e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

1 hour ago, I Am Error said:

I wonder if Sony will eventually skip E3 and just worry about showing stuff at  PSX :hmm: 

I'm sure Sony will look after their PSX show as long as it continues to be worthwhile for them, but skip E3?  Nah, I can't see that at all.   I can understand why some might see it as a good idea, but E3 isn't just fan service, they showcase the system and it's wares to gamers outside the Sony world, much like I wouldn't pay attention to an M$ event, I will have a look at their E3 conference.  E3 is the biggest annual event (in the west), for Sony not to be there wouldn't just hurt E3 but Sony themselves, imo of course.

Edited by RedMustang72

as usual TGS > E3

But what really bother me is almost all titles was teased before E3, so what the point?

personal hype is for Dissidia NT

and XBOXONEX was just Hilarious "MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE" rofl ...

Edited by nyantzu1986
add info

37 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

As @HaSoOoN-MHD also thinks, personally I don't mind the combat being less "block-counter" than usual.

The whole block-counter thing was kind of boring and too easy, wasn't it? Like you said before, many people are complaining about the combat and it was a pretty obvious thing that they'd change it and try something new (for the series new). I've never really gotten the whole RPG thing, so who knows, maybe I will enjoy the combat and it'll open my horizon up to a new game's genre :) My disappointment was mainly from the game being so unoriginal, if that makes sense. Assassin's Creed was something new at the time and with this one they seem to take elements from all kinds of games that do well in an attempt to create a mashup of everything. It's like when a series concept on TV gets popular, then there are different variations of it on each network. I do wish they would have reached out to fans to get an idea what most people like so they could explore more based on that instead of looking what is popular and adapting it to the Assassin's Creed universe.

44 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I pre-ordered the Gods Edition, as said this game seems to take the series in exactly the direction I want them to take it in.

I checked the edition out just now because of this and since it includes a map, it's fairly certain there will be a map in the game as well.

48 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's four times the land parts of Black Flag, surely? Four times the full map would be crazy. Unless much is empty sand, in which case: fast travel to discovered spots, please!

It's what they "leaked" months ago (maybe even last year). However, now it seems to be "only" the size of Black Flag (recent source)

49 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Wow, uhm, how long have you got?

Okay, so much of what I like is based on the setting and what it implies, since much of what we know now is just setting stuff.

I like the setting itself of course; I love Egyptian lore almost as much as I love those from Ancient Greece and from the Roman Empire. It's also much more exotic than Paris or London.

I love that it's in a desert place since it's something we did not see a lot of yet in the series.

As said, I like that it's fitted in a setting like the first three games - old civilisation on the remains of an older one. Back to basics.

I like that it's ages ago again, instead of yet more recent than the games before. Addendum: I like that it's not just a big city to explore.

Non-setting stuff:

I like the eagle connection, it's like they tried something in Far Cry Primal and they tweaked it for Assassin's Creed.

It's been said that the game will be getting full-on boss fights, that seems cool.

Wild animals seem to be back once more, which gives exploration more of an edge.

The combat seems cool, if the slowmo arrow and then knife throw combo is an indication.

Main character seems the most interesting one next to Ezio, and Kenway, with Shay close behind the three. Evie was cool but was not allowed to shine and I was not really invested in Arno or Jacob. Addendum: voice with an actual accent instead of plain old British.

I think there was more I liked but I'm tired after a long day of work and I cant really figure out what I'm missing now.

Hm, I've valued your opinion in a lot of the other posts you've made. We have quite a bit in common in what you said in other threads and I do see what you find exciting of the game.

I try and have an open mind with everything, so since you're making compelling arguments, I feel that maybe I judged the game too quickly. Yes, the expectation I had of the direction for the game was not met by a long shot, but yeah, I do see there are plenty of promising things and new elements that I should give a shot.

• Like 1

Soooo, Sony just said they were holding back exclusives at E3 this year.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/sony_we_held_ps4_exclusives_back_from_e3_2017

“There are things we have held [back],” Yoshida laughed. “We chose not to show those at E3 2017, but there will be some more news coming out from our teams later this year. No question.”

PSX might start being bigger than E3 for Sony going forward. Makes sense when they are all alone when doing it in December, all eyes are on them.

Personally thought PSX was better than E3 last year.

Edited by Death_Ninja

I do get this feeling that the current format of E3 is a little outdated and the Devolver Digital stage really highlighted that through it's parodies.

I thought that the Sony stage was actually pretty refreshing, because it was just a showcase of games and had very little of that really cringeworthy forced shite that stages like Ubisoft and Microsoft ran with. Jokes that fall flat, mix-ups, freezes and my least favourite - live demos with people playing as players running off a script. The Anthem live demo was a prime example. I'm a bit phobic of cringeworthy situations and E3 has 'em in bounds.

Some really really cool games though - Wolfenstein 2, God of War & AC Origins were my highlights :)

1 hour ago, nyantzu1986 said:

But what really bother me is almost all titles was teased before E3, so what the point?

My thoughts exactly, I thought E3 was for showing off new titles but the only one bringing many new high profile titles to the presentation was Nintendo. Sony brought one remake (cool though as it will be) and I don't think Microsoft showed odf anything that we did not know about before.

36 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

The whole block-counter thing was kind of boring and too easy, wasn't it? Like you said before, many people are complaining about the combat and it was a pretty obvious thing that they'd change it and try something new (for the series new). I've never really gotten the whole RPG thing, so who knows, maybe I will enjoy the combat and it'll open my horizon up to a new game's genre :) My disappointment was mainly from the game being so unoriginal, if that makes sense. Assassin's Creed was something new at the time and with this one they seem to take elements from all kinds of games that do well in an attempt to create a mashup of everything. It's like when a series concept on TV gets popular, then there are different variations of it on each network. I do wish they would have reached out to fans to get an idea what most people like so they could explore more based on that instead of looking what is popular and adapting it to the Assassin's Creed universe.

I get what you mean by unoriginal. Personally, with these kind of games the story and presentation are more important to me than gameplay specifics. I don't mind something with familiar gameplay if the story is great. The main gameplay aspect of the AC series I enjoy is that it's open worlds, that's still there.

I checked the edition out just now because of this and since it includes a map, it's fairly certain there will be a map in the game as well.

Yeah, likely.

It's what they "leaked" months ago (maybe even last year). However, now it seems to be "only" the size of Black Flag (recent source)

Guess we'll see it when we see it. I hope the desert is traversable.

Hm, I've valued your opinion in a lot of the other posts you've made. We have quite a bit in common in what you said in other threads and I do see what you find exciting of the game.

I try and have an open mind with everything, so since you're making compelling arguments, I feel that maybe I judged the game too quickly. Yes, the expectation I had of the direction for the game was not met by a long shot, but yeah, I do see there are plenty of promising things and new elements that I should give a shot.

Feel free to not be swayed by just my words :) you can always wait for some (p)reviews until you make up your mind, or just wait for some of us here to start playing and check what we have to say about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Well it's been officially confirmed. Yoshida said in a recent interview that Sony held back announcements for later this year.

Which, if you need it spelled out for you, means PSX.

I kind of figured that. That means that what show at PSX will be next years E3.

Boring, boring and boring. The only good thing this year was The Evil Within 2's announcement.

And maybe Monster Hunter, but I've never played a MH before, it looks great though. I was pretty excited with the new Spiderman game too, but overall, the E3 itself was really disappointing this year.

I wished Capcom announced DMC5, Telltale TFTB Season Two, and EA Dead Space 4 and a new SSX... :( 

I think if anything, this E3 pretty much reaffirms my stance that everyone should really do a Nintendo Direct approach. Nintendo got more praise than people would have thought with a 30 minute run time. Enough with the razzle dazzle in press conferences, just comes off as cringe.

And it's not like it's E3's loss either since all of the press conferences are done off premises from the E3 convention anyway.

Can't say I was as excited as last year, but there's definitely a lot of good titles coming soon.

Wolfenstein 2; the new colossus is the game I'm the most excited about, as new order is one of my favorite PS4 game.

God of War 4 looks awesome and definitely a must buy, as well as Destiny 2 and the new Star Wars battlefront. And I can't wait for BF 1 next DLC.

Though nothing about Death Stranding and Red Dead Redemption 2. And I'm not liking the new gameplay of Assassin Creed Origins. It's distance itself too much from the previous games. I'll wait till the reviews come out for it when it's release.

Edited by Pershing24

10 hours ago, nyantzu1986 said:

Can you actually dispute that in any tangible way?

9 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

Soooo, Sony just said they were holding back exclusives at E3 this year.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/06/sony_we_held_ps4_exclusives_back_from_e3_2017

PSX might start being bigger than E3 for Sony going forward. Makes sense when they are all alone when doing it in December, all eyes are on them.

Personally thought PSX was better than E3 last year.

Silly, silly choice it would be tbh.

First of all I think everyone should watch this video, relevant to the conversation right now:

E3 has a certain glamour, a certain level of importance. It's a world wide stage where all eyes are on you, gamers already invested in your product and else wise. Shafting conferences for their own event reduced exposure and robs you of potential customers and future fans.

I sure as hell didn't stay up to ridiculous hours for Sony's event last year; but I definitely stayed up for E3. What's being proposed here is the equivalent of sending the stars of your movie to an obscure German film awards ceremony and then having them skip the Oscars. It just doesn't make sense.

49 minutes ago, Pershing24 said:

Can't say I was as excited as last year, but there's definitely a lot of good titles coming soon.

Wolfenstein 2; the new colossus is the game I'm the most excited about, as new order is one  of my favourite PS4 game.

God of War 4 looks awesome and definitely a must buy, as well as Destiny 2 and the new Star Wars battlefront. And I can't wait for BF 1 next DLC.

though nothing about death stranding and red dead redemption 2. And I'm not liking the new gameplay of assassin creed origins. It's distance itself too much from the previous games. I'll wait till the reviews come in for it we it's release.

You gotta love how Ubisoft seemingly can't win - if they change stuff around its too different and if they stick with the same formula they're ripping you off.

7 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

I think if anything, this E3 pretty much reaffirms my stance that everyone should really do a Nintendo Direct approach. Nintendo got more praise than people would have thought with a 30 minute run time. Enough with the razzle dazzle in press conferences, just comes off as cringe.

And it's not like it's E3's loss either since all of the press conferences are done off premises from the E3 convention anyway.

Well that's just the problem with HOW they are doing their conferences, not THAT they're doing one in the first place.

Everyone already forgot those cringe moments in the Nintendo video because 1) there were only a few, and 2) the games that were announced had enough of a wow factor to make you forget the cringe.

Let's not forget we saw Reggie Fils-Aimé stand in front of a greenscreen claiming to be "right here in LA". Aw, who am I kidding, everybody missed that. Nobody heard anything after they saw the words "Metroid Prime 4" appear.

Point is: Nintendo could have done a conference instead of an online video, and if they'd do it exactly the same way as the video - people talking for a minute at a time, and videos for the rest of it - there wouldn't be any problems at all. Thing is, they try to make the conference into too much of a show these days, while we're just in it for the game announcements.

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

First of all I think everyone should watch this video, relevant to the conversation right now:

Will do later on. Edit: okay, why did you copy the clip starting at over five minutes in? was there something special about that part, or an accident?

E3 has a certain glamour, a certain level of importance. It's a world wide stage where all eyes are on you, gamers already invested in your product and else wise. Shafting conferences for their own event reduced exposure and robs you of potential customers and future fans.

I sure as hell didn't stay up to ridiculous hours for Sony's event last year; but I definitely stayed up for E3. What's being proposed here is the equivalent of sending the stars of your movie to an obscure German film awards ceremony and then having them skip the Oscars. It just doesn't make sense.

Isn't PSX Sony's own event though? The comparison would then be better if your movie and its stars were actually German. Perhaps you feel like it's better to show off your movie to the home front, instead of going to the Oscars and competing with other nations in a spectacle that is more political than anything.

Also:

giphy.gif

You gotta love how Ubisoft seemingly can't win - if they change stuff around its too different and if they stick with the same formula they're ripping you off.

Of course, gotta hate Ubisoft!

AC1: Huh, it's not perfect but it's different.

AC2: Wow, amazing!

Brotherhood: Buh, still good but it's more of the same!

Revelations: Urgh, it's more of the same!

III: Aaargh, they changed the formula, this sucks!

Black Flag: Noooooos, more change! We want classic AC back!

Unity: Blegh, it's just like the old games, do something new already!

Syndicate: Juck, even more of the same, AC is just the same thing every time!

Origins: WÈÈÈÈÈH, THEY CHANGED IT TOO MUCH!

Of course, I highly doubt that there is a single person who has claimed all these things (actually, I don't really doubt it, humans are ftupid), but it goes to show that you can never please everybody. And that the negative crowd is often much more vocal than the positive crowd.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well that's just the problem with HOW they are doing their conferences, not THAT they're doing one in the first place.

Everyone already forgot those cringe moments in the Nintendo video because 1) there were only a few, and 2) the games that were announced had enough of a wow factor to make you forget the cringe.

Let's not forget we saw Reggie Fils-Aimé stand in front of a greenscreen claiming to be "right here in LA". Aw, who am I kidding, everybody missed that. Nobody heard anything after they saw the words "Metroid Prime 4" appear.

Point is: Nintendo could have done a conference instead of an online video, and if they'd do it exactly the same way as the video - people talking for a minute at a time, and videos for the rest of it - there wouldn't be any problems at all. Thing is, they try to make the conference into too much of a show these days, while we're just in it for the game announcements.

Will do later on. Edit: okay, why did you copy the clip starting at over five minutes in? was there something special about that part, or an accident?

Isn't PSX Sony's own event though? The comparison would then be better if your movie and its stars were actually German. Perhaps you feel like it's better to show off your movie to the home front, instead of going to the Oscars and competing with other nations in a spectacle that is more political than anything.

Also:

giphy.gif

Of course, gotta hate Ubisoft!

AC1: Huh, it's not perfect but it's different.

AC2: Wow, amazing!

Brotherhood: Buh, still good but it's more of the same!

Revelations: Urgh, it's more of the same!

III: Aaargh, they changed the formula, this sucks!

Black Flag: Noooooos, more change! We want classic AC back!

Unity: Blegh, it's just like the old games, do something new already!

Syndicate: Juck, even more of the same, AC is just the same thing every time!

Origins: WÈÈÈÈÈH, THEY CHANGED IT TOO MUCH!

Of course, I highly doubt that there is a single person who has claimed all these things (actually, I don't really doubt it, humans are ftupid), but it goes to show that you can never please everybody. And that the negative crowd is often much more vocal than the positive crowd.

Yeah that was a mistake, watch it from the start.

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

And that the negative crowd is often much more vocal than the positive crowd.

Sadly, this is true for almost every game series fanbase.  Sucks to be a gaming company. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Edited by milanbarca82

On 15.06.2017 at 7:07 AM, HaSoOoN-MHD said:
On 14.06.2017 at 8:53 PM, nyantzu1986 said:

Can you actually dispute that in any tangible way?

don't doubt it , but i find this funny, and name too. =)

I dont like AC but if they made it based on this setting, i'd preordered it rightaway:

Spoiler

Numerobis%252C+Otis%252C+Cleopatra+y+Ces

gif

Edited by nyantzu1986
add info

3 hours ago, nyantzu1986 said:

don't doubt it , but i find this funny, and name too. =)

I dont like AC but if they made it based on this setting, i'd preordered it rightaway:

Hide contents

Numerobis%252C+Otis%252C+Cleopatra+y+Ces

gif

The only live action movie in that franchise worth watching, really. I loved the recent computer animated movie.