So is this game better now after patches?

linkdevivo

So i wanted to buy mass effect andromeda at launch but when the reviews started coming in i saved my money for other games, as so many good ones were coming out in that same time-frame (Zelda, Horizon, Persona). I think i made the right choice. So almost 3 months later, have the developer patches made this game better? Are the glitches (gameplay-wise and trophy-wise) fixed? Would you recommend buying this game now? thanks

Just look up patch notes if you want every detail, but to shorten it all....

They fixed major glitches.

They fixed the facial animations.

They completely rebalanced the mp.

They rewrote a few characters.

They made the "create a character" better.

I'm sure there's tons more but I'm to lazy to go through patch notes. There's been like 8 huge ones.

I never ran into any major glitches myself and the rest of the stuff didn't bother me so I thought it was great at launch but whatever, I'm glad they're putting this much work into it lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Just look up patch notes if you want every detail, but to shorten it all....

They fixed major glitches.

They fixed the facial animations.

They completely rebalanced the mp.

They rewrote a few characters.

They made the "create a character" better.

I'm sure there's tons more but I'm to lazy to go through patch notes. There's been like 8 huge ones.

I never ran into any major glitches myself and the rest of the stuff didn't bother me so I thought it was great at launch but whatever, I'm glad they're putting this much work into it lol.

So they patched in a bunch of stuff. I remember this happening with a bunch of games too but one that really made a difference was Assassin's Creed Unity, that game changed completely and with all patches installed is like a different game. Turned a mediocre entry into a standout, too bad people had already moved on. So that's why I wanted to ask if maybe this game was the same way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

So they patched in a bunch of stuff. I remember this happening with a bunch of games too but one that really made a difference was Assassin's Creed Unity, that game changed completely and with all patches installed is like a different game. Turned a mediocre entry into a standout, too bad people had already moved on. So that's why I wanted to ask if maybe this game was the same way.

It is very much the same way. Great game now but people have already moved on lol.

Honestly the whole thing was blown out of proportion. A couple bad reviews and then everyone jumped onto this hate train. Yes there's some wonky animations and glitches but that's always been known to the mass effect series. The real problem with andromeda was that the story and characters weren't as great as they should of been but other than that it's a good game and very fun mostly because of the combat and skills. Thought the game was good at launch but should be better now 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 6/12/2017 at 4:13 PM, KingGuy420 said:

It is very much the same way. Great game now but people have already moved on lol.

Not me, I bought it for $20 yesterday. Honestly I didn't like 2 or 3 though I really liked the first Mass Effect. I bought this with a fresh approach not comparing to ME1. It certainly is a good looking game and I'll get to it after "The Saboteur" and "Fallout New Vegas".

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Not me, I bought it for $20 yesterday. Honestly I didn't like 2 or 3 though I really liked the first Mass Effect. I bought this with a fresh approach not comparing to ME1. It certainly is a good looking game and I'll get to it after "The Saboteur" and "Fallout New Vegas".

the saboteur really is a great game how u liking it?

16 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

When you finished New Vegas every game seems free of glitches :)

Edited by Calhoun_84
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

the saboteur really is a great game how u liking it?

It's a great game, I did play it on the 360 years ago and picked it up recently for $8. I actually really like the story and they've managed to add some good humor with great driving and shooting mechanics.

2 hours ago, Calhoun_84 said:

When you finished New Vegas every game seems free of glitches :)

I did play this on the 360 as well, I got the ultimate version on disc and bravely waiting for the glitches to begin.

I might play MEA before New Vegas, I think I was unfair on Me2 and Me3. They just felt less like RPG's than the first and at the time I was a bit disappointed. It's been a while since I've played any ME or "Space" game so I am looking forward to MEA.,