Beware of account thieves.

AzlanKH

Just now, Kishnabe said:

I block or send a troll response. Usually they say they will offer you a Sony Promotional Gift Card.

Yes, best way to handle stuff like this, like trolling an IRS scammer on the phone, waste their time, haha.

11 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

You'd think this kind of stuff is common sense, but I suppose younger kids can get manipulated by this kind of stuff more easily.

Nevertheless thanks for letting the community know about unscrupulous actions like these.

No problem, It felt like the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Just now, PaperMonkeyBoy said:

You have to be a special kind of retarded to accept an offer from that dude in the first place.

There are people with a retardation, yeah... And there are kids, they have to be careful with these kind of people.
And there also are greedy people who want more games... And believe me, they will take the bait from such account thieves.
Happenned to my 7 year old boyo with some guy in Malta.
BEWARE!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Things like this are another reason why I don't want a ps4. Things like game share are so unnecessary that I hate that is an option it turns out like this

It can be used in a positive and negative way, example: 2 siblings that share games from their accounts, that's great...
And the negative way... Yeah... account thieves, baiters...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

But gamesharing is not a feature, it is literally giving another person your login info and letting them play your games. It's against Sony'sToS and is not a legit option for gamers.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also!
It was a real mess in the PS3 days, 5 PS3's on one account... The PS4 is more "limited" if that makes any sense?

11 minutes ago, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

There are people with a retardation, yeah... And there are kids, they have to be careful with these kind of people.
And there also are greedy people who want more games... And believe me, they will take the bait from such account thieves.
BEWARE!

I'm sure the hacker from Malta was a Templar. :pimp:

Just now, PerryToxteth said:

I'm sure the hacker from Malta was a Templar. :pimp:

Technically it wasn't hacking, my son wasn't careful with his info... :D:D:)
Kids....

Just now, angelgrievous said:

and what exactly is a special kind of retarded?  Not to be a SJW or anything but this term gets used way too often in the absolute wrong context.  There is nothing wrong with being mentally retarded as it is most often a birth or early infancy manifistation.  It's like saying you'd have to be a special kind of (insert race/gender/sexual preference/religious or otherwise derogatory slang term) to accept an offer from that dude in the first place.  Sorry to call you out but come on.  Think about what you post before posting please.

100% right, and well said!

26 minutes ago, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

BEWARE!

yep! i know a kid that was tricked too :/, thank you for warning!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

But gamesharing is not a feature, it is literally giving another person your login info and letting them play your games. It's against Sony'sToS and is not a legit option for gamers.

Oh. You're right that it ain't a feature where I thought sony made gamesharing a feature at first back when I read a topic on this wesite. I don't know the eay i read it made my mind think like that though. Mostly I may change on saying the more people who use a latest console tends to do these stuff, I stay away from it and always be safe by not going to these online chats and stuff.

57 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

• Like 1

Who the hell is this stupid to fall for this kind of thing?

My 17 year old cousin asked me for my details so he could gameshare my PS3 games a few years ago. I laughed and said no.

I refuse to believe someone would do this for a complete stranger. Different story if you're living with a friend or a significant other and you take turns buying games and shit, but I just don't want to ever put my account in a situation where it could be banned.

Plus I don't trust anybody, lol.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

Hello there PSNP family!
I hope you're well.

There is this guy on the PSNP PS4 community who adds up trophy hunters and asks them for a game share,
Please think before you give away any of your personal info, lads... Especially the young folks, save up money for your games and don't let people manipulate you into 'gameshare'.
Gameshare is against the TOS of Sony.

I will post some pictures for you guys to see what I mean.
And you also can see how I dealt with it in a funny way.

He asked a LOT of people, not only me.

Sincerely,
Fouad

2q1z8qr.jpg

qph1fm.jpg

I have game shared with many people online. Nothing wrong with it if you know what you're doing. Even if someone steals your account there's ways around it. Look at the top trophy hunters they all game share. This post is kind of useless IMO because its common knowledge.

15 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Oh. You're right that it ain't a feature where I thought sony made gamesharing a feature at first back when I read a topic on this wesite. I don't know the eay i read it made my mind think like that though. Mostly I may change on saying the more people who use a latest console tends to do these stuff, I stay away from it and always be safe by not going to these online chats and stuff.

I think you were mistaking it with Share Play.

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Let's see, the majority of posters in this thread with opposite responses indicate otherwise. If a PSA can benefit a single person it is time well spent, so kudos to the OP for sharing!

Oh and I consider myself a trophy hunter and I would never, ever gameshare.

Which is why you will never be near the top on the leaderboard. Why do you think people in the top 50 have so many games?