Favorite Dungeon Crawlers Anyone?

DJBurnout_TTV

I recently started getting into this genre of games. What are your favorite dungeon crawler games? And a few recommendations would be nice.

So far, my fav is Demon Gaze!

giphy.gif

My Top 3:

1.) Dungeon Travelers 2 (Closest thing to Etrian Oddysey for the Vita, polished battle system, colorful designs, Lot of content, Post game is bigger than main, worth every Penny)

2.) Strangers of Sword City ( Medieval setting, Interesting story, Slightly challenging but not a burden like OP Abyss)

3.) Demon Gaze (Friendliest DRPG to get into, save anywhere, Like the demon attribute system, Lovable characters, Ecchi ;) )

The one I hated the most:

Operation Abyss (Doors that require payment each time you use them, Monsters can level you down (waste hours of grinding). Can't level up during the dungeon....have to go back to camp to do this). 

Vita only? Aren't all of those depend heavily on fanservice and lacking in actual gameplay? I bought Demon Gaze long time ago and still wish I could get a refund.

Would be nice if there was something similar to EO on vita...good thing EOV coming west in autumn.

Sorcery Saga is my favorite, followed by Conception II and Operation Abyss. 

Sorcery Saga is fun and easy once you get the hang of it. I love Conception II's art style and gameplay (children, children everywhere!) and Operation Abyss has an interesting story (something most dungeon crawlers lack imo). I absolutely hated playing Mind Zero so I don't recommend it. 

Demon Gaze is not so great, I'm still trying to beat the final boss (but I'll probably buy the sequel anyway -_-).

4 hours ago, Taobaka said:

Vita only? Aren't all of those depend heavily on fanservice and lacking in actual gameplay? I bought Demon Gaze long time ago and still wish I could get a refund.

Would be nice if there was something similar to EO on vita...good thing EOV coming west in autumn.

Stranger of Sword City at least wasn't heavy on fanservice (pretty much none other than the optional art style).

3 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Persona 4 Golden is absolutely a dungeon crawler according to many people

This depends on the definition of 'dungeon crawler'. 

For majority of people, dungeon crawler is an RPG (usually first person view) on grid-based environment.

One that may or may not force you to draw a map on a checkered paper.

Computer_rpg_no_automap.jpg

On the other hand, if we are going for the definition of dungeon crawling then obviously, any RPG where you take a party to dungeon can be considered dungeon crawler. However, if we do that, there aren't going to be many RPGs that aren't dungeon crawlers =D

• Like 3