was busy with life so no updates for a while...

Meanwhile I finally 100%ed TWD S1 (I only had to complete the 100 Days DLC), afterwards I started Earths Dawn on which I'll work on now.

I joined a community challenge too so I maybe get more motivated :D