ending discussion... (SPOILER)

zeit86geist

the cutscene in the mid. of the game, where the father tries to reach out for the son on the ship, was a bummer. but the ending where the father hugs the boy/imagination and the mother joins them (secret ending) and they let his cape flow with the wind hit really hard. especially with the trophy description "To let go - Accept things as they are." what's your opinion on the game especially the ending...

Edited by zeit86geist

Whole game is full depression. Only First chapter was bright and possibly normal.

If you have a good mood on this day - this game will fix this fast for some players.

Maybe this game is - masterpiece in some angles, but not for everyone.

ICO - was also little depressive, but way much better.  (ICO - because those both are little familiar, only don't think what this is like ICO, this one is about something else....)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rime is one of the best games i've played in 2017. it took me some time to get into it due to all those riddles ( played without a guide ) but the story is mindblowing and so beautiful. depressive is just one way to look at the events. there is so much more beneath the core of letting someone go. it's the process of dying, of handling death and the philosophical question  about "what happens to your soul? is there some kind of a transcendental journey into the beyond?" 

so thankful for this game.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started to realize the kid we're playing as, Enu was dead in Chapter four. One of the keyholes showed the "father" on top of the world while the kid was upside, under. 

All the spirits we were seeing started to make sense.

Edited by Gryfter

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't my kind of game so it took me a while to get into it (I started liking it more after the sentinels were introduced) but the ending really hit me lol. I kind of had an inkling about what the ending might have been since someone in the youtube comments section for one of the chapter guides unintentionally spoiled the ending by saying they thought Enu was dead or in limbo. I wasn't expecting it to be about the father though.

• 2 weeks later...

Rime was a great game, I enjoyed the journey of what the main character went through, having the fox guide you and sentinel protect you and sacrifice himself to let you continue your journey the thing that really bugs me is what is this journey for. Is it to find his way into the afterlife with his mother ( secret ending ) or the chapters represent his fathers emotions which brings the things that the kid goes through. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/11/2018 at 9:09 AM, Strike-Runner said:

Rime was a great game, I enjoyed the journey of what the main character went through, having the fox guide you and sentinel protect you and sacrifice himself to let you continue your journey the thing that really bugs me is what is this journey for. Is it to find his way into the afterlife with his mother ( secret ending ) or the chapters represent his fathers emotions which brings the things that the kid goes through. 

I think the journey represents the connection between the father and the son. Father can't let go of the dead son and the son can't let go of the father and he is not ready to go to afterlife. As the player character/ the son travels trough the limbo, the stages of fathers grief change until the son sets his fathers mind free from the chains. At the end father accepts his sons death cause he knows that the son is with her mother again, united in afterlife.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 7:33 AM, closertim said:

Only played the game for the easy trophies.  Didn't really have a clue what the story was about to be fair.  

Cool, I thought I was the only one that didn't understand every little detail of the game. Internet is flooded with people that got the whole thing many hours before the end. I didn't play it looking for an emotional connection, in fact I always felt that the game was forcing me to feel something, so I think that that prevented me to get the whole thing until the very end. 

Edited by GoldenShaka

7 hours ago, lebo-leo said:

I think the journey represents the connection between the father and the son. Father can't let go of the dead son and the son can't let go of the father and he is not ready to go to afterlife. As the player character/ the son travels trough the limbo, the stages of fathers grief change until the son sets his fathers mind free from the chains. At the end father accepts his sons death cause he knows that the son is with her mother again, united in afterlife.

Thanks for making me understand it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...