Low levels need to stay away from higher difficulties

local_jesster

I know you guys want to your trophies, but please don't go to any of the higher difficulties until you have a perk of the proper level and you know what you're doing. So many low leveled people are flocking to the higher difficulties and are severely messing over the people who actually want to play. 

• Like 4

perk level is irrelevant. a level 0 can come from pc version and be a veteran at the game having more knowledge of the game then any guy in the party. yes perk bonuses make higher difficulty more managable but don't go and vote kick every low level joining until your are certain they are not up the challenge. here's a psycho video beating HOE at level 0. also have a friend on pc who beated a 6man faked (1 player but 6man balance) on HOE at level 10. 

• Like 1

Yeah it seems obvious to not attempt higher levels, but most of these people are probably not trophy hunters, they just have a free game on PS+ and don't care.
Lots of them are piggybacking the higher level games, even though it doesn't rank you up much to get a win.

But hey it's the internet, people are assholes in general.  Same for gaming, they don't care. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelgrievous said:

ehh, I know I'm going to get flak for this but... it's their game, they can play whatever they want.  Now, I'm not trying to incite any argument or say what you are saying is wrong per se but if the game doesn't include some form of matchmaking, well, there is no way for people to know where to jump in at.  I'm talking casual players of course.  Most of us that frequent gaming forums know these things but we can't really expect Joe from down the street that just got off work and has a new game via PS+ to know this.  OP, you didn't come in here slamming people for being noobs and I respect that.  Maybe send a friendly message to people telling them what you've said here.  I'm a scrub at Battlefield 1 but that sure as shit aint gonna stop me from playing.  Sorry guys.  But yeah, play with friends.

Common sense would make people realize that it's not fun to lose time and time again by playing low level and bringing down your team. 
As a primarily solo player I want to value my time spent in matches and "guarantee" a victory, playing with higher leveled people is more reassurance of success. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, imOvray said:

perk level is irrelevant. a level 0 can come from pc version and be a veteran at the game having more knowledge of the game then any guy in the party. yes perk bonuses make higher difficulty more managable but don't go and vote kick every low level joining until your are certain they are not up the challenge. here's a psycho video beating HOE at level 0. also have a friend on pc who beated a 6man faked (1 player but 6man balance) on HOE at level 10. 

Holy puck, here i am dying like <1 min in HoE

Agreed with everyone who suggested to group up with friends. I grouped up with two of my friends who've been playing the game and the rest of us had no idea what we were doing. Although, it didn't take that long (one round) to grasp how to play the game. This game is like 10 times better when playing with friends though.

On 6/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, imOvray said:

lets be logical that video and the odds of that are happening are once in a lifetime and slim to none. 

i have a hard enough time playing anything more then normal with anyone and then barely beating the bosses then half the time. i ended up finally just playing online alone on suicide. the few times i did try to join online harder levels everyone was level 1-3. i left immediately knowing there was no way they could beat the boss if they even made it that far. even on normal if you dont have at least a level 8 helping you your going to lose. especially if its the patriarch. im glad im finally done with this game. it was fun at first but so repetitive and long to get to evel 25 as the firebug. i hate when people do that on games they first start off on hardcore like they think they are that awesome that they arent going to immediately get wiped out or something. ive learned my lesson from other games to just leave

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

Much more fun to stick playing with friends. Unfortunately a lot of people jumping in to top difficulty at low level are doing so as they know a glitch that allows them to be invincible.

This really sucks the fun out of it because suddenly a manic game that required skill and solid team work is no longer challenging. These people really suck the enjoyment out of it.

On 2017-06-16 at 5:05 AM, melodicmizery said:

lets be logical that video and the odds of that are happening are once in a lifetime and slim to none. 

i have a hard enough time playing anything more then normal with anyone and then barely beating the bosses then half the time. i ended up finally just playing online alone on suicide. the few times i did try to join online harder levels everyone was level 1-3. i left immediately knowing there was no way they could beat the boss if they even made it that far. even on normal if you dont have at least a level 8 helping you your going to lose. especially if its the patriarch. im glad im finally done with this game. it was fun at first but so repetitive and long to get to evel 25 as the firebug. i hate when people do that on games they first start off on hardcore like they think they are that awesome that they arent going to immediately get wiped out or something. ive learned my lesson from other games to just leave

wat, patriarch is far easier. All you need is to not be dumb and be insta-blown up by him, which isn't that hard. i beat him 19/20 times.

On 2017-6-20 at 10:30 AM, Elvick_ said:

wat, patriarch is far easier. All you need is to not be dumb and be insta-blown up by him, which isn't that hard. i beat him 19/20 times.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but there's no point or validity on saying that when you haven't won a match on Hard or above difficulty.

• Like 1

having a ton of fun with this.  I thought it was pretty obvious to leave the harder settings to higher perk levels.  I've just done the boss on normal and i'm level 11 :-)

Is it just me or do the bosses have more health on MP?  On solo i can take them down quite easily

6 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

having a ton of fun with this.  I thought it was pretty obvious to leave the harder settings to higher perk levels.  I've just done the boss on normal and i'm level 11 :-)

Is it just me or do the bosses have more health on MP?  On solo i can take them down quite easily

Way more health in multiplayer, the game scales based on how many players are in the game.  Since you're level 11, you're plenty high enough to play on hard now.  Hard isn't much more difficult, but after that Suicidal is a much bigger jump in difficulty.  You (and your teammates) need to know their stuff to win on Suicidal consistently.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jordache7k said:

Way more health in multiplayer, the game scales based on how many players are in the game.  Since you're level 11, you're plenty high enough to play on hard now.  Hard isn't much more difficult, but after that Suicidal is a much bigger jump in difficulty.  You (and your teammates) need to know their stuff to win on Suicidal consistently.

we are getting the boss on Hard each time but either one of them takes us down - once you lose one player its so hard to come back from that on the boss.

If anyone has any good tactics for either boss i'd really appreciate it :-)

5 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

we are getting the boss on Hard each time but either one of them takes us down - once you lose one player its so hard to come back from that on the boss.

If anyone has any good tactics for either boss i'd really appreciate it :-)

Pay attention to the boss's dodgeable attacks-  The Patriarch telegraphs his machine gun and rockets, which you wanna run away from.  Volter's red grenades you can (try to) run away from too.  Killing Volter's shield quickly is important to reduce the chance he grabs someone and heals.  If you have low health it's okay to be less aggressive and heal up, like you said losing a player on the boss makes it a lot more difficult.

• Like 1

There's nothing more annoying than randumbs playing on harder difficulties when they should be playing on Normal. 

Another thing is randumbs choosing the Field Medic and yet they can't heal you even though you're just beside him/her, it just forces me to change my class to Field Medic. I usually try to start a vote kick randumbs like that, no matter what level they are. They probably have crappy aim or they're just really stupid.

Edited by DanDunDan

On 22/06/2017 at 0:50 PM, Elvick_ said:

That's you not trying? lol, cute. Bye now

Lol I believe I'm seeing a pot calling the kettle black - considering you said the other guy was dumb and then boast about beating the boss on the easiest difficulty (probably solo as well which is even easier).

7 hours ago, xWinson said:

Lol I believe I'm seeing a pot calling the kettle black - considering you said the other guy was dumb and then boast about beating the boss on the easiest difficulty (probably solo as well which is even easier).

I've done all the stuff online... I didn't call him dumb, I said all you have to do is not be dumb while playing and not be instablown up by him. Not the same thing.

If you're paying attention, it's not that hard. And that remains true on hard and the other one too. Beat him second try online on hard, first try on suicidal (even killed him without him healing, both those trophies popped at once check my profile boo). And that made me think back on that guy and laugh at him again. And now I get to laugh more, at you. I had yet to play anything other than normal at the time, but that didn't change my point when I did. Because it's still true. But I'm sure since I haven't played the highest difficulty you'll act like this about that too and act like I'm wrong since I haven't done it yet which means I clearly can't do it at all. *eye roll*

Edited by Elvick_

11 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I've done all the stuff online... I didn't call him dumb, I said all you have to do is not be dumb while playing and not be instablown up by him. Not the same thing.

If you're paying attention, it's not that hard. And that remains true on hard and the other one too. Beat him second try online on hard, first try on suicidal (even killed him without him healing, both those trophies popped at once check my profile boo). And that made me think back on that guy and laugh at him again. And now I get to laugh more, at you. I had yet to play anything other than normal at the time, but that didn't change my point when I did. Because it's still true. But I'm sure since I haven't played the highest difficulty you'll act like this about that too and act like I'm wrong since I haven't done it yet which means I clearly can't do it at all. *eye roll*

It's pretty much implied you called him dumb as the instablown move is the most common cause of death and frustation. From your statement, dying from any other means is indirectly labelled as dumber.

I'm not sure why you are laughing at me because it seems you have missed my point, I never claimed you couldn't beat the higher difficulty, I stated that there was no point in bringing someone down about being mad about a boss and acting all superior about beating him on normal only (without disclosing this) at the time - I and many others can do this as well but most would probably just suggest advice only without bragging about destroying a boss on the easiest difficulty.

Since you still feel the same way even on the harder difficulty then fair enough, your boast now holds value but is still unnecessarily condescending.