e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

EA's was indeed pretty boring... Mostly sports and awkwardness...

I liked the new NFS though, it looked a bit like Burnout tbh. But I need to know the structure of the game, the chase was cool and all but I want straight up races to be the focus.

Bioware's Anthem fell a bit flat for me, hope we see a good bit of gameplay tonight at Microsoft's presser.

And that co-op game (A Way Out, I think?) looked interesting, a true couch co-op experience is always welcomed in my book.

Edited by JavaNext

Liked A Way Out. Will buy it for myself and a friend when it hits $20.

Need For Speed looks like a bastardization of Need For Speed, Burnout, Fast and the Furious, and a shameless concept rip off of GTA V. However, it looks more dynamic than it has ever been, so it looks intriguing.

Battlefront 2 really impressed me. Preordered it immediately after.

Rest of the conference was complete and utter dog shit.

EA conferences have never been my cup of tea since a majority of their time is for their sports games. I can see the appeal but that genre isn't for me. I love Star Wars but I've been slowly leaning away from heavily focused multiplayer games so Battlefront II isn't on my radar either. A Way Out was the only memorable game shown from EA, in my opinion.

Should be interesting to see what Bethesda shows. I'm a bit concerned about Microsoft focusing their conference more on the Scorpio rather than the games. I hope they don't do that but I have a feeling they will. 

Edited by BlueDragonRR

Need for speed looked really awesome, haven't played a racing game in a while. (most wanted on the gamecube was the best). 

Anthem looks really interesting, but didn't get a lot of info. Will def be keeping an eye out during the presser. 

Star wars battlefront 2 gameplay vid did not impress me. 

A Way Out looks awesome, can't wait to play with a friend. 

That's about it for me so far

3 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

You were expecting it to be the same price as the Pro? Lmao that's not even possible without Microsoft making a loss per Scorpio sold.

They'll most likely be making a loss at $499 anyway. For the past 3 console generations (with the exception of Wii U and Wii), console manufacturers have had to sell at a loss to meet consumer expectations. Breaking even 2-4 years after the console launches.

1 minute ago, auscomando said:

They'll most likely be making a loss at $499 anyway. For the past 3 console generations (with the exception of Wii U and Wii), console manufacturers have had to sell at a loss to meet consumer expectations. Breaking even 2-4 years after the console launches.

Yeah, but $400 per Scorpio is a tremendous loss, especially when you consider their almighty teraflops.

The word of the day today. Don't make a drinking game out of it, you'll get alcohol poisoning.

• Like 3

Ugh Teraflops are not equal to performance. An impressive number, but it wouldn't compete with a desktop priced maybe $300 more. And graphic card manufacturers don't sell at a loss out of the gate. So scorpio should probably be priced around $650-700 to break even imo(that's taking in account mass production though). 

My metric? 

When a computer/console can run 8k VR at ~120hz, then that will be a changer. (yup I'm skipping right over 4k, and I think some vr manufacturers will too, probably valve(*proud owner of a psvr, it's amazing, just don't think 4k is enough jump for next gen for consumers that aren't interested in vr at all)) 

So we'll see :shrug:

Edited by Dav9834
Buy a psvr you won't regret it, it really is awesome

A Way Out looks very fun. As long as there's online co-op and it's not just splitscreen, I'll definitely pick it up. They may have said that it was online already, but I watch with friends, so we can't always catch everything in the commotion, ahaha.

Seeing the Battlefront chat degenerate into an endless stream of ROGER ROGER was great, though.

• Like 1

EA's conference was okay. The usual updates of each sports game. A Way Out is Co-op only, so probably nothing for me, since I have no one to play with. Need for Speed did look amazing, as did Star Wars Battlefront 2. Maybe I should try out some Multiplayer games after all.

Anthem made me curious, though I can't judge it until they show more of it during the Scorpio presentation.