Undertale Coming to PS4 (and Vita).

Crzy Minus

Sweet, this game comes out the day after I start college again... goodbye responsibility! Seriously though, awesome that it has a release date, I'm looking forward to seeing what the trophies will be. I'll stick with getting it digitally, a lot cheaper for me, and I don't really care about the cross-buy.

4 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

UPDATE: Undertale PS4 and Vita will come out on August 15th, also cross-buy confirmed on PS4 and Vita.

Pre-orders now available on PSN Store:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084

Yeah, we have it on our store too... price is even a nice price for it.  May preorder a bit closer to the date too, not sure.  I mean if it's a theme we only get for preordering, then eh, who knows.

I was going to preorder Undertale from PS Store when I saw there's a cool dynamic PS4 theme as a bonus. Then noticed the European store has no mention of the theme at all. I'll wait and see if the product description gets updated with any preorder bonus info.

17 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I was going to preorder Undertale from PS Store when I saw there's a cool dynamic PS4 theme as a bonus. Then noticed the European store has no mention of the theme at all. I'll wait and see if the product description gets updated with any preorder bonus info.

Notes:
- North American PSN pre-orders will receive the Ruins theme as an instant bonus upon purchase.

- European PSN pre-orders will receive the Ruins theme along with the game itself upon release.

- Fangamer PS4 and PS Vita pre-orders will receive a voucher for the theme when the order ships in September. (The theme vouchers are only valid for North American PSN accounts.)

^^Quote from the official site

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

Notes:
- North American PSN pre-orders will receive the Ruins theme as an instant bonus upon purchase.

- European PSN pre-orders will receive the Ruins theme along with the game itself upon release.

- Fangamer PS4 and PS Vita pre-orders will receive a voucher for the theme when the order ships in September. (The theme vouchers are only valid for North American PSN accounts.)

^^Quote from the official site

Thank you for the info! Now I'll be ready to hit that pre-order button. :)

I wish I could just buy a physical copy of the Vita version through normal means. I don't really feel like ordering the game from some website I've never used before and paying a shipping fee since it's not based in the UK... I guess I'll just get the digital version then. Maybe I'll wait for it to go on sale first, I'm not sure yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't really feel like ordering the game from some website I've never used before and paying a shipping fee since it's not based in the UK...

Oh my, I wonder how you ever managed to order something from any website before. :giggle:

If you just care for the standard edition shipping to UK is 4 USD, and about 10.50 USD if you want the limited edition. 

48 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Oh my, I wonder how you ever managed to order something from any website before. :giggle:

Notice how I said I didn't feel like it, not that I was incapable of doing so. There are games I would jump through the required hoops to get the physical version, but this isn't one of them. If they made it available from any online retailer of my choice, then it would be a different story.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

If they made it available from any online retailer of my choice, then it would be a different story.

This would be the ideal situation but this would also be a more troublesome for game developers as they have to rely on publishers then, so they have access to the the proper contacts and ways to be added to the retailer's range.

I'm still glad that the dev went with Fangamer instead of other sites, though. At least they promised that they would guarantee a second batch of the standard and the collector's edition, so everyone that's really interested in the game should be able to grab a copy.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting short story about how Undertale got to Playstation:

The creator Toby Fox originally came up to a game company (8-4 Studios) and he originally just wanted the game to be localized to Japan and have a japanese translation, but to also reach the majority of japanese audience there they also decided to port the game onto PS4 and Vita since most of japanese gamers are with Playstation.

So yeah, Undertale comes out on PS4 and Vita next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crzy Minus said:

Interesting short story about how Undertale got to Playstation:

The creator Toby Fox originally came up to a game company (8-4 Studios) and he originally just wanted the game to be localized to Japan and have a japanese translation, but to also reach the majority of japanese audience there they also decided to port the game onto PS4 and Vita since most of japanese gamers are with Playstation.

So yeah, Undertale comes out on PS4 and Vita next week.

GLORIOUS NIPPON!

GLORIOUS NIPPON!
GLORIOUS NIPPON!

Now everyone should see how Japan is the best thing ever :awesome: 

Frankly, I'm tempted to play in weebgo :awesome: Trophy for it plz

On 7/21/2017 at 0:13 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I wish I could just buy a physical copy of the Vita version through normal means. I don't really feel like ordering the game from some website I've never used before and paying a shipping fee since it's not based in the UK... I guess I'll just get the digital version then. Maybe I'll wait for it to go on sale first, I'm not sure yet.

Just do it :awesome: 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

GLORIOUS NIPPON!

GLORIOUS NIPPON!
GLORIOUS NIPPON!

Now everyone should see how Japan is the best thing ever :awesome: 

Frankly, I'm tempted to play in weebgo :awesome: Trophy for it plz

I'm not sure if it's a joke or serious... I'd feel such awkward to play a game on a language that I don't even understand...

It's English or nothing..

On 7/20/2017 at 5:13 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Just want to put it out there that Fangamer is excellent. I've ordered maybe a dozen times, from their entire Spelunky line to their excellent Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, and EarthBound stuff. They do a really good job, and really care with all the extra they put in your parcel. I couldn't recommend them more, but I understand your trepidations—just trying to allay them as a fan who wants you to have your physical Vita copy (it will be my first physical Vita game ever!) ?

Edited by Spelunkette
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

2 hours ago, Spelunkette said:

Just want to put it out there that Fangamer is excellent. I've ordered maybe a dozen times, from their entire Spelunky line to their excellent Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, and EarthBound stuff. They do a really good job, and really care with all the extra they put in your parcel. I couldn't recommend them more, but I understand your trepidations—just trying to allay them as a fan who wants you to have your physical Vita copy (it will be my first physical Vita game ever!) 1f60a.png

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, fine, I'll do it. I guess I was being kind of stubborn. :P I would quite like to own the game physically, especially since everyone goes on about how good the game is. It only being available from one place just means it'll be rarer, so it will be a worthy addition to my Vita collection. ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spelunkette said:

Just want to put it out there that Fangamer is excellent. I've ordered maybe a dozen times, from their entire Spelunky line to their excellent Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, and EarthBound stuff. They do a really good job, and really care with all the extra they put in your parcel. I couldn't recommend them more, but I understand your trepidations—just trying to allay them as a fan who wants you to have your physical Vita copy (it will be my first physical Vita game ever!) 1f60a.png

I second fangamer being really good.  I have only ordered one thing from them, but it was their Mother 3 Strat guide, and it was so well done.  I still have the Franklin badge they sent with it too