Undertale Coming to PS4 (and Vita).

Crzy Minus

product_overhead_photo4_1024x1024.jpg?v=

Undertale was imo one of the best games to come out in 2015 (that includes being my GOTY pick). And it's finally coming to the PS4 making it's console debut (and PSVita), both physical and digital copies to release at some point this summer.

What do you guys think of this?

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 3

I highly, HIGHLY recommend Undertale. One of, if not THE best indie game I have ever played and I fucking hate indie games.

If you're planning on playing it, go in blind. Don't look at any walkthroughs, guides or reviews. You'll thank me later. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

Finally I can join in on all the screaming noise my PC gamer friends have been making about this game. I still don't understand what it is, there's a kid called Sans? And a spider character? Idfk, totally getting this for PS4 or Vita if I get around to buying one.

This could be the beginning of Game Maker games to start coming to PS Vita (please don't, we already have tons of indies, this is the only acceptable exception).

4 minutes ago, Machias said:

This could be the beginning of Game Maker games to start coming to PS Vita (please don't, we already have tons of indies, this is the only acceptable exception).

You're a little late on that, Hotline Miami came out on Vita 4 years ago

13 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

You're a little late on that, Hotline Miami came out on Vita 4 years ago

Yeah and with this we will have... 2? 3? We have more Unity garbage than Game Maker games.

I'm definitely curious to see how this will even work. There are some pretty major things that the game does that aren't going to be able to work on consoles like they do with PC. Either they found a way to make it all work, or it's omitted entirely. If those things are gone, then it's going to be a seriously inferior version compared to the PC release. 

Enormous spoilers below. 

Spoiler

The game deals with a lot of meta themes and a lot of it revolves around your save file. Things like reloading your save after accidentally killing a character won't actually work. Characters in the game still realize that you killed someone and will comment on you manipulating the game. If you do a genocide run it actually effects every run you do after that even if you reset/delete your save. On PC you can't even circumvent this by uninstalling and reinstalling your game because it saves your information in a completely separate place. That goes double if you play it on Steam because it gets permanently stored through cloud. Basically it was made purposefully complicated to get rid of your save data to the point where people created a third party app just to make it easier for people to scrub their files clean.

Even if all of that somehow still works on consoles the way its intended, I don't know how they'll handle things like the game purposefully closing itself and forcing you to reopen it. I guess it could kick you back to the main menu which other console games have done before, but it's not quite the same.

It would just be a real shame if these things don't work because it's such a huge part of what makes the game so interesting. Your decisions have real weight to them and everything you do will be brought up at some point whether you just do a single run or decide to play every path. I would just hate for console players to have a bad experience with the game because all of this stuff is missing.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I'm definitely curious to see how this will even work. There are some pretty major things that the game does that aren't going to be able to work on consoles like they do with PC. Either they found a way to make it all work, or it's omitted entirely. If those things are gone, then it's going to be a seriously inferior version compared to the PC release. 

Enormous spoilers below. 

Hide contents

The game deals with a lot of meta themes and a lot of it revolves around your save file. Things like reloading your save after accidentally killing a character won't actually work. Characters in the game still realize that you killed someone and will comment on you manipulating the game. If you do a genocide run it actually effects every run you do after that even if you reset/delete your save. On PC you can't even circumvent this by uninstalling and reinstalling your game because it saves your information in a completely separate place. That goes double if you play it on Steam because it gets permanently stored through cloud. Basically it was made purposefully complicated to get rid of your save data to the point where people created a third party app just to make it easier for people to scrub their files clean.

Even if all of that somehow still works on consoles the way its intended, I don't know how they'll handle things like the game purposefully closing itself and forcing you to reopen it. I guess it could kick you back to the main menu which other console games have done before, but it's not quite the same.

It would just be a real shame if these things don't work because it's such a huge part of what makes the game so interesting. Your decisions have real weight to them and everything you do will be brought up at some point whether you just do a single run or decide to play every path. I would just hate for console players to have a bad experience with the game because all of this stuff is missing.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I hope they found a way to make those things happen on the consoles, I don't want the experience to be anything less than the PC version for people who haven't played it yet.

• Like 1

I know about it as a game name but have no clue about it otherwise. Saw the most of it ever in the trailer last night.

I have to play it, the announcer said PS Vita with his voice. This blessed company wins the prize!

• Like 1

I still don't understand how this cost $50,000 to make. Really don't care much for the crowdfunding process, it's easy to exploit and has created a generation of developers who think they're entitled to your money and spend it how they see fit, with most of the time the end product being quite lackluster. Not interested in a game that looks worse than the game it's trying to ape (Mother/Earthbound) and the reputation surrounding it is nauseating. It and Uncharted 4 are two games I am just immediately put off by for how rabid people are about them (well Uncharted is mainly me hating the earlier ones). I mean, if you enjoy it then I won't begrudge you that, I just don't feel like low effort pixel art is the type of thing we should be encouraging, I don't care how revolutionary you think the story is. It apes too much from better games and really doesn't have a personality of its own. It was bound to get a console port eventually, though so there you go I guess. Will probably have a Platinum trophy too.