Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Trophies!

Isn't there something wrong with the trophy list? I see weird trophies on Crash Bandicoot 2, like the ones related to earning relics or the one for playing as Coco ("Boom Shakalaka! Defeat 5 enemies with Coco's Double Leg Drop."). If my memory doesn't fail me, I don't  remember the player being able to either play as Coco or get any relics at all in Cortex Strikes Back. Is this a mistake and those are trophies taken from Warped or the remake includes this new things?

7 minutes ago, Rober_501 said:

Is this a mistake and those are trophies taken from Warped or the remake includes this new things?

The devs confirmed a while ago that they added relics to all 3 games in the remake, so it seems likely that Coco being playable is legit as well. The developers haven't mentioned Coco being playable yet, but this wouldn't be the first time that a trophy list has spoiled information about content in a game.

39 minutes ago, Rober_501 said:

Isn't there something wrong with the trophy list? I see weird trophies on Crash Bandicoot 2, like the ones related to earning relics or the one for playing as Coco ("Boom Shakalaka! Defeat 5 enemies with Coco's Double Leg Drop."). If my memory doesn't fail me, I don't  remember the player being able to either play as Coco or get any relics at all in Cortex Strikes Back. Is this a mistake and those are trophies taken from Warped or the remake includes this new things?

The games have been totally remade from the ground up. The level designs are the same but new things have been added in- relics from Warped are now in 1 and 2. Coco seems to be a playable character in all 3 games, probably unlockable by completing 1 and 2 respectively. They were touted as "remasters" but that isn't entirely accurate.

6 hours ago, pieroV_86 said:

super excited!!! this was my first game on the ps1 1f60d.png

i think that the trophy "cortex N. Furiated" means forgetting on a level to obtain the purple cristal! i remember not getting the crystal and Cortex yelling at me,that was ilarious!

Makes sense now, I had been wondering that for a bit, but yeah, now that you mention it... so I guess you have to do it a few times before the trophy will pop.  But it sounds like it's a missable one as well if you're not careful.

31 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Makes sense now, I had been wondering that for a bit, but yeah, now that you mention it... so I guess you have to do it a few times before the trophy will pop.  But it sounds like it's a missable one as well if you're not careful.

yeah, i think you purposely have to miss the purple cristal like 2/3 times in a row (it doesn't mean on the same level).

Also, it has to be done right at the beginning, when you entered the first warp room (levels from 1 to 5), when cortex gives you the mission to catch the cristals,

But i was thinking that you have to obtain the gem instead the cristal in order to infuriating cortex (if i recall correctly..oh well, we'll see the 30th of June :D )

6 hours ago, pieroV_86 said:

yeah, i think you purposely have to miss the purple cristal like 2/3 times in a row (it doesn't mean on the same level).

Also, it has to be done right at the beginning, when you entered the first warp room (levels from 1 to 5), when cortex gives you the mission to catch the cristals,

But i was thinking that you have to obtain the gem instead the cristal in order to infuriating cortex (if i recall correctly..oh well, we'll see the 30th of June :D )

Yup, we shall see... I mean I would assume it's the crystal, but who knows :D

I can see that Turtle Woods is gonna be annoying to get the blue gem from according to the wiki page: http://crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/Turtle_Woods needing to get 0 boxes for it.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I can see that Turtle Woods is gonna be annoying to get the blue gem from according to the wiki page: http://crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/Turtle_Woods needing to get 0 boxes for it.

It's not that hard if you don't spin any enemies; at least in the original there is only one mildly tough section where it's hard to avoid boxes, but as long as you only hit the one with multiple wumpas in it you'll probably have nothing to worry about for the rest of the level.

13 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

It's not that hard if you don't spin any enemies; at least in the original there is only one mildly tough section where it's hard to avoid boxes, but as long as you only hit the one with multiple wumpas in it you'll probably have nothing to worry about for the rest of the level.

True, that would make sense about the bounce crates, but hey, I shall attempt it once I get the game... and after I go through the first Crash game too :D

• 5 weeks later...