Beware of account thieves.

AzlanKH

On 6/11/2017 at 6:53 PM, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

Hello there PSNP family!
I hope you're well.

There is this guy on the PSNP PS4 community who adds up trophy hunters and asks them for a game share,
Please think before you give away any of your personal info, lads... Especially the young folks, save up money for your games and don't let people manipulate you into 'gameshare'.
Gameshare is against the TOS of Sony.

I will post some pictures for you guys to see what I mean.
And you also can see how I dealt with it in a funny way.

He asked a LOT of people, not only me.

Sincerely,
Fouad

2q1z8qr.jpg

qph1fm.jpg

Technically he isn't a scammer unless someone here can confirm that he just steals accounts...innocent until proven guilty!!! 

2 hours ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Technically he isn't a scammer unless someone here can confirm that he just steals accounts...innocent until proven guilty!!! 

He sends people different pictures, I have gotten lots of messages that this guy is bothering people... you should be a lawyer man... This guy scams people... PERIOD.

On 12/06/2017 at 6:01 PM, KRATOS_31090 said:

Which is why you will never be near the top on the leaderboard. Why do you think people in the top 50 have so many games?

Most of us don't give a f*ck about our leaderboard position.  We know that people in the top 50 are, more likely than not, cheaters, and we don't wish to be counted amongst their ranks.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Most of us don't give a f*ck about our leaderboard position.  We know that people in the top 50 are, more likely than not, cheaters, and we don't wish to be counted amongst their ranks.

They account share with other people. That's why they are able to have over 1000 games to their profiles with a trophy average of 16 - 20+ trophies earned per day.

Plus the #1 guy Hakoom (who was banned from this website due to advertising his own website) goes on strangers accounts to earn trophies for them. You want that Ninja Gaiden platinum? That's fine as long as you pay him hundreds of dollars.

Just depressing. If you can't get a trophy you can't get it. Just need to know when to move on.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

$10 says this guy is in cahoots with them

?

35 minutes ago, Spaz said:

They account share with other people. That's why they are able to have over 1000 games to their profiles with a trophy average of 16 - 20+ trophies earned per day.

Plus the #1 guy Hakoom (who was banned from this website due to advertising his own website) goes on strangers accounts to earn trophies for them. You want that Ninja Gaiden platinum? That's fine as long as you pay him hundreds of dollars.

Just depressing. If you can't get a trophy you can't get it. Just need to know when to move on.

I agree, a true trophyhunter is a lone wolf who does everything by own hands :D

On 12/06/2017 at 8:13 PM, MojoNJojo said:

^ I wuold definately trust someon so well English speaking.

?

Honestly, this kind of "trick" is really annoying. I have a secondary account that I use for multiplayer games or a few solo games that hasn't many trophies and I've got problems with it too. 

Not the gameshare problem, but I get tons of spams with "psn gift cards" and all, it happened way too many times in a few days. Of course, I always turn down the offer but geez, give people a break, ugh.

2 hours ago, Aya Saibara said:

1f602.png

Honestly, this kind of "trick" is really annoying. I have a secondary account that I use for multiplayer games or a few solo games that hasn't many trophies and I've got problems with it too. 

Not the gameshare problem, but I get tons of spams with "psn gift cards" and all, it happened way too many times in a few days. Of course, I always turn down the offer but geez, give people a break, ugh.

Same here, my second account is full of spam, i used to believe that psn card scam when on ps3 in my younger days.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

If people are willing to pay I don't see anything wrong with what Hakoom is doing. Extra money so he can buy more games..

4 hours ago, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

Hakoom charges 400 dollar for the 3 uncharted games on ps3... a rip off clearly...

But anyway... The bias is strong with this one...

Those games aren't difficult at all. It's sad and pathetic when you rely on someone to platinum games for you. 

Hakoom wants $1000 for a Ninja Gaiden platinum. 

It's almost the same as game sharing with a stranger. Basically giving your account info to someone and if they get Sony to ban it because they hacked or did other exploits, you're pretty much screwed. 

Stick to trophy hunting by yourself (apart from boosting). You'll feel better in the long term.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Isn't game sharing that thing where you can watch another friend play a game? I'm not talking about streaming but I know it's called share something. I think I done it once or twice to decide if I wanted to buy a game or not.

That's Share Play. Not the same thing. One gives the other your login info, and the other is a feature implemented by Sony that let's you share your games with friends/relatives. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Isn't game sharing that thing where you can watch another friend play a game? I'm not talking about streaming but I know it's called share something. I think I done it once or twice to decide if I wanted to buy a game or not.

Nope, that's shareplay. This is when you give someone your login ID, for so to download some of your games to play just as they like. It involves setting their ps4 to primary for that specific account, then when signing out they have full accses to your game.

Edit: Got beaten to it. Oh well, tried to explain a bit in detail though.

Edited by OJ9999vr
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 6:56 PM, Superstarmaste1r said:

Things like this are another reason why I don't want a ps4. Things like game share are so unnecessary that I hate that is an option it turns out like this

I really hope you were kidding when you typed this out lol. You can easily just block the person and continue on with your day. I've done it lots with the people trying to give me free PS+ and Store cards...

Just now, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I really hope you were kidding when you typed this out lol. You can easily just block the person and continue on with your day. I've done it lots with the people trying to give me free PS+ and Store cards...

I'm serious actually where I know that's a better way, but I rather not going to be involved if the community is like that especially to a new console that I stay away on getting a ps4 because of that.

18 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

I'm serious actually where I know that's a better way, but I rather not going to be involved if the community is like that especially to a new console that I stay away on getting a ps4 because of that.

I have my messages set to Friends Only. Blocks any of this and those PSN generator spam messages.. But the thing is, this isn't a PS4 thing. Game sharing is different than Share Play. And unlike Share Play, can be done on any PlayStation system. It's giving your account info to someone, so they can log into their system as you. But when you do that, they can change your password, and you end up losing everything..

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

I have my messages set to Friends Only. Blocks any of this and those PSN generator spam messages.. But the thing is, this isn't a PS4 thing. Game sharing is different than Share Play. And unlike Share Play, can be done on any PlayStation system. It's giving your account info to someone, so they can log into their system as you. But when you do that, they can change your password, and you end up losing everything..

Even though i put anyone can message me where I aware of blocking someone if they spam or what not that I know how I used to get them on ps3 but only those scams psn messages, Hadn't had that, but I saying if you use a recent console, most likely unless if you set the settings I would see those type of responses that I glad I stay away from it due to more people using the ps4 of the spambots of some people, the lesser of how ps3 is that mostly ps4 involves advanced party chats and invites to communities.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Those games aren't difficult at all. It's sad and pathetic when you rely on someone to platinum games for you. 

Hakoom wants $1000 for a Ninja Gaiden platinum. 

It's almost the same as game sharing with a stranger. Basically giving your account info to someone and if they get Sony to ban it because they hacked or did other exploits, you're pretty much screwed. 

Stick to trophy hunting by yourself (apart from boosting). You'll feel better in the long term.

That's the truth!

On 6/11/2017 at 6:53 PM, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

Hello there PSNP family!
I hope you're well.

There is this guy on the PSNP PS4 community who adds up trophy hunters and asks them for a game share,
Please think before you give away any of your personal info, lads... Especially the young folks, save up money for your games and don't let people manipulate you into 'gameshare'.
Gameshare is against the TOS of Sony.

I will post some pictures for you guys to see what I mean.
And you also can see how I dealt with it in a funny way.

He asked a LOT of people, not only me.

Sincerely,
Fouad

2q1z8qr.jpg

qph1fm.jpg

Yeah, I've only gs'd and been gs'd with by close friends -- people I've known since on PSN since 2011 days. That's how I got the BO1 dlcs, but here's something to take note of: Don't use the same username as your PSN on other sites, or make your public profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo) known, as people can and will use sites like leakbase to browse for details, especially if they know your email.