Does anyone use an Xbox One?

Legchomper

Hey guys. I understand that this is a PS site, or at least relating to them but I have no idea where else to ask for help. My stepdad has the Xbox One and has had it 2 years, a day ago he encountered a problem. We don't have a second controller to 100% confirm to see but I was hoping one of you might know. Without the charger the xbox controller will not light up, even attempting to sync doesn't do anything. With the charger in and unplugging the console and re-plugging it will light up but doesn't respond, and also when the xbox boots up it goes straight to his home screen instead of displaying his name and such before. I'm trying to fix it for him but everything I find usually involves unplugging the console which has not worked for me. If ANYONE can help me out I'd be grateful. 

Had one or two issues with the controller where it won't work. I rip the battery out, plug it in and turn it on with the battery out, then rip out the cord and shove the battery back in. That's fixed it the couple times my controller went wonky, otherwise I'm of no help, encountered no issues myself. Sorry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-wont-power-on

Try some of these steps. I don't use my xbox one enough to have seen that problem, but there's a lot with it when I googled it

tried all these steps, but don't have another controller or another console to test the controller on. 

2 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Hey guys. I understand that this is a PS site, or at least relating to them but I have no idea where else to ask for help. My stepdad has the Xbox One and has had it 2 years, a day ago he encountered a problem. We don't have a second controller to 100% confirm to see but I was hoping one of you might know. Without the charger the xbox controller will not light up, even attempting to sync doesn't do anything. With the charger in and unplugging the console and re-plugging it will light up but doesn't respond, and also when the xbox boots up it goes straight to his home screen instead of displaying his name and such before. I'm trying to fix it for him but everything I find usually involves unplugging the console which has not worked for me. If ANYONE can help me out I'd be grateful. 

Get him a PS4 problem solved.

I have issues with controller connections everytime I turn it on.

I dusted mine off the other day, first time its been on in months, got dead rising 4 super cheap, only played an hour not gone back.

I wish I hadnt have got mine, still got a loads of games still sealed.

Edited by Hanzoadam

30 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Get him a PS4 problem solved.

It's pretty hard to play Halo on the PS4.

I've never had any problems with the controller.

My brother however can only play with a controller plugged in, this is probably due to a lot of wireless interference where he is situated.

Try moving the console to a different spot as far away from the current spot as possible or buy a second controller, if you go to a GameStop to get a controller then bring the one you have and see if an employee will let you test it on their kiosk.

17 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Sorry then get a PC if you want to play Halo no Xbox required. Btw I have a xbox one and my controller needs to be plugged in at all times because the battery died. Its not rechargeable like the PS4.

Master chief collection isn't available on pc. He's asking for troubleshooting for a controller and telling them just to buy a ps4 isn't helpful

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Sorry then get a PC if you want to play Halo no Xbox required. Btw I have a xbox one and my controller needs to be plugged in at all times because the battery died. Its not rechargeable like the PS4.

Halo 1 and 2 are only on PC, and I don't think they're even properly compatible with Win10. Stop being unhelpful (and buy new batteries for your Xbox one controller)

---

Is there anything else plugged into the xbox one? Or is there a firmware update needed for it?

4 minutes ago, D1RTIEST said:

Halo 1 and 2 are only on PC, and I don't think they're even properly compatible with Win10. Stop being unhelpful (and buy new batteries for your Xbox one controller)

---

Is there anything else plugged into the xbox one? Or is there a firmware update needed for it?

Do I have to buy new batteries for my PS4 controller? No.