Gil/platinum ingot farming

zombiesateme

I'm trying to go after the Adamantortoise but not sure what I'm doing wrong. My primary group has Fang, Lightning, and Hope. Fang has a lvl3 weapon and the other 2 have lvl2 weapons all with instant stagger and maxxed chrysrariums. I have 1 pair of sprint shoes but nothing that really boosts my defense. What is a strategy that I can use to kill them quickly and without using Vanille's death ability since it never works for me or without summoning an Eidolon.

I don't have Genji gloves. Trying to get them but I can't clear the missions that drop them and I'm already max level. Again I try following the guides that show how to clear them but everything they hit me with takes too long to recover from and mission 51 hits me with doom.

I used Fang as party leader, with Vanille and Hope as backup. Start out in a SYN/SYN/SYN paradigm, and make sure protect, faith, and bravery are cast on everyone. Do this as quickly as possible, then shift to COM/RAV/RAV with Fang as COM. Attack one of the legs briefly, then immediately switch to RAV/RAV/RAV to create the stagger. Once the leg is staggered, go back to COM/RAV/RAV and use Fang's Highwind special ability to take out the leg. Sometimes Highwind takes out the leg in one go, other times not. Use Highwind as many times as necessary. 

Chances are you'll need to heal with a MED/MED/MED paradigm at some point during the stage outlined above. Once the first leg is down, repeat the same process with the other leg - don't worry about reapplying buffs, as hopefully they should still be there. When both legs are down, the Adamantortoise will collapse. Immediately switch to SAB/RAV/SAB, with Hope as the lone ravager. Make sure deprotect, deshell, slow and imperil are cast on the Adamantortoise. When they are, switch to RAV/RAV/RAV and stagger him, and make sure his stagger percentage goes above 900%! When he's staggered above 900%, switch to COM/COM/COM and let him have it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I used Fang as party leader, with Vanille and Hope as backup. Start out in a SYN/SYN/SYN paradigm, and make sure protect, faith, and bravery are cast on everyone. Do this as quickly as possible, then shift to COM/RAV/RAV with Fang as COM. Attack one of the legs briefly, then immediately switch to RAV/RAV/RAV to create the stagger. Once the leg is staggered, go back to COM/RAV/RAV and use Fang's Highwind special ability to take out the leg. Sometimes Highwind takes out the leg in one go, other times not. Use Highwind as many times as necessary. 

Chances are you'll need to heal with a MED/MED/MED paradigm at some point during the stage outlined above. Once the first leg is down, repeat the same process with the other leg - don't worry about reapplying buffs, as hopefully they should still be there. When both legs are down, the Adamantortoise will collapse. Immediately switch to SAB/RAV/SAB, with Hope as the lone ravager. Make sure deprotect, deshell, slow and imperil are cast on the Adamantortoise. When they are, switch to RAV/RAV/RAV and stagger him, and make sure his stagger percentage goes above 900%! When he's staggered above 900%, switch to COM/COM/COM and let him have it.

This is more or less what I did too, only I used Fang, Lightning, and Hope.

1 hour ago, zombiesateme said:

I don't have Genji gloves. Trying to get them but I can't clear the missions that drop them and I'm already max level. Again I try following the guides that show how to clear them but everything they hit me with takes too long to recover from and mission 51 hits me with doom.

Sounds like you're doing something wrong if you can't clear it at max level. What's your strategy for the fight?

Everyone seems to be doing it the hard way. Use the Sazh trick, make them mince meat really quick.

Each to their own of course, I just found this the most easiest and quickest.

Then the TP you lose can be gotten from the other enemies in that area. Run back to the save point, save and quit. Reload and everyones there again.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@Meacham Damn they rekt that Adamantoise lol.

Actually, I have found my wn method for farming gil, and surprisingly doesn't volve the Adamantoise/tortoises. Here is what I do to get gil:

At the Tessarects save point, there is a group of 3 Sacrifices to the left, and a group of 4 Sacrifices to the right. What I do is go in with Lightning, Fang, and Hope, and kill both groups, which nets me around 1-2 scarletites and/or perfumes. The scarletites sell 7000 for one, and perfumes sell for 12500. I can kill both groups in less that 4 minutes, and when both groups are gone, I go to the Narthex portal (the one that leads to final boss), and then teleport back to the Tessarects. The 2 groups respawn, and I get to repeat the process, thus saving me time.

Here are my stats:

Lightning: Ultima Weapon (with quick stagger) level 16, Connoisseur Catalog (*), Whistlewind Scarf (2 of them at level 1), and Hunter's Friend (level 1) Passive abilities are Quick Stagger, Item Collector, ATB Advantage x2, Kill: Libra, ATB Rate +10%, and Random: Instant Chain.

Fang: Pandoran Spear (level 1), Genji Glove, Champion's Badge (*), Collector Catalog, and Growth Egg (because I don't have everyone with maxed out roles at the time of posting this). Passive abilities are  Improved Debilitation, Uncapped Damage, Resist Physical +30%, Item Scavanger, and CP x2.

Hope: Vidofnir (level 1), Survivalist Catalog (for shits and giggles), Champion's Badge, Collector's Catalog, and Speed Sash. Passive abilities are Defense Maintenance, Shroud Scavenger, Victory: TP Charge, Item Scavenger, Kill: ATB Charge, and Random: Instant Chain.

Paradigms are (with Lightning as leader):

COM COM RAV

RAV COM RAV

MED SEN MED

MED SEN SYN

SYN SEN SYN

RAV SAB RAV

All I do is have SYN SEN SYN set to default, wait until Hope gives everyone Haste, then switch to the last paradigm to debuff enemies until staggered, and deal a lot of damage with RAV COM RAV paradigm. The group of 3 dies within less than 2 minutes, while the group of 4 dies within less than 3 minutes, maybe less than 2 on a good run. Ultimately, I look at about 4-5 minutes that net me anywhere from 19500-39000 gil from 2 battles. I know that this isn't the best method to get gil, but find this a lot less stressful than playing with the Death ENG spell, and, if you're lucky, get at least 1 Platinum Ingot.

And yes, I know that you need the Dark Matter/Trapezohedrons for transforming certain weapons and accessories, but I haven't even reached the second phase of each character's weapons yet.