As a trophy hunter should I go for a game until I platinum/100% it or spread out my time across most games?

butteryknees

As the title states I was wondering if I should stick to a single game until I platinum/100% it or spread out my time across different games? I'm not completing them as fast when my time is spread out, but I feel I would get bored of a game quicker if I stuck to it until I completed it. Thanks in advance!!

I like to stick to a game until it's done while to hands and mind and timing is focused on that game. If I switch to another game and come back after a few weeks I have to readjust. But once I'm done a game (100%) It's very difficult to even it again after. 

I tend to focus on one game at a time, usually until I plat it. Sometimes I'll play another game on the side especially if it's a Vita game. But if it's something like a 100+ hour game or sometimes if it involves more than 1 full playthrough, I'll take a break and play another game inbetween, completing it until I return back. I don't think either choice is more efficient. Some people like bouncing between games to stave off boredom. Others like myself find it easier to focus mostly on one game at a time. Maybe experiment with both and see what works for you.

I think youve answered your own question. If you get bored by taking it one game at a time, spread it out. Unless you have very specific goals in mind theres no point restricting yourself to a specific way of doing things. Just do whats fun for you.

Personally I juggle multiple games and its working fine for me.

• Like 1

I choose some easy game on Vita and PS4 and complete some hard games on PS3 to minimize my amount of unearned trophies... i jump between games sometimes dailey and sometimes i play 1 game for a week or until i reach a milestone like campaign through or all online trophies... Mostly i play on PS3 and PS4 simulteaniously to get more progress done ?

Do what you feel comfortable with ?

• Like 1

Whoa, you must've been reading my mind, I was just thinking that about myself.

I've gone back and forth between sticking with one game until it's platinum/100% or spreading the love. I guess it depends on how much time you have to devote to gaming and what your ultimate goal is. I have a guy in my friends list that sticks to 1 game until it is 100%'d. It seems to work out well for him since he is outpacing me when it comes to platinum/100% games ?

Me, I think I'm going to switch to 1 game at a time for now to try and clear some of my back log.

I find it easier to play other games while still going for 100% in the game I first started playing. This helps keep me from being tired of the game if it gets to a point where I'm grinding an area for the sake of grinding or I don't want to complete the story in a game all in one day. For example, it's taken me almost two months to fully get through Persona 4: Golden and I played plenty of other games between that period to mix things up. This way, I don't miss out on other games I want to play and I don't feel rushed to complete the game.

• Like 1

I enjoy grinding for trophies, too, as some other responders have stated.  My approach to balance is to have a non-grindy game on the ready, like something from Tell Tale, or an indie game.  Recently, I've fallen out of swing with my own approach, and have played several non-grinding games in a row; however, this weekend will see me get back on track with Ni No Kuni...even though I just picked up Lego Lord of the Rings for my Vita...decisions, decisions.

Sticking to the game has the advantage that you don't have to relearn the best combos, skill combinations etc. when you return a year later to a game. If those things are crucial, than it wouldn't hurt to stick to the game. Other than that, do what is 1. more fun or 2. less annoying to you at that moment. Online trophies should be done asap to avoid missing out when servers get shut down. You can all other trophies whenever you want.

All I'll say is that if you're hunting in a game that you don't love, and put it down, it can be very hard to find the motivation to pick it back up again!

Personally I tend to have 2 or 3 games on the go at one time, usually different genres to keep the grind fresh. I prioritise games I actually want to play, rather than forcing myself to play ones I fancy a break from. I also prioritise multiplayer trophies as collecting them naturally relies on an active player base, single player trophies can be achieved anytime.

Edited by g-bake_1986

That's for you to decide man. What I would say is don't feel bad about putting a game you haven't finished yet to the side for a while. Continuing to play after boredom has set in will probably kill your enthusiasm, not just for that game but gaming in general. Bear in mind many platinums can take dozens or even 100+ hours, or if you're anything like me you can spend hundreds of hours just playing the game normally before going for the platinum. 

For example I spent 1400+ hours on Skyrim before I platinumed it, I played the Phantom Pain for over 400 hours before the platinum popped but I took breaks, in Skyrim's case for weeks at a time to break it up. I just did the the same thing with Fallout, I decided to buy The Walking Dead and spent a day with it. I choose that game specifically mostly because I wanted to see what happens with the story but also it requires minimal effort on my part. There's no planning or worrying about the route to the platinum, you just sit and play so that's one way to deal with it while getting a platinum in the process. Point is if you need to take a break mid game go ahead, even if you spread it out over the course of a year you'll still get there. It's not a race, take it at your own pace and try and enjoy yourself.