e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

Thank god Sony's conference is today. It'll be nice to see what a real company is able to deliver after Microsoft's gong show.

All they gotta do is show me Bloodborne 2, Spyro the Trilogy, and Devil May Cry 5 and that will destroy anything Microsoft showed off. 

• Like 2

Can't wait for Sony conference today, but I'm extremely happy that I'll finally be able to play the sequel to Evil Within. I loved the first one so much, to me was indeed a surprise hit that delivered all I wanted in a new survival horror game. 

The best thing about all of this is that will be able to go into the insanity of Akumu sooner than I thought. October can't come soon enough :D

• Like 3

X_boxone_X sooo coool...

I was worried about Metro (love the first two games) and a few games being exclusive but they are confirmed to be TIMED...

The only real exclusives were Forza 7, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and Cuphead (I think). I love Cuphead's art style but the rest is meh.

Assassin's Creed looked great, I think it's time for me to jump back into the series.

Bethesda's conference was odd but I got what I wanted/expect with Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2, so I'm happy and the fact that they both release in 4 months is AMAZING.

So what should we expect from Ubisoft. I know we will see AC Origins, FC5 and the next Just Dance game.

Will we see any surprises or new IP's. I for one would like to see a follow up to Child of Light or a similar game. I know it is a long shot but I would like another Call of Juarez game.

Edited by snakebit10

2 hours ago, Meacham said:

For me so far.. E3 has been pretty underwhelming.

EA Conference: Nothing really interested me, will get FIFA without them showing it. Love playing pro clubs with friends. Star wars 2 looked a big improvement over the first so that was all there was for me in that conference.

Microsoft: Pretty underwhelmed with this to. I'm not interested in X.. I've recently upgraded to PS4 Pro. Will be absolutely no point buying an X. Phil Spencer announced there would be 42 games and 22 of them would be exclusives. I was like damn okay, should be good. Turns out about 15-20 of them are indie games. I don't dislike Indie games but a lot of them get boring fast. I thought Metro was an exclusive and thought ffs. Then it was said Deep Silver has said it's PS4 also. It looks fantastic. Forza does not interest me as I'm not really a fan of racing games and crackdown doesn't do it for me. The only thing I liked the look of from Xbox is Sea of Thieves that looks a lot of fun but it's not something I'm going to re-purchase an Xbox for. Other than that a few games they shown are coming to PS4 like AC:O which looks really good, it looked very witchery to me so that looks awesome. Oh and Anthem, I don't care if it's a rip off of anything, that game looks decent.

Bethesda: In E3 tradition I decided to have a late one and watch this conference and was massively underwhelmed until the very end where Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II was announced. Played only a little bit of the first Evil Within on Xbox and next time it goes on sale on the PS, I'll buy it and play through it. Wolfenstein looks seriously good fun. I'm a little surprised we're playing as BJ again after the first game but I'm sure there will be an explanation in there somewhere. That whole grenade scene was pretty funny.

Ubi up first tonight, hopefully a different segment of AC:O some more south park and hopefully some gameplay of Far Cry 5 and something else. I want a new Splinter Cell. Anyone else? Haven't seen one in a while would be good to get one for next year. Then Sony. I really hope Sony has something good up their sleeve. Some things we haven't seen so far are Call of Duty and FIFA so no doubt we'll be seeing them tonight. Also, hopefully square enix have something KH or FF related but I won't count on it.

TLDR: Everythings been underwhelming so far.

You should play through Evil Within! Such an amazing game, ill give it easily 9/10. but im a huge shinji mikami fan tho :P So i litterally jumped when i saw the trailer for the 2nd one :)

6 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

So what should we expect from Ubisoft. I know we will see AC Origins, FC5 and the next Just Dance game.

Will we see any surprises or new IP's. I for one would like to see a follow up to Child of Light or a similar game. I know it is a long shot but I would like another Call of Juarez game.

Cant wait to see FC5! :)

From sony however: I wanna see TLOU part 2 gameplay(which is problobly not happening) maybe atleast a teaser. 

Death stranding(is not going to happend) Maybe a teaser for this one aswell :)

and i wanna see a release date for GOD OF WAR .

2 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

You should play through Evil Within! Such an amazing game, ill give it easily 9/10. but im a huge shinji mikami fan tho :P So i litterally jumped when i saw the trailer for the 2nd one :)

What I did play was really good. I only played it in segments though as I was working a lot of the time and by the time I wasn't I was already on PS again. ? Shinji Mikami was the original creator of Resi right? Now I know that, I want to play it even more.

I didn't have any expectations for Microsoft's conference this year, so that is probably the main reason of why I enjoyed it a bit. Not because of the lack of exclusives, because frankly, we didn't see any all-time exclusives that we didn't already know about. I enjoyed it because it didn't have any breaks - just games, games, games and more games.

Sony will kill it later though. :awesome:

I only caught the last 30 mins or so of Microsoft. a lot of "Exclusive launch" titles. Some which looked pretty interesting. Nothing stood out all that much though. New Metro, Anthem both have me interested. 

Now, on the other hand. Bethesda, with the whole Bethesdaland thing, was great. straight forward. everything is releasing this year. I do not care about the VR stuff, but i am sure some people will be hyped for that. I however so excited. The Evil within 2, and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. Sign me up on those. Other than that, if you have a switch and want skyrim, you can dress like link. a bit fan service-y but you gotta put something in for Nintendo fans i guess. 

Wanting for sony to kill it tonight. looking for some exclusives. Pretty sure we will get some Call of duty here as well. but everyone talking about BloodBorne 2. I would be so hyped for that. 

1 minute ago, Meacham said:

What I did play was really good. I only played it in segments though as I was working a lot of the time and by the time I wasn't I was already on PS again. 1f601.png Shinji Mikami was the original creator of Resi right? Now I know that, I want to play it even more.

Yup he is the MAN behind Original RESI games, including resi4. if you look closely at the design on the 1st evil within, you get RESI4 feeling(what i mean is, the setting is similiar in some areas to RE4) :) thats what i got when i played it tho.

• Like 1

Just now, DividedByMankind said:

Yup he is the MAN behind Original RESI games, including resi4. if you look closely at the design on the 1st evil within, you get RESI4 feeling(what i mean is, the setting is similiar in some areas to RE4) :) thats what i got when i played it tho.

Yeah, The atmosphere was very familiar even though I've never played Resident Evil 4 (shocking I know) seen a few live streams and youtube videos over the years though so got an idea. Well, thanks for the information. Looking forward to it and then the sequel in a few months! BONUS

• Like 1

I just got done watching the Bethesda conference, and holy shit, the official announcements of The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus got me so damn excited! I knew they were coming of course thanks to the leak/teaser, but the trailers were so well done. Wolfenstein: The New Order is still the finest singleplayer FPS this generation in my opinion and I love The Evil Within. That game was underrated.

I didn't care for anything else at their conference, but even so, two games I'm really looking forward to is more than enough. It got a much better reaction out of me than both EA or Microsoft's conferences combined. I expect Sony's conference is going to have an easy win this year. They don't have to do much to top the others unlike with other years. I'm looking forward to watching that later.

13 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Again, you'd be praising Sony if they were the ones advertising the strongest console on the market. I don't remember anyone accusing Sony of ''waving their dick around'' when they took cheap potshots at Microsoft when the PS4 was shown at E3. It's a premium product for people who want the absolute most out of their console games; all these impressive looking games were supposedly being run on the system so its value will truly show once we see them being played on something else so we can judge the parity between the old systems and the new.

You clearly didn't see me bashing the PS4 Pro reveal. ?

Edited by Undead Wolf

16 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I actually watched the PC Gaming Conference...

Why did I do that...? 2 hours of ABSOLUTE SHIT! ABSOLUTE NOTHING! 

And they finish the conference with...

AGE OF EMPIRES REMASTER! O.O

Only to disappoint everyone with how badly it looks...

o34OeqS.jpg

Seriously though, I don't know why you would torture yourself with that. Do they ever announce anything interesting at that conference? It's your fault for expecting anything more. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Yet i'm sure you'd be singing Sony praises for ''having the strongest system on the market'' if it was them on the stage. I forgot the most annoying bit of MS conferences: the people trying to downplay everything they do once its over.

I don't give a shit about power of console. If they talked about BS parameters, I would stop listening like I did with XXX.

If you didn't realize, I still didn't come to like PS4 and Pro is pure stupidity in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Seriously though, I don't know why you would torture yourself with that. Do they ever announce anything interesting at that conference? It's your fault for expecting anything more. :P

I want some cringiness :awesome: 

And my daily dose of 4K :awesome: 

Though, I forgot most important thing.

Devolver won E3. No one can say anything else. 

Nuff said, Devolver simply presented the peak of E3.

Everytime someone says 4K or it shows 4k on screen you have to drink ..... ok better dont make drinking game out of this ... dont want to die .....

Seriosly , i dont get the whole 4k crap ,  and 60 fps thing ..... i mean some games you feel different between 30 and 60 fps , but some pc gamers talk about 120fps or higher and i really dont think they can see different between 80 -120  fps ..... 

I buy an 4k screen when they are cheaper ..... maybe around the time everyone talks about 8k or 16k .

• Like 1

The best news for me was evil within 2! Finally the game will not get stuck to the old generation and finally will have quality graphics, I'm sure it will be one of the games that will not disappoint me ! Hell yeah :D

Edit : And AC: Origins with a far cry primal touch :P

Edited by Rose Amicitia
  • Like 1