Game keeps crashing on Australia track (nambucca)

dna0008

Has anyone has this problem?

Every time I'm on the Nambucca map for the Australia event, it crashes on the last checkpoint.

It did this in WRC-2, which i skipped the event.

and now I'm on WRC-1 .. and it's still crashing.

Any ideas?

try re-installing and downloading the game, play the game not connected to the psn, upload save to usb/ps+before the event and keep deleting and recopying save till it works?

also i must have been lucky since i had no issues like this with the game and i never had Australia in WRC-2 career 

This game is a crash fest for me, in about 10 hours the game already hardlocked on me 12 times.

Yesterday I was on the last stage of the German rally and the game crashed on a loading screen. Just now, I tried playing again and they put me on the first stage and in the last checkpoint of the second one, the game froze, sending me to the first stage AGAIN. Frustrating as hell. 

I have the same problem with Nambucca. I have reinstalled the game, rebuilt the PS3 database & restored the file system to no avail. I have just started a new career mode, got to Nambucca and it is freezing again on the last checkpoint. What a bug-ridden POS this game is. The odd thing is that the Nambucca stage works ok in quick stage mode. This is all I need for the platinum, any ideas ?

Update: tried it disconnected from PSN & tried using save from PS+. I still freezes :(

Edited by The_Slugkiller
Updated

5 hours ago, I Am Error said:

try re-installing and downloading the game, play the game not connected to the psn, upload save to usb/ps+before the event and keep deleting and recopying save till it works?

also i must have been lucky since i had no issues like this with the game and i never had Australia in WRC-2 career 

I did all of that, and it still froze every time.. Also, with the save protection on it, you can't download any uploaded save for 24 hours. :/ 

5 hours ago, dna0008 said:

@DamagingRob so I guess you just skip all the races/events till u find an Australia event, without Nambucca?

@I Am Error

Yeah, that's about all you can do.. When I lost my WRC-2, I was able to pick a new WRC-2 contract. So, even with the save file issue, you could just keep skipping through a season, losing, and picking a new contract. If none of the available contracts have Australia, you can back out with circle, continue, and the flags will have changed. 

Good news, I finally manged to get my Platinum. I finished the contract with DMack (gave up the races) & changed to Napoca Rally Academy with a Subara Impreza WRX. I also changed the driving style from Amateur to Semi-Pro. This time the Nambucca track did not freeze and I was able to finish the Australian level. I don't know if it was the change of team, car or changing the difficulty that helped, but I am just happy to finish it. Note that skipping the races up to the Australian level lowers your team morale & hence repair efficiency, so be careful with your car ?

It's an easy game to play, but I found it incredibly tiresome. There are no other cars to compete against (obviously), but without a time to compete against boredom sets in quickly. The game is also buggy as hell & regularly crashes/freezes whilst playing. Worth a play if it's free, but I certainly wouldn't pay for it. Don't let our problems with this one level put you off, other people have finished it seemingly without any trouble.

• Like 1

yea, it's an easy game ... but crashes A LOT,

also gives me a bad motion sickness headache ... don't think i've ever had one of those from a driving game

edit - lol, and now it's crashing when im in the menus .... same spot every time

Edited by dna0008

Game was a lot worse than WRC 3 and WRC 4, made by different devs so it doesn't even feel the same. In 3 and 4 you could cruise through the levels with like a semi assisted steering, it felt nice. Here it is all manual. Game is super easy but boring.

I also had trouble with the game freezing in Austrailia. I remember trying for like 2 hours to get it to work. Parts of the track were just not "finished" and I kept getting stuck there. Eventually I just skipped the event since you don't need to win every single event to win the season. Then I started a new game, winning a few events to get to that ranking then skipping all the events until the race I needed for the trophy. Made a back up save to plus to be safe, started the track and the construction crew finally finished the paving. I think I had to start a fresh game though(can't remember why exactly) and did have to win a few events in the lowest ranking to get to a contract with Austrailia, but if you can just get into a new season with Austrailia in might as well try, since you are just skipping at that point.

speaking of which, you don't have to win every event so if you have the trophy for that track you can skip a few to end the season and still win it, saves a lot of time and repetition.

Edited by MrUnknown625

Also had this problem on ps3, Australia freezes when you got the rain+fog weather, i went into a new season of WRC, choose another tea, give up every race until Australia, then with just foggy weather i was able to finish this stage, and get the last trophy to plat it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dna0008 said:

Came across Nambucca again, this time it was sunny, and no crashes!

Same here. I've just finished the WRC-2 season and raced on a sunny Nambucca track with no problems. If it does end up freezing in the WRC season then I'll just skip the Australian rally altogether since I already have the trophy.

I had the same problem with the Australian track. But, there's an easier way to get the trophy. After I won the WRC championship, I received new offers to race the same championship again, this time, I chose the Hyundai Shell World Rally Team, and I kept skipping the stages until the Coates Hire Rally Australia appeared. This time I managed to race the entire stage with no PS3 crash... Well, actually, it crashed in the first race, but I tried again and got it.

Keep in mind that I was with the patch 1.01 installed, and was online on PSN.

I had the same problem as well. I just decided to start over. It is a long grind, but luckily it didn't freeze at the last checkpoint. I was so relieved when the car went through.

All i need now is to finish WRC 1 and the dopey 'couch surfer' trophy.

Same issue here on Nambucca in Australia with rain. The ps3 freezes when I pass the 4th checkpoint. Three times in a row now. I'll give up and try my luck in a next championship -_-.

And that copy protection really sucks!

*edit*

In my next championship I encountered this track again, but now it was sunny and I finished the track without anomalies. I won australia and afterwards I won the wrc championship for platinum. At least I'm done.

Edited by de_digibeet