Legendary Item Leveling

Yadilie

UPDATE Patch 1.09 July Week of the 23rd 

Latverian Crypt reloading method still works.

SharksOnIce Mr_Marty84 Traitors for the info on Treasure Rooms

Decided to go and check the experience gain from treasure rooms for concrete numbers after the above members threw some messages down. Use the Latverian Crypt in Inner Doomstadt Village that has 2 chests. Due to the randomness of the chests you can get from 500,000 to up to almost 800,000 for below a minute trip through it. Grab both chests and teleport from the end to get back outside, teleport back to your headquarters and change to a different character and then back to who has your legendary. This resets the treasure room. Bodyshift back to the entrance and redo the crypt ad nauseam until your done.

197049486 (Starting)

All runs below took around 1 minute each.

These numbers are with 5 max level heroes and a +10% XP item attached. No XP boosters used.

OUTDATED AND INEFFICIENT BELOW

How are you guys leveling up your legenadaries? I'm making this topic in the off chance there's some sneaky way to get it done because the online information for this game is pretty atrocious due to how many outdated versions there are. Would love all your numbers and advice. Below is some of my thoughts/reasonings and some numbers. 

All of these numbers assume two things. Synergy bonus of 50% (5 level 60's all equipped to your synergy wheel and yes that includes the character you're currently playing) and of course playing on Cosmic difficulty. Experience gain is a totaly of 290%. Also all the experience gains from doing the Operations are also fluctuating due to number of enemies you kill.

Seeing as how the last level is such an obnoxious amount (360million) I've actually started to look at this a time perspective. At first I figured that Legendary quests were the easiest and quickest way to get XP but it feels like you waste too much time on a majority of them. The quests that involve getting a X amount of Elite Kills, Killing 200/Destroy 20 cars, and finding 25 scientists to name a couple off the top of my head kills your time WAY too much, especially the Patrol missions. So I turned towards just plain Operations to see if there was a quicker method after having done a lot of the experience in auto mode while at my computer.

To start off I found that legendary quests can 'give' from around 900k to 1.2 million. This may seem like a lot but you're chugging away at a lot of enemies and unless you're someone like Scarlet Witch it'll take some time to whittle through them. (Man that instant kill on all enemies up to Bosses is absolutely dumb.) Legendary quests that involve just killing props in the stage are amazing and only take a few minutes but finding 25 scientists in AIM Facility Lab Operation? Oh boy, that's another story. After almost giving up I did some XP comparisons with times and man am I glad I did.

I chose 3 Operations that were sort of spread out to maybe discern if a 'higher level' boss would potentially give out more experience and in all of these I sprinted to the boss as fast as I could. I say that because Odin's Palace requires you to kill 3 very easy Yellow elites before Kurse will spawn.

153,998 in 1 min 42 seconds with Angela - Abandoned Warehouse

189,536 in 2 mins 33 seconds with Angela. - HYDRA Island (map is kind of annoying at times could slow you down)

550,839 in 3 minutes with Angela. - Odin's Palace (You will most likely kill around 30 enemies before getting this Operation done so it's not just solely boss experience)

Now these XP/min can range drastically depending on your character. Someone like Scarlet Witch could actually shave at least 30 seconds off of Odin's Palace due to her skill that lets her instantly defeat enemies but as you can see Odin's Palace is absolutely fantastic experience grinding and if you feel like dropping 10 bucks in the game you can get an extra 200% for 5 and half hours.

While I wish I could give an exact number to the legendary quests they're just a little too different and you'll end up with different XP amounts at each due to how many enemies and different ranks you'll defeat to finish said quests. The one thing I haven't really tested is Cosmic Danger Rooms but I feel like unless there's an XP modifier bonus that it won't be able to give you the steady income of ~550k experience that Odin's Palace can.

Edited by Yadilie
Updated for new information
  • Like 3

Just want to say thanks for the informative write-up!   I'm still collecting Marks to get my first Legendary Item and I know the grind to get the associated trophy for this will be crazy long.  I'm prepping my Ice Man or Storm for this feat but the Scarlet Witch power you mentioned makes me want to try her out.

If you're looking to just grind it out, I'm sure this is the fastest way to do it. In the PC version, they let you skip Legendary Quests you don't want to do. So if they implement that in the console version, that will be faster I'm sure, but for now, might as well just boss rush. Don't forget about your special item though (like Mystical Energies). You can get up to 10% more exp using one. Which would boost your total gain to 300%. 

Edit: snip

Edited by ExHaseo

11 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Another option, for those who have the money and want to make it easier, is to pass your legendary item around. Get the cheapest one on your first character in order to get it started as quickly as possible, unbind it and give it to your second character until 60, unbind it and give it to your third character until 60, until you get all 5 done. 

From what I've read, unbinding a legendary item will reset all of the experience added to it.

Mentioning extra characters beyond the 5th is a little tricky as you'll have run out of 250 characters and will have to go for the 525s so unless you throw even more money down to buy characters it's best to just stay with 5. I'm only up to 300 Splinters since I bought and leveled Scarlet Witch to 60 and have gotten 200 or so million experience points on my legendary. From the paper standpoint I find it would be more efficient to just buy experience boosters. It would boost you up to almost 948,000 a single run in Odin's Palace. If it is 20 million to level a new character then you can get that in almost an hour with the boosters.

16 hours ago, GameOverComesAll said:

From what I've read, unbinding a legendary item will reset all of the experience added to it.

Well then, nevermind. I'll edit my original post to take that out. That's really disappointing. 

11 hours ago, Yadilie said:

Mentioning extra characters beyond the 5th is a little tricky as you'll have run out of 250 characters and will have to go for the 525s so unless you throw even more money down to buy characters it's best to just stay with 5. I'm only up to 300 Splinters since I bought and leveled Scarlet Witch to 60 and have gotten 200 or so million experience points on my legendary. From the paper standpoint I find it would be more efficient to just buy experience boosters. It would boost you up to almost 948,000 a single run in Odin's Palace. If it is 20 million to level a new character then you can get that in almost an hour with the boosters.

Well, yeah. That's why I mentioned it as part of the "if you want to pay" section. Was also meant as a way to keep it fun, not necessarily more effective. I guess I didn't word it very well. Straight grinding will always be faster, but straight grinding will also be really boring.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

If I use the xp boost and I'm going offline and want to continue next day. Does the counter freeze or keep ticking while I'm offline?

I would not do that if I were you - the game's got so many bugs + has proven to be quite stingy with so many things that I highly doubt the continuance after being offline.  It's only 30mins anyhow so why not just use it at the start of one of your gaming sessions?  

BTW, I'm only (and I say that with hesitation) 102 million XP for maxing my Legendary item (Casket of Winter for Storm).  This has been the longest grind I've done for something.  ?

I wanted to use 5 boosts for max xp bonus. So the time would be 5 hours or so. I'm not planning such long sessions :p. 30 minutes was no problem but then you don't get max xp.

I still need 700 million xp :P I just bought the cheapest legendary for leveling because the legendary marks took a while to get. (now I have over 800)

I been strictly running Treasure Rooms; read somewhere online that is the most efficient as long as you know where they are and/or have a specific few, Then head back to HQs, swap characters and swap back and the TR instances will reset.

Anyone else doing that?

I just farm the same treasure room in chapter 1. Kill the enemies, loot chest. It's about 1 million xp (with in total 280XP boost) and the run takes about 1 to 1:30 min including loading and swapping. Sometimes less than a minute. So no need to run to other treasure rooms cause it takes to much time and is a waste of xp boost in my opinion traveling to other treasure rooms

I need 320 million xp at the moment

Edited by Mr_Marty84

On 7/6/2017 at 2:50 AM, Gryfter said:

I been strictly running Treasure Rooms; read somewhere online that is the most efficient as long as you know where they are and/or have a specific few, Then head back to HQs, swap characters and swap back and the TR instances will reset.

Anyone else doing that?

Definitely the Treasure Room method is more efficient vs other methods (Ops, Patrol, etc.).  I pretty much stuck to Chapter 1-4, rinse and repeat and when  got bored - moved up to latter chapters or work on few ops or joined patrol and help others farm.   I didn't really use boosts except for a couple I got from random boxes.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2017 at 10:19 AM, Mr_Marty84 said:

I just farm the same treasure room in chapter 1. Kill the enemies, loot chest. It's about 1 million xp (with in total 280XP boost) and the run takes about 1 to 1:30 min including loading and swapping. Sometimes less than a minute. So no need to run to other treasure rooms cause it takes to much time and is a waste of xp boost in my opinion traveling to other treasure rooms

I need 320 million xp at the moment

Which one of those? Bajillion in HK South or the one inside the Subway?

2 hours ago, random_gamer_id said:

Which one of those? Bajillion in HK South or the one inside the Subway?

The Bajillion one.

Then I heard about the crypt in Innerdoomstad. It has 2 chests (one hidden behind a grated door(just smash it) and one at the end of the crypt)and you don't have to kill a single enemy

22 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Then I heard about the crypt in Innerdoomstad. It has 2 chests (one hidden behind a grated door(just smash it) and one at the end of the crypt)and you don't have to kill a single enemy

This has been patched in 1.06, no?

1 hour ago, JPallaoro said:

This has been patched in 1.06, no?

Until the 7th it wasn't patched. Another treasure room was patched but not the crypt

Haven't played the game since I got the plat so maybe it is patched. Just try the crypt and there should be 2 chests total without the need of fighting enemies

4 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Until the 7th it wasn't patched. Another treasure room was patched but not the crypt

Haven't played the game since I got the plat so maybe it is patched. Just try the crypt and there should be 2 chests total without the need of fighting enemies

Thanks man!

Just confirmed here, the Liebers Brewhouse has been patched but the Crypt you mentioned is still working!

6 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

How are you reseting the treasure room so quickly?

On 14/07/2017 at 3:48 AM, Yadilie said:

Just updated the first post with some numbers. Treasure rooms are definitely the way to go until they patch this.

My setup:

5 heroes at level 60 (50% EXP Bonus) + 10% EXP Catalyst + 5x EXP Boost = 1.5~2.0M per run!