Nex Machina Trophy Thoughts.

snakebit10

On 6/20/2017 at 6:38 PM, Marcel_pfs1 said:

About the "Look mon!" trophy, there's a really simple solution... Just play coop and complete a level with your second controller.

Good to know as I just finished 2 levels using only Dash Explosion but no trophy. Sucks that there are bugged trophies. Might wait for another patch or two before continuing with the game.

On 23.6.2017 at 9:03 PM, rubhen925 said:

Guys, I know it looks hard, but I thought the same way. I was sure I wouldn't be able to do half the things in the game without coop help. But with practice and memorizing enemy patterns, you can do it! Master mode is something retarded, but you can definitely do the platinum! Go for it.

I'm just missing like 15 more feats. I want that platinum so bad lol

Do you need to do all feats? How many are there?

Im missing only 50 Human Combo and 100 feats trophy 

yay :D

I was writing a Nex Machina Trophy Guide (my first) but i think i fucked up and its gone now..im not sure maybe its being reviewed? Because i cant write another one.

Edited by Greek-God88

Hey Greel-God88, I think it's because I'm also writing one. Do you want to team up? I have one in edit mode. I haven't done much to it, but i was planning to get the guide out in a couple days. Let me know and I can add you to it, so you can get access

On 27.6.2017 at 3:57 PM, rubhen925 said:

Hey Greel-God88, I think it's because I'm also writing one. Do you want to team up? I have one in edit mode. I haven't done much to it, but i was planning to get the guide out in a couple days. Let me know and I can add you to it, so you can get access

I found mine didnt know where to look lol

you can add me sure maybe we can merge them i dont know? would be happy to help

Just got today the platinum :)

I´m a little bit confused right now. 

I finished the arcade mode on experienced but did not get the trophy. Does this extra level after beating the architect belong to the arcade mode? 

I thought this is some kind of an extra world and got nothing to do with the normal arcade mode. 

So i have to beat the architect and the supreme AI for the trophy "experienced"?

2 minutes ago, Fichtenwilli said:

I´m a little bit confused right now. 

I finished the arcade mode on experienced but did not get the trophy. Does this extra level after beating the architect belong to the arcade mode? 

I thought this is some kind of an extra world and got nothing to do with the normal arcade mode. 

So i have to beat the architect and the supreme AI for the trophy "experienced"?

yes you have to beat supreme ai to finish arcade mode

• 4 weeks later...

If I were rating the difficulty of the platinum it would be a 4 or something. The reality is that your first impression in this case likely won't be your last. The game is a blast, i'll just get that out the way. Everything I love about twin arcade shooters. Still once you learn how to properly use the mechanics everything opens up on the trophy list. What im saying is given that things like not having to beat Master or having to 1CC it, it keeps the game from being in the 8,9,10 range in difficulty. It not having Master requirements other than the first world makes a huge difference in how I view the trophy list now that ive platinumed it. Feel like Housemarque cut a lot of people a break here. Theirs only two bosses that legitimately can stand in your way and thats Architect and Supreme AI on veteran. 

Again, fantastic game that sadly seems to be flying under the radar and given that this is Housmarque, thats kind of surprising. I expect Matterfall to be just as good of a game and hope it doesn't suffer a similar fate.

Edited by The-Sigma-Alpha

On 6/12/2017 at 10:34 AM, snakebit10 said:

Don't look like much thought was put into the Trophy images. House Marque just don't put much effort into trophy images.

Anyways what are the thoughts on the trophy requirements? Looks like a typical House Marque trophy list.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6254-nex-machina

I still think Assassins Creed II has some of the best trophy images, despite how old the game is now. 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

The difficulty feels comparable to other Housemarque titles so far. While the Experienced setting seems tough enough initially, I recommend first earning 9 gold medals in Arena mode, and also beating a couple of single worlds on Veteran. Doing this made me far better at the game, to the point where Experienced actually felt a bit too easy/slow. Although I was overly cautious, and made a few mistakes, my 1CC run went pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I06rXP315cg

I grabbed some extra lives early on for padding, and played it safe, rather than going for humans and secret levels. Also, this goes without saying, but try to maintain your shield: if you get hit, immediately be on the lookout for another one to pick-up. Most bosses can be destroyed quickly with the Rocket Launcher, but Yeti Kong and The Architect are exceptions; for them, I strongly suggest using the Laser and Smartbomb, respectively. You can blast through all of Kong's nonsense with the Laser, and burn his health down fast, while the Smartbomb allows you to safely remove Architect's turrets when combined with dash explosion. There are always weapon crates before bosses, so remember to collect the appropriate secondary! Thankfully, you don't have to defeat Nex Machina at the end...

However, I haven't tackled the entire Veteran playthrough yet, which I'm sure will require a new learning process. Either way, it's an extremely fun arcade-style game, that brings back memories of playing Robotron on my Atari 7800 in the late 80s.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The main obstacle for the platinum is the later worlds on Veteran difficulty. I didn't find Experienced difficulty bad at all, in fact I now find that difficulty a bit easy with slow enemies in contrast to Veteran which I feel is a little too fast for me at times.

The Architect is definitely the hardest part about Veteran. I tried using the Rocket Launcher but I found it doesn't work well for me against him, which another PSNP member noted. You definitely want to get those turrets that are attached to him out of the way as soon as you can during his first and second phases. That gives you a little breathing room to do damage to The Architect's health. Dash Explosion combined with Triple Dash and the Smartbomb secondary weapon is the ideal setup against The Architect.

Supreme Al can be a serious pain too but I'm far better at dodging his stuff, as I'm sure most people are.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1