Game keeps crashing on Australia track (nambucca)

dna0008

Same here ? The 7th time was the first time I had sun on Nambucca and was also the first time it didn't freeze. Took me another 6-7h after finishing WRC champ to get this damn trophy... Glad this is over! Game always froze first time loading Nambucca as well and it froze so many times on loading a stage or right after starting a stage. I'm taking a break from race games for a while!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great advise. My game encountered the freeze so I tried your method.  It worked but I gave up due to the game freezing but probably was because I tried to go too fast.  I quit the rally but in my wrc playthrough if it happens I'll definitely give it another go. 

On 7/13/2017 at 11:19 PM, Matto_lsi said:

I've run into this same issue on PS3 - Australia SS2 Nambucca in the rain and have been doing some trials.  The final checkpoint isn't the issue, there's something wrong with the Tarmac portion of the track in the rain (from the final checkpoint to the end is the only part of this SS that's Tarmac).  At first I thought it was when I slammed the gas and spun the tires on the Tarmac, but even idling straight will eventually lead to a freeze.  However I did find a way to finish this SS.  Once I reach the hard left turn going through the final checkpoint, I come to a near stop and then drive up the hill on the left and ride the edge of the hill around and then drive in the flat grassy areas to the finish without encountering a freeze.  If I respawn back on the road at any point (which happens a few times), I idle back into the deep grassy areas or hills before gaining speed back.  It's also worth mentioning that in the Options menu, 'Very large off-road respawn' should be selected to minimize the number of respawns onto the Tarmac.  Even doing all this, the problem is I reach the final checkpoint at roughly 4 minutes, but riding the hills is slow and I can't finish in the 6-6:30 that the AI does.  Even gaining speed in the grassy flats I still end up short by a minute or so, and there's no way to make up that lost time in later stages. 

On top of this, if you finish with too slow of a time and then retry the stage and encounter the freeze again, the next time you load the career your last finish for SS2 is recorded, so you cannot retry it again, you'll automatically be bumped to SS3.

Sadly, unless someone finds an off-track route that can be done fast enough once the final checkpoint is reached, restarting the career and finding the Australia rally on a sunny day is the only real option.

I'd also like to mention that I didn't experience my first freeze until I was about 80% of the way through the game, I got a freeze on the loading screen between stages on Finland.  Since then I've seen the same freeze on a loading screen for another rally (cant remember which), a freeze during Australia SS1 that only appeared once, and a freeze on Germany SS2 that also only appeared once.  This Australia SS2 Nambucca freeze in the rain has been consistent, and I experienced it on both WRC2 and WRC.  I had the Dmack RS3 on WRC2 and a VW Polo 2 on WRC, both with a Balanced approach.  I feel like a Speed approach is probably the most common and might be the way to avoid this issue.  I'll have to verify once I restart my WRC season.

Needless to say I'm very bummed by these issues.  I know it's a different dev, but WRC 4 was great, no issues at all.  After this, I doubt I'll ever play another WRC game, regardless if it's free on Plus or not.

EDIT: I tried finding a way back to SS2 but was unable to, so I said what the hell and raced SS3.  To my complete surprise, when I finished SS3, and therefore the day, I found I was in first place.  The game had only recorded my times from SS1 and SS3.  I continued the rally through to the end and won the remaining stages and received the Australia trophy at the end.

By no means is this a surefire workaround, but if you're experiencing a freeze on SS2 after the final checkpoint, try what I did.

First, change respawn option to 'Very large off-road'.

Then race SS2 through to the final checkpoint.  After turning the corner, before hitting the Tarmac, slowly go left and drive up the side of the hill.  Ride the edge of the hill for as long as you can.  You will eventually be respawned on the road.  Idle back to the left and go up the hill again.  Repeat this until you reach the flat grassy areas.  On these areas stay wide left of the Tarmac by 3-5 car lengths.  You will occasionally respawn on the Tarmac, just idle back to the grassy areas.  Once you get to the end, gain a little speed on the final hill and veer off towards the finish and just let the car cruise across the finish line.

At all times take it slow.  If this workaround does the same for you as it did for me, your time won't matter.

Be extra careful on the respawns.  Be slow and ease back to the hills/grass.  You will probably have to do this more than a dozen times.

Once the race is finished, press Square to retry.

Race through to the final checkpoint and allow the game to freeze (it's possible that once you begin the stage again you can just exit to XMB as that should have the same effect).

Restart your PS3, launch the game and load career mode.

You should now be on SS3, and there's no way to know what your times are yet, so finish SS3 in 1st place.

If all goes well, you'll now be in first place with only the 1st and 3rd stage times counting. 

If anyone tries this, please comment in this thread, I really would love to know if this works for you or if I just got lucky.  Thanks!

You're method worked perfectly for me,  thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, the game has crashed in australia on the second route in the end. I chose a new career and tried the give up method to draw that australian and not have it. Does that mean that if I want platinum in this game then I have to re-all these boring, time-consuming races to do? Is there any other way out?

14 hours ago, BULAJ16VAZA said:

Hello, the game has crashed in australia on the second route in the end. I chose a new career and tried the give up method to draw that australian and not have it. Does that mean that if I want platinum in this game then I have to re-all these boring, time-consuming races to do? Is there any other way out?

Did it delete your file? If not, use your old one. I'm supposing that you are WRC level, so you can't be relegated to a lower category even if you skip all events (there will always be a team to hire you). Skip all events and start a new championship until you get the Australia rally without the stage that is screwing with you. 

If you did delete your file, tough luck, J-WRC don't run in Australia, you will need to move to WRC-2 and try the above method. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just used the "give up" option and yes I did lose the Australia stage but you will have enough points to win the WRC trophy anyways. Just make sure you've already won the AUS stage in the previous WRC junior or WRC 2 to get the AUS trophy. That's how I bypassed it. 

• 1 month later...

@Matto_lsi Many thanks to give the solution while I was stuck in this f***ing Australia SS2 Nambucca!

I was furious as I can't abort this rally because I had to win all the last rally. I aborted 3 of them and had no choice to win all of them.

Especially that this game is so boring, I did not want to have to redo a season for winning the championship or the Australia rally.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2017 at 2:49 AM, Matto_lsi said:

EDIT: I tried finding a way back to SS2 but was unable to, so I said what the hell and raced SS3.  To my complete surprise, when I finished SS3, and therefore the day, I found I was in first place.  The game had only recorded my times from SS1 and SS3.  I continued the rally through to the end and won the remaining stages and received the Australia trophy at the end.

By no means is this a surefire workaround, but if you're experiencing a freeze on SS2 after the final checkpoint, try what I did.

First, change respawn option to 'Very large off-road'.

Then race SS2 through to the final checkpoint.  After turning the corner, before hitting the Tarmac, slowly go left and drive up the side of the hill.  Ride the edge of the hill for as long as you can.  You will eventually be respawned on the road.  Idle back to the left and go up the hill again.  Repeat this until you reach the flat grassy areas.  On these areas stay wide left of the Tarmac by 3-5 car lengths.  You will occasionally respawn on the Tarmac, just idle back to the grassy areas.  Once you get to the end, gain a little speed on the final hill and veer off towards the finish and just let the car cruise across the finish line.

At all times take it slow.  If this workaround does the same for you as it did for me, your time won't matter.

Be extra careful on the respawns.  Be slow and ease back to the hills/grass.  You will probably have to do this more than a dozen times.

Once the race is finished, press Square to retry.

Race through to the final checkpoint and allow the game to freeze (it's possible that once you begin the stage again you can just exit to XMB as that should have the same effect).

Restart your PS3, launch the game and load career mode.

You should now be on SS3, and there's no way to know what your times are yet, so finish SS3 in 1st place.

If all goes well, you'll now be in first place with only the 1st and 3rd stage times counting. 

If anyone tries this, please comment in this thread, I really would love to know if this works for you or if I just got lucky.  Thanks!

Thank you so much for this dude, your solution worked like a charm! ?

I literally just got my Australia trophy, skipped through the remaining 3 rally series to win the WRC and came on here to comment.

The only advice I can add from my side is when Matto says "idle" back onto the grassy areas, he means as slow as freakin possible. I literally just tapped my R2 button so my speed did not go above 15-20 kmph while I moved towards the grass. 

I shit you not, when I tried for this on my WRC-2 run I got within a few meters of the finish line through the grass, I picked up speed then let go of the gas, moved on to the tarmac and this piece of shit game froze when I was just 2 feet away from the finish line!! I almost threw my controller at the screen ?

I was so heartbroken, even my best attempt hadn't worked. So I just gave up and lost the Australia rally and thought to try this in WRC hoping I'd get a different set of races or weather conditions...... But nope, I got the exact same! So it was really important that my latest attempt be successful. 

This time what I did was reach the sides of the finish line while still on the grass, went beyond it so as to let the game spawn me back on the road automatically, then I just tapped R2 twice to idle over the finish line and finish the race. Anything above 20 kmph on the tarmac WILL freeze the game, just cross it as slow as possible as you HAVE to be on the tarmac to go through the finish line. I restarted the race, then quit the game through the XMB instead of getting to the freeze point again. Then when I reloaded the game it started me at SS3. Upon winning that I was still 1 second ahead of the others! Lol it worked wonderfully as I went on to win the series.

Considering the race is quite long and the game is boring I can only imagine how much time it would have taken for you to test all this out, Matto_lsi. That's why I had to take the time to thank you for this bro, I really appreciate it! ?

• Like 2

On 7/28/2017 at 6:24 AM, isp1992 said:

You're method worked perfectly for me,  thanks

On 12/3/2017 at 1:43 AM, chocoletti said:

@Matto_lsi Many thanks to give the solution while I was stuck in this f***ing Australia SS2 Nambucca!

I was furious as I can't abort this rally because I had to win all the last rally. I aborted 3 of them and had no choice to win all of them.

Especially that this game is so boring, I did not want to have to redo a season for winning the championship or the Australia rally.

On 1/10/2018 at 4:46 PM, ZEUS_OfThe_AEGIS said:

Thank you so much for this dude, your solution worked like a charm! 1f606.png

I literally just got my Australia trophy, skipped through the remaining 3 rally series to win the WRC and came on here to comment.

The only advice I can add from my side is when Matto says "idle" back onto the grassy areas, he means as slow as freakin possible. I literally just tapped my R2 button so my speed did not go above 15-20 kmph while I moved towards the grass. 

I shit you not, when I tried for this on my WRC-2 run I got within a few meters of the finish line through the grass, I picked up speed then let go of the gas, moved on to the tarmac and this piece of shit game froze when I was just 2 feet away from the finish line!! I almost threw my controller at the screen 1f621.png

I was so heartbroken, even my best attempt hadn't worked. So I just gave up and lost the Australia rally and thought to try this in WRC hoping I'd get a different set of races or weather conditions...... But nope, I got the exact same! So it was really important that my latest attempt be successful. 

This time what I did was reach the sides of the finish line while still on the grass, went beyond it so as to let the game spawn me back on the road automatically, then I just tapped R2 twice to idle over the finish line and finish the race. Anything above 20 kmph on the tarmac WILL freeze the game, just cross it as slow as possible as you HAVE to be on the tarmac to go through the finish line. I restarted the race, then quit the game through the XMB instead of getting to the freeze point again. Then when I reloaded the game it started me at SS3. Upon winning that I was still 1 second ahead of the others! Lol it worked wonderfully as I went on to win the series.

Considering the race is quite long and the game is boring I can only imagine how much time it would have taken for you to test all this out, Matto_lsi. That's why I had to take the time to thank you for this bro, I really appreciate it! 1f44d.png

Thanks everyone!  I should have checked this thread sooner.  I'm so glad others have been able to get past this silly crash.  I can't for the life of me understand how this was OK'd by the dev.  At least one tester would have surely encountered it and reported it.  SO lazy.

But anyway, thanks for the feedback, I'm really glad you all were able to complete your race, and hopefully get platinum too :)

• 4 weeks later...

I also had this problem, I downloaded the game again and updated it, on another ps3 used ps+ to copy the save

and it crashed at the same spot on the other ps3

then, I deleted the game on the first ps3, downloaded it again, this time I cancelled the update

and completed the race just fine

if your at version 1.0, it wont freeze at that checkpoint

• 9 months later...