e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

16 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Hoooooold on lol Different Bioware teams my man lol Anthem is developed by Bioware Edmonton. They are responsible for the original Mass Effect trilogy, not Andromeda.

So, they put the A team on Anthem and the B team on Andromeda. Either way, my favorite series died.

Just now, Splathew said:

So, they put the A team on Anthem and the B team on Andromeda. Either way, my favorite series died.

You aren't even wrong. Makes me really wonder what's gonna happen to DA. I love that series, I hope it doesn't get screwed over too.

5 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

For those of you complaining about the X1 X's price, I'll just leave this here:

sonyprice.jpg

Yes the $599 was absurd, but it's literally the same effect though. The market has shown consumers don't want to pay over $399 for a console anymore.

Side note:I remember Sony suggesting people get a job to pay for a PS3 lol

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 3

I was expecting a little bit more 3rd party(non exclusive) reveals. By sticking to only their exclusives for a lot(which for the most part didn't interest me except a few that I'd put in my backlog) they really didn't have much to stand on when this was supposed to be their big Scorpio reveal. 

It was much like it was predicted by a lot of gaming journalists. 

They did show Life is Strange prequel though! And Anthem looks sweet if not a Destiny copy...

They really needed to pull a lot of market share with this big reveal. 

I almost feel they pulled market share from themselves O_o

I don't think a lot of people will be talking(with anticipation) about the Xbox One X (really bad name... They should have called it xbox 720 imo or Scorpio! Hell it's a lot better!)

I hope they recover, competition is what gave us PS4 and all the games we love on it

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

So far the games from E3 that I am hyped for are;

• Star Wars Battlefront 2 (available on PS4)
  • Metro: Last Light (available on PS4)
  • Anthem (available on PS4)
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (available on PS4)
  • FIFA 18 (available on PS4)
  • A Way Out (available on PS4)
  • Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (available on PS4)

The ONLY XBox exclusive that I'm disappointed about not being able to play is Player Unknown Battlegrounds. 

I haven't seen many games running on Xbox One X outside of AC Origins (Which looks fantastic btw), but needless to say I predicted a 500 dollar price point and I was right. Here is what I will say the Xbox One X being 500 doesn't mean it's the beginning of the end for Microsoft or any of that bullshit. It simply means what I've been saying for the past several months. The X is intended to be a premium product that only appeals to a small minority of 4K TV owners and hardcore Xbox fans. 

500 wasn't ideal, but I think even at 500 the system will still sell fine to the people it is mean't to appeal to. Outside of that though don't expect this system to sell to anyone outside of the people I mentioned earlier. For 99 percent of consumers they will probably walk into a store, see the Xbox One S for 300 and see a Xbox One X for 500 and just buy the S. It's not surprising, but as I've said before the Xbox One S will continue to be where Microsoft sees most of it's revenue. Same thing could be said with Sony and the Slim/Pro. 

Turns out 1 in 5 PS4s sold were PS4 Pro, and I think part of that has to do with the fact that the difference in price between Pro and Slim is 100 bucks. With the price between the S and the X effectively being 200 dollars I can't see it selling well to your average consumer. 

Edited by Ratchet
  • Like 2

Stoked to see Metro Exodus. The details that stuck out most about it were being above ground and taking the mask off and at the end Artyom's name was called out. Not having read the books I wasn't sure which ending of Last Light was going to be used. 

Origins looked great. I'm going to keep an open mind about the changes done even though I'm still a bit skeptical of them. Think someone said the team behind Black Flag is behind Origins so I'm expecting better things now.

Now all I need to see is more KH3.

OG Xbox on Xbox One.

Holy shit, they did it. This is awesome, I am gonna spend so much money on old shit I already have on PS2 or GC because I traded all my Xbox shit back when they fucked E3 '13 hardcore.

... Five minutes later ...

Then again, probably not, because it's not gonna be a straight up "shove in any Xbox disc and go" getup. The rights issues would be so far beyond fucked. First few that come to mind that I would be craving

Battlefront 1 and 2 ... developed by Pandemic, who no longer exist. Published by LucasArts, who no longer exist. Disney may have a deal in place though, who knows.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 ... developed by Treyarch, who still exist. Published by Activision, who lost the license for a bit but then sold old games again but have nothing to do with the new game, not promising.

Tony Hawk 2X, 3, and 4 ... developed by Neversoft, who no longer exist. Published by Activision, who lost the Hawk license at the end of 2015. Not hopeful.

Simpsons Road Rage and Hit & Run ... developed by, I wanna say Vivendi? They exist, but only in name, not the same company. Published by Fox, I know Fox exists but no idea about their old games division, probs more interested in Tapped Out, wouldn't be hopeful on this one.

Vice City, GTA 3, and SA ... dev'd and pub'd by Rockstar, both of whom are still going, but these games are already everywhere, nothing amazing if they come over.

Outside of the GTA trilogy, which I already have on iOS, Android, PS2, used to have on Xbox, PS3, PS4, and my toaster, these are just some of the games I would pay out the ass for to play again in HD, god and may with achievements too, but they won't be coming any time soon in all likelihood, and damn near all the other games I'd be down to replay won't be either. Still a good fucking move by Xbox and let's hope it grows as rapidly as 360 on X1 has.

• Like 1

microsoft keynote was awful nothing but cartoon games to show off the machine which looks nothing amazing! sees all xbox fans want are old games lol they can have it! don't get me wrong I loved the fox tales game but to show off the new console BAD MOVE … ALL THE GAMES WERE LIKE MEH!!! All my ps4 pro games blow all them away! 

• Like 1

Where last year I was watching Sony's and Ubisoft's stuff live, I find myself absolutely not caring this year.

I watched the Assassin's Creed Origins stuff on YouTube (looks awesome, by the way) and I will watch Nintendo's stuff live even though odds are slim they'll bring a good surprise to the table, and other than that I'm really not feeling it.

Going by the comments here, EA still has nothing on a non-Battlefront Star Wars game. Shocker.

I accidentally tweeted 'TERRY CREWS' on my work twitter account... luckily we were livetweeting anyway so people found the admission funny ? Life is Strange prequel had me shook. Xbox lineup looks solid, watercooling is a wicked idea along with backwards compatibility (HELLOOOO SONY!), still going to be faithful to my PS4 tho. 

Tbh nothing interesting from my Microsoft but take it with a grain of salt since Im a Sony fan( no surprise if you're on this site ;) ). Xbox X looks cool but that price point will surely be a problem regardless if it's cheap in comparison to what it can do or not. Ps3 flashbacks anyone? Been said a billion times and it becomes repetitive but it doesnt make it any less true.

As for BC, that's a good move by Microsoft but once again it's nothing crazy at least imo. I always keep all of my consoles from previous gen so if I really wanted to revisit my old games, I'll just boot up the old consoles. I mean why would you sell your old consoles if you have games that you enjoyed playing? 

Anyways, stoked to see what Sony brings this year as last year was just FREAKING awesome! 

Edited by poopooblast
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kimmokissa said:

I'm hoping now that they are bringing original Xbox game titles to Xbone, that i could use discs that i already have. :D

Funny thing is, my original Xbox still runs after 13 years. Now that is quality hardware. Don't make them like that anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahoyimzoe said:

watercooling is a wicked idea 

Ya know right before they announced that it would have watercooling(albeit not the most efficient watercooling) 

I was thinking "welp Red Ring of Death all over again" 

That put me back on the "ok well it shouldn't kill itself". 

I also think it's really awesome of them to name the power regulation after the engineer. That was actually really classy, and I respect that

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1